Sony Reveal Event: Future of Gaming on PS5 [2020-06-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they advertising the reveal on US television. Seems to me it's going to be quite the blowout if they advertising the reveal on TV over there.
Yeah Sony invested way too much into this to keep our expectations tempered, it's gonna be one hellava show alright :).
Final prediction for the roster

Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Demon Souls remake
Ratchet & Clank
GT7
Silent Hill Reboot
Quantum Error
Godfall
Call of Duty
Batman game from Rocksteady
Harry Potter
Surprise third party exclusive
God of War 2 teaser

More deep dives of each title in August and TGS.

why punish the rest of the world for some event happening in just one country, it's not like terrible things happen everywhere in the world everyday, US is not the center of the world....
North America is one of the biggest markets for gaming. The USA is the biggest part of the market by far. There are also Protests in Canada and the UK over this btw. I am sure Sony has meetings up the wazoo figuring out what they want to do about this

MS gave the floor to smaller 3rd parties to show off their stuff.
Smaller 3rd parties like Ubisoft?

North America is one of the biggest markets for gaming. The USA is the biggest part of the market by far. There are also Protests in Canada and the UK over this btw. I am sure Sony has meetings up the wazoo figuring out what they want to do about this
It's not by far, nor even the biggest.

there is no positive messaging in cancelling a positive event, or then violence wins.
Just like Bob Marley said after being shot

"The people who are trying to make this world worse aren't taking a day off. How can I?"

there is no positive messaging in cancelling a positive event, or then violence wins.
Just like Bob Marley said after being shot

"The people who are trying to make this world worse aren't taking a day off. How can I?"
companies are tone death in their responses , this is not the political part of this forum so I will refrain from responding anymore

Even in your link the USA is second only to China and 34.4b was spent in china in 2019 and 31.5b in the USA.
Plus Sony only care about console gamers when it comes to their PS5 marketing, which effectively makes China worthless to them. The fabulous opportunity presented this gen with official Chinese support for current consoles seems to have amounted to squat of diddly.

Agreed.

No one outside the US has anything to do with their internal problems.
This sounds like we all must be punished for it.

There's nothing I can do about events in a country / state that is >8000Km away from where I live, save for abandoning my wife and daughters and going on an activist mission overseas.
And frankly, if I did decide to leave my family for a peace-keeping humanitarian activist mission, I could find a hundred different places where I could make a much more substantial difference than going to the US.

I could understand the postponement if they had a stage appearance in one of the affected cities, because there would be security concerns involved.
If Sony decides to postpone a youtube streaming event because of these protests in the US, it won't say how much they care about the US. It just says how little they care about everyone else.

You bolded only part o what I said. I was referring the USA as the biggest part of the NA market.
Even in your link the USA is second only to China and 34.4b was spent in china in 2019 and 31.5b in the USA.
OK, I thought your USA statement referred to the whole world, not North America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.

No one outside the US has anything to do with their gun and police brutality problems.
This sounds like we all must be punished for it.

There's nothing I can do about police brutality in a country / state that is >8000Km away from where I live, save for abandoning my wife and daughters and going on an activist mission overseas.
And frankly, if I did decide to leave my family for a peace-keeping humanitarian activist mission, I could find a hundred different places where I could make a much more substantial difference than going to the US.

I could understand the postponement if they had a stage appearance in one of the affected cities, because there would be security concerns involved.
If Sony decides to postpone a youtube streaming event because of these protests in the US, it won't say how much they care about the US. It just says how little they care about everyone else.

OK, I thought your USA statement referred to the whole world, not North America.

That's fine no issue there. As pointed out by others the USA is by far the biggest console market.

I don't know if sony will post pone the event. I am looking forward to seeing the new hardware and games but Sony has to decide whats best for them. If you keep up on the news twitter users are starting to call for spreading the rioting out suburbs over the next few days. They are talking about expanding protests in the UK and Canada also. So if things get worse it may be in Sony's intrest to post pone things. imagine the optics that can be used against a large company having a large event that detracts from whats going on. It can get painted in a very negative light very quickly. Look at the lunacy happening with the almost decade old billboards by sony

So apparently I need to respect "the good people on both sides".

As I said, and I repeat: Sony must be careful not to cause an involuntary red herring that takes the attention away from those who are holding the metaphorical nation's mics. Posting clear a message of support seems to be the best balancing act. I think postponing could have been a good thing too.

So apparently I need to respect "the good people on both sides".

As I said, and I repeat: Sony must be careful not to cause an involuntary red herring that takes the attention away from those who are holding the metaphorical nation's mics. Posting clear a message of support seems to be the best balancing act. I think postponing could have been a good thing too.
https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/us-protests-justiceforgeorgefloyd.61778/page-4#post-2129438

Post about it here if you want.

Lets keep this topic on topic

Well this is annoying. I was counting down the days. But it is what it is. Cynically I feel that Sony is targeting maximum exposure, which they’re not really going to get this week. On the other hand, this really shows that there are more important things in the world than video games and especially videogame reveals. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back