The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm also hoping for non lethal human take down. In TLOU2 I suspect the "enemies" we are killing probably are humans with family and they just want to protect those dear to them. To make things worse, their idle chatter probably will reflect this.
I would welcome this too, what I didn't see was an obvious UI prompt to drag/move bodies which given the consequences of their discovery, feels odd.

I want to take out a whole camp one by one, dragging each body behind this tree then lure the last person behind that tree so they are confronted by this giant pile corpses of their former friends. :devilish:

Upgrade confirmed.
2017 build
EZDgRWqWoAU68Gb

2020 build
EZDgHDLWAAIp_O3

Also new build has snow tessellation
Preview build
https://abload.de/img/26cjdf.jpg
New build
https://abload.de/img/15kkm9.jpg

I would welcome this too, what I didn't see was an obvious UI prompt to drag/move bodies which given the consequences of their discovery, feels odd.

I want to take out a whole camp one by one, dragging each body behind this tree then lure the last person behind that tree so they are confronted by this giant pile corpses of their former friends. :devilish:

It would be a bit of a stretch for Ellie to be able to pick up bodies quickly or even drag them quickly. If there is a way to move bodies I hope she drags them and slowly.

Wow, they really did catch up with the very best games out there with these last upgrades. I felt skin had been looking a little too dull on previous footage, but now it looks way more alive. They improved that waxy SSS look on characters skin significantly.

My only disapointment was that the water, despite having pretty good dynamic waves, did not tessalate and displace geometrically. Also, the large camera jump from above to bellow surface was more disorienting than ideal.

Aside from that, I'd say they've managed to bring their graphics above the bar. Good job again ND.

It would be a bit of a stretch for Ellie to be able to pick up bodies quickly or even drag them quickly. If there is a way to move bodies I hope she drags them and slowly.
Bigger bodies, granted. Smaller bodies? No. She's a very active, dangerous survivor. Dragging a body of equal size shouldn't be beyond her. Differentiating by size would add an interesting tactical perspective. But it is nice that both human and infected enemies in TLoU2 come in a variety of sizes. :yes:

Wow, the horse animation is excellent. You can see the horse hesitate for a fraction as it's hoof breaks through the ice and it catches it's balance. Really good animations there.

The boat animation is pretty good too.

I pre-ordered the game about two days before this last State of Play gameplay video came out so am very chuffed that the game looks excellent. While I have a original PS4 and know it might not be optimal, I will play the game again when I get the PS5. I can't wait.

I think I need to finally go back to the 1st game. Been making my way through Uncharted series, and as janky as the games are, the presentation is on point. Hoping I can stick with tlou til the end this time.

I actually just finished playing TLoU Left Behind. I had started on it a while ago but for some reason forgot to complete it. Likely due to upgrade to 2TB HDD or I simply forgot.

Anyway, I think I am going to do TLoU for a third time just before the game releases in three weeks so the story continuation is not interrupted.

NXGamer's tech analysis.
Upgrades all around with some changes. New build has better reflection, added Bloom, improved wet shader, improved depth of field, more foliage, more geometry, bigger biceps and triceps on the chick. Praises on density of the foliage, GI,scale, well balance of the engine and arguably the best game animation he's ever seen.
Naughty Dog is truly Great as expected.

They adjusted the motion matching. Good thing too...not accounting for gameplay over unneccesary non cancellable animations gets you an rdr2 level issue

Back