The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was disappointed and a little concerned after finding out it's only 1440p. But that concern has waned more and more, recently.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is also 1440p, and I'm only going by the demo here, but it has none of the shimmer that I associate with non-native resolutions.

Recently I changed to the high framerate mode in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and was pleasantly surprised to find out just how much they'd improved the IQ of the high framerate mode, compared to the high framerate mode of Rise of the Tomb Raider (whosoever on Earth thought up that naming scheme needs abandoning in a tomb.)

So yeah, a higher resolution would be lovely, but I've become increasingly assured of late that TLoU2's resolution is going to be more than fine.

What's really surprising to me is how responsive the controls look like. I didn't expect it to look even more snappy than TLOU1. Reminds me of MGS5 but this is a 30fps game. They have done an excellent job.

When I see that trailer on my phone it leaves me thinking wow, here is a game that clearly was designed by people with HDR sets [emoji16]. That is going to look amazing. This game is very conflicting to me though. It is from my favorite studio, it looks amazing, it plays amazing I’m sure. But it’s a hate driven revenge plot in a post apocalyptic zombie infested world with a lot of hateful people, lot of violence, gore, abuse etc and all those things I care less than nothing for.

When I see that trailer on my phone it leaves me thinking wow, here is a game that clearly was designed by people with HDR sets [emoji16]. That is going to look amazing. This game is very conflicting to me though. It is from my favorite studio, it looks amazing, it plays amazing I’m sure. But it’s a hate driven revenge plot in a post apocalyptic zombie infested world with a lot of hateful people, lot of violence, gore, abuse etc and all those things I care less than nothing for.

Sucks for you but my favorite genre in books is grim dark so I couldn't be happier except that I probably won't be able to get it.:cry:

Same here, that's why i like HZD and probably GoT.

You must not be a fan of The Walking Dead then :). Hate driven vengeance in media is a very effective way to engage the audience into immersion, spike up the adrenaline and really feel what the characters are feeling. I get a powerful kick out of this kind of narrative, the initial shock and awe, the personal loss, that leads to a gradual build up of preparation and finally the payoff, the retribution. Audience demand satisfaction and you are going to get it in the most personal, brutal and tear jerking way possible. ND knows just the right way to deliver that.

I like games, especially story driven games. So I am pumped for the game. God of War was excellent in it's story telling. I expect TLoU2 to do the same.

Who needs 4k when we can have visuals like UE5's demo at 1440p next gen, you waste so much resources on 4k/60fps that those games actually look worse than current gen if that Inside Xbox show awhile ago was anything to go by. Moreover the midgen refresh should take care of 4k res anyway.

I like games, especially story driven games. So I am pumped for the game. God of War was excellent in it's story telling. I expect TLoU2 to do the same.
I'm finally making my way through uncharted series. Janky AF controls but the story is keeping me in there. TLOU1 is next. Story driven games haven't really been my thing, ever, but when I gave god of war a chance, it made go back to try more.

I'm finally making my way through uncharted series. Janky AF controls but the story is keeping me in there. TLOU1 is next. Story driven games haven't really been my thing, ever, but when I gave god of war a chance, it made go back to try more.

To be fair, God of War has pretty good gameplay. I think Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy have excellent mechanics but the game design aspect can fall a bit short in some cases (moreso in the case of Uncharted 4 than TLL), especially when compared against everything else in these games.

To be fair, God of War has pretty good gameplay. I think Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy have excellent mechanics but the game design aspect can fall a bit short in some cases (moreso in the case of Uncharted 4 than TLL), especially when compared against everything else in these games.

There are some mechanics that always feel satisfying, from the first time you do it, to the 10,000th. The weapons in God of War, are just amazing. Throwing the Leviathan axe and having it thud into an enemy and killing them, then summoning it back taking a whole bunch of other enemies, never got old for me. And that was the base from which all the combat mechanics built in. :yes:

Likewise, the combat in Horizon Zero Dawn where Aloy was so agile and the bow so good, that almost every encounter felt great - in fact the more overwhelming odds the better because that game did a great job of making you feel unbeatable.

Back