Sony Reveal Event: Future of Gaming on PS5 [2020-06-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all this slow dripping news and the latest postponing I have become apathetic and my brain is only producing the words "yeah right!"

Between now and the 11th, let there be no kaiju emergence, alien invasion, earthquake, meteor strike, Thanos reappearing or any of the big nasties. Come on 2020, I know you're as tired of beating us as we are getting beaten too.

Believe it or not a Nile Crocodile has been just found swimming in the river near my town. The mf weights 200 kg and has a length of 3 meters. So there is that.

Despite most attacks going unreported, the Nile crocodile along with the saltwater crocodile is estimated to kill hundreds (possibly thousands) of people each year, which is more than all other crocodilian species combined

FFS

Don't know maybe your friend are junior in the industry but people knows part of the game presented and they work at third party studio. And HZD2 will probably release within the first 6 months of PS5 release maybe February or March 2021.
It's so early for Horizon 2. Sony must be very confident that Horizon 2 would have long legs, or it is risky to release a main entry of 10-million system seller as an PS5 exclusive during launch period. How about GT7?

I wouldn't be surprised on gt7 near launch. Polyphony digital has completely changed how they release games. It looks to be one game per generation and keep pimping it up as long as generation lasts. They could launch some kind of gran turismo game and keep patching it up for next years to come. It's also long legs thanks to the nature of the game. There is no plot to spoil.

GT7 should be a great showcase for PSVR2 also in the future. Don't think we'll see anything related to PSVR2 this week. But maybe some tease...

Gran turismo would be interesting case for ray tracing. Maybe reflections + realtime day/night cycle without prebaking assets. Car game should be very static in many ways and allow trickery on amortizing ray tracing over multiple frames. Could also be interesting use case for streaming as it's pretty predictable what needs to be pulled in. No need to keep whole track/all cars/all lods in memory all the time.

It's so early for Horizon 2. Sony must be very confident that Horizon 2 would have long legs, or it is risky to release a main entry of 10-million system seller as an PS5 exclusive during launch period. How about GT7?

The biggest french youtuber said GT will be at PS5 reveal event and probably at launch.

EDIT: The technical director of Square Enix japan tweet about the event and deleted it after
image0.png

ezr3ur10.jpg
EDIT: Bluepoint
unknown.png

`
Screenshot_2020-05-29_at_17.19.42.png
Lead animator of Guerrilla Games tweet deleted
screenshot_20200529_1aujgh.jpg

EX ND animator about next GG game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.