Formula 1 - 2020 Season

Formula 1 season to start with eight races in Europe
An F1 statement said the championship would begin across three consecutive weekends - two in Austria on 5 and 12 July and a third in Hungary.
There will then be a two-week break before two consecutive races in Britain and events in Spain, Belgium and Italy.
All will be run behind closed doors with participants following guidelines to minimise the spread of Covid-19.

F1 2020 opening calendar
3-5 July - Austrian Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

10-12 July - Steiermark Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

17-19 July - Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungaroring)

31 July-2 August - British Grand Prix (Silverstone)

7-9 August - 70th Anniversary Grand Prix (Silverstone)

14-16 August - Spanish Grand Prix

28-30 August - Belgian Grand Prix

4-6 September - Italian Grand Prix

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52883244

Is Mercedes in a position to buy the Williams team? Anything in the rules that might prevent this?
Wolff said he was "keeping a close eye on the Williams situation" following the announcement the team was up for sale after making a £13m loss last year.

well wolff was part owner there before he went to mercedes, no?

F**k me...
Just watched an interview with Eddie Jordan and he said
"i just had to send Bernie a text congratulating him because he going to become a father again at the age of 90"

The lack of racing hasn't done Hamilton any favors recently, first getting huge backlash from Spain after criticizing bullfights he knew nothing about, and now claiming to be "first working class champion"
LH: I was the first working-class F1 champion. I’m proud to have paved the way for others. One of my favourite phrases is: “You can’t be what you don’t see.”

Not sure if it would be correct even if you limit yourself to british drivers, but for the whole field, not by a longshot, not even in his own era - hell, Kimi didn't even have inside WC as a kid, only outhouse, and worked his way as a mechanic to enable driving at all.

late edit: didn't even remember it at first, but hell, Hamilton was part of McLarens program since he was 13, at which point your background becomes irrelevant.

edit2: someone pointed out on another forum that Hamilton went to private schools too, doesn't sound too working class -like to me, but not familiar enough with the british schools to tell for sure.
Also apparently couple years back he angered quite a few people from his old neighbourhood calling it slum (which it doesn't look like)

They really need to get the races going to get something more to do than dig up crap the drivers say while waiting for the season to start

Last edited:
So that’s why he felt the need to point it out to Brundle. It was still a luxury.
It wasn't really a luxury (or I suppose it kinda depends, in older remote countryside houses it probably was), but IIRC without going to go through the book again, his family was on the poorer side of working class

It wasn't really a luxury (or I suppose it kinda depends, in older remote countryside houses it probably was), but IIRC without going to go through the book again, his family was on the poorer side of working class

Kind of like Japan. In the 80's many houses (and even restaurants) in Tokyo still had attached non-flushing toilets. Basically an attached outhouse. The stench was almost unbearable during the summer due to the high heat and humidity. I do not miss those days at all.

Regards,
SB

IMO it's pretty simple. You're not struggling if you can afford to send your kid racing. Even if you go all second hand and bare minimum on the consumables you are spending thousands just to get the necessities. Engines aren't cheap even if you so things yourself and then there are the entrance fees etc. Even at a super amateur level, basically just running for fun, will cost thousands.

You can send your kid to the local football club with everything he needs payed for for the next 10 years for the price of a crappy used kart.

so ferrari cant be dick dastardly with fuel flow or oil burning
merc dominant but will be interesting race tomorrow

anything can happen
where will pink minimercs finish?

First qualifying done, 1. Bot 2. Ham 3. Ver
4. Lando
5. Albon
6. Perez
7. Leclerc
11. Vettel

Surprising how competitive McLaren and Renault were considering their engines. Vettel confident Ferrari have better race pace. Curious how McL, Renault, and Merc19 will fare. Ver starting on the mediums, presumably so will Vettel.

Shades of Nico at Monaco with Bottas’ spin. :devilish: I don’t think he did it on purpose, but if he did, this should be a fun year, because the Merc looks scary good.

Last edited:
verstappen will probably win anyway, he's had a great run at that track
hopefully a non-merc will win so that things will be interesting because on paper merc are soooooo strong

would love to see a mclaren or a renault in the top 3 or pinkmerc19 (baby stroller beating perez? hehe)

maybe bottas will start doing the nico rosberg thing and play mind games but i think his finnish no-nonsense nature will win out

Hamilton got 3 place penalty for not lifting under yellow.
I think there's some lag on my stream, they're on warmup lap at the moment

edit 1: clean start, but Verstappen has now problems, crawling
edit 2: Verstappen out, they couldn't get the car moving from pits anymore
edit 3: Stroll having engine issues, still running well but apparently missing some power
edit 4: and there goes Ricciardo's Renault (also Stroll is out due earlier mentioned issues)
edit 5: Magnussen out, apparently lost front brakes, safety car deployed, typical luck for Kimi that he went in pits just before and lost opportunity for free stop
edit 6: Sainz & Vettel hit, Vettel spins. On replay, looks like Vettel started to spin before the hit after panic braking not to hit Sainz

Last edited:
Back