Non-political discussion of politically charged business choices *spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

milk

Like Verified
Veteran
Unlikely since they literally just posted this now.
If there's a delay wouldn't they announce it along with it?

This one tweet feels a little risque in my opinion. They are taking one very specific side one a very divisive issue here. And of all markets, gaming seems to be among the ones who are the most actively anti-woke posturing.
I can understand the postponing. But straight up tweeting #BLM just does not look like a safe move to me.

My source is telling me they are now looking to the end of the month.
What a load of bullshit if this is true.

Why didn't they stop everything because of the Uighurs in concentration camps and the humanitarian crisis in Yemen?

Pure virtue signaling from a marketing division run by hypocrites.

This one tweet feels a little risque in my opinion. They are taking one very specific side one a very divisive issue here. And of all markets, gaming seems to be among the ones who are the most actively anti-woke posturing.
I can understand the postponing. But straight up tweeting #BLM just does not look like a safe move to me.

Are there seriously two sides that these public companies can take to this issue?
There's one where you say no to racism, and I don't seriously see any other side they can take. What's the other option? Say yes to racism?

Don't forget that the gaming community is a generally progressive audience and staying silent isn't necessarily a good idea as you don't want to be singled out as the few companies that don't take a stance or be late to the party.

Are there seriously two sides that these public companies can take to this issue?
Three. Technically, ignoring it is the most profitable position. Personally I think Sony phrased their position perfectly, which is avoiding taking the spotlight away from those who have a voice right now... Third choice is what you see, making noise over sony's statements to muddy the waters, it has to be because of the "unrest" or because of the "riots". If you can read between the lines.

If there's a silver lining, I figured out I was hanging out with the wrong crowd.

This is not fucking 4chan and or gamefaqs eastman. You dont know a damn thing about the broken nature of american criminal justice(even by just statistics alone) or actual racism as experienced by us black people every day.

And if your going to spout garbage like "sony are saying yes to racism" because they dared to show some restraint for a few days regarding their video game conference i need you take a few weeks off from the keyboard and reevaluate your own mindset and priorities
https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/us-protests-justiceforgeorgefloyd.61778/page-4#post-2129539

you can come yell at me here if you want.

I actually don't care about sony delaying the conference. I think for their bottom line its a smart idea because the press would have ignored them. I care about them siding with rioters. But like I said come yell at me in the appropriate sub forum. I also see your from jersey too, we can meet in Paterson for a beer when things open back up again

This thread is for discussion whether it is or isn't a good move for a business to take a political stance over a neutral one. It is not to discuss what the correct political/moral stance is or how to correctly interpret those events. All political/social discussion over events should be held in the RSPC forum.

I don't think this thread is going to end well. Is hard to have a non-political discussion about acts which are political in nature.

In relation to Sony's (and others) response to the situation. As long as their stance is sincere, good for them. But I smell a lot of corporate BS, is a race to see who is the least racist which is dumb. You wanna help? Promote tolerance and respect to individuals no matter their race, gender, sexual orientation or political views in your workplace, that will have more impact than some messages on twitter.

I don't think this thread is going to end well. Is hard to have a non-political discussion about acts which are political in nature.

In relation to Sony's (and others) response to the situation. As long as their stance is sincere, good for them. But I smell a lot of corporate BS, is a race to see who is the least racist which is dumb. You wanna help? Promote tolerance and respect to individuals no matter their race, gender, sexual orientation or political views in your workplace, that will have more impact than some messages on twitter.

Sony is totally unbelievable police violence and racism is a permanent condition in the US why didn't Sony criticize it before and stop its production? Sony also has no problem selling games in which violence is used to portray all the bloody games, first-person shooters, with brute force with which Sony makes a lot of money. In GTA5 you can shoot down black and white people just like that, Sony didn't have anything against that either. Sony's reaction to the current US unrest is hypocrisy. Just like the censorship against erotic content.

whether such political unrest affects the launch of a new console? I do not think so. All the suppliers of the chips from Asia will not take this into account. Otherwise, Sony would have to pay a contractual penalty in the billions.

Here's a great idea:

Sony releases the presentation for the whole world but IP blocks the U.S.
They then lift the block when americans solve their internal problems, or when they get into their "right state of mind".

No one has to wait because of the US, and the US gets the content when they want.

Well, from a completely non political profit perspective to keep in line with Shiftygeezer's narrow perspective of this thread.

I wonder how much money Sony squeezed from dear ole Soros to support this "antifa" psyop. Maybe they also shipped a few PS4 palettes on top so they can throw them like "somebody" helpful did with bricks. To get the best out of riot marketing. During these pressing economical times us shareholders expect Sony to make the best possible deal here.

Product Disclaimer:

Extremely toxic sarcasm can be infectious if read unprotected. Please wear a mask while reading.

People kept pulling politics into the reveal thread. I've tried to separate out the discussion but people clearly aren't able to distance themselves from the topic and discuss discrete elements apolitically, so I'll just close this thread and delete political discussion around the announcement. All talk on the current events and collateral fallout in the US are confined to the RSPC forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back