Sony Reveal Event: Future of Gaming on PS5 [2020-06-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently I need to respect "the good people on both sides".
Not at all. You can say whatever you want to say, just in the political part of the forum. The rest is largely kept apolitical to ensure conversations don't become discussions on politics as opposed to everything else (which all political posts will lead to sooner or later!).

Not at all. You can say whatever you want to say, just in the political part of the forum. The rest is largely kept apolitical to ensure conversations don't become discussions on politics as opposed to everything else (which all political posts will lead to sooner or later!).
It's certainly difficult when the actual communication from Sony is about why they postponed the events, who's voice is being heard, and it's impossible to discuss why they did this without at least explaining the circumstances where a group have a voice.

Not really. Sony have cancelled it because of unrest in the US. Discussion on why that unrest exists belongs in the RSPC forum. It's impossible to discuss that here without competing sides weighing in on whether its justified or not, who's to blame, whether the actions are merited, proportional, where politicians stand, what they should be doing, where corporations should or shouldn't weigh in, etc., which is clearly a political discussion.

This thread is effectively on hiatus until the rescheduled reveal.

Not really. Sony have cancelled it because of unrest in the US. Discussion on why that unrest exists belongs in the RSPC forum. It's impossible to discuss that here without competing sides weighing in on whether its justified or not, who's to blame, whether the actions are merited, proportional, where politicians stand, what they should be doing, where corporations should or shouldn't weigh in, etc., which is clearly a political discussion.

This thread is effectively on hiatus until the rescheduled reveal.
I agree, any comment about the posponment will necessarily be political. Overtly or not.

My source is telling me they are now looking to the end of the month. They may be adding more to this from another event that was planned for mid july. That content will be split some of it coming forward and some of it moving backwards.

My source doesn't have any more details but suggested that the start of July is a no go because of the holiday in the States

Yeah Sony invested way too much into this to keep our expectations tempered, it's gonna be one hellava show alright :).
Final prediction for the roster

Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Demon Souls remake
Ratchet & Clank
GT7
Silent Hill Reboot
Quantum Error
Godfall
Call of Duty
Batman game from Rocksteady
Harry Potter
Surprise third party exclusive
God of War 2 teaser

Let's hope not, that list would mean nothing new basically. Remasters and sequels in better graphics, that's not going to get a pc gamer like me to get another playstation.

This postponing gives me the feeling that this show is important for Sony and meant to be a big reveal. I wonder if they would have done the same with "the road to PS5" video. I hope they will use the extra time to add content. We just have to accept Sony's choice and this time I think it was better later than Soony;)

31aTNy1.jpg
don't believe its confirmed yet. Last I heard its the end of the month but this may be a closer source than what I have

Feels like ps5’s unveils is a bad omen that just won’t stop. First Covid-19 now BLM, what’s next, flood, earthquake, WW3? I pray everyone would work together to resolve those issues and stay safe as always:yep2:

What's the latest a console's final form has been shown before release? Surely this is the record setter.
PS4 wasn't shown before the E3 before release in 2013 so assuming they do show the console in the coming weeks, it'll be around the same. This event seems to be focussed only on games though.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/sony...note-from-the-us-playstation-website.1545090/

So gaf has figured out that the 2020 holiday release date was removed from the US website.

Could just be a mistake. Or it could be a real delay coming down the pipe. I have heard that the ps5 is very expensive mostly due to bad yields. Could be they haven't been getting enough good chips back ? Who knows but 2020 keeps on giving !
Could be neither. The 2020 that was removed was part of the june 4th reveal event banner and replaced with a dualsense animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back