The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Thanks!

I think I'm on season 5 now binging-ish Community. (My wife is watching it, falling asleep every time so I've seen every episode at least twice already. LOL )

Great show! Wish I had caught it sooner. They're doing a podcast during the pandemic called, "The Darkest Timeline" with Chang and Jeff. (I know, Ken and Joel...bugger off)

ah billions s5 has started and that is a yay since succession is postponed due to the pandemic
the sonorous voice of giamatti as chuck, the brashness of axe and who doesnt love damian lewis? (its not allowed)

and the sneaky storylines with chuck, wendy, axe, wags (who is a 180 departure from his character in breaking bad, the softspoken gale boetticher) chuck senior, kate sacker, taylor

so fun

I'm holding off on Billions S5 until all 12 episodes are available. The casting on the series is always so good and the way the Alpha characters behave is a blast to watch.

Last edited:
They started showing Billions despite not having filmed the remaining episodes? I think I'll wait as well.

They started showing Billions despite not having filmed the remaining episodes? I think I'll wait as well.

Oh, no, nothing like that, it's just a series on Showtime that releases weekly.

I no longer have the memory to dedicate to shows for that duration.

Oh, no, nothing like that, it's just a series on Showtime that releases weekly.

I no longer have the memory to dedicate to shows for that duration.
They've only created 7 episodes of Season 5 before Coronavirus shut down production.

They've only created 7 episodes of Season 5 before Coronavirus shut down production.

Oh sheesh, that's even worse. I just checked and all previous seasons had 12 episodes,. They're short half the story. That's the fundamental portion too, usually where the turning point happens to make you think it's all gone awry, right before the last big twists revealed in the final episode.

Maybe they figured they'd be able to start up and finish production before the third weekend of June when they have no episode to run?

Edit: They confirmed their plan to have the back half of Billions to air later this year, if they can complete it by then.

Last edited:
I started Netflix's series White Lines. The official plotline is: A woman tries to solve the mysterious death of her brother, a famous DJ who disappeared from Ibiza around twenty years ago. It's fairly good, but took a while to catch on about the quick time era flashbacks/transitions in the story. The one aspect I didn't care for was not having every conversation dubbed into English when the one family talks. The frequency isn't as often as Narcos: Mexico, perhaps more on the frequency of the original Narcos, so it's tolerable yet annoying.

Humans. I wouldn't say it's a brilliant show, but it's quite entertaining and I like it. It reminds me of Detroit: Become Human a lot. I come to the same conclusion: even though I love androids as a concept or technological milestone, I wouldn't go much further, because the consequences can be catastrophic.

I liked it in many ways more than Westworld. Has a fraction of the budget but a more engaging story.

Plus the actresses are hot.

Beautiful women with accents are a thing so I've been watching some foreign shows, Prisoners of War (Israeli), Rake (Australia), Normal People (Irish), Fauda (Israeli). But they're well-written and acted too.

The Swedish original Real Humans ( Äkta Människor ) was brilliant. Haven’t seen the English adaptation.

I agree about Westworld. Though the first season was quite good, everything degraded too much in a self indulgent cesspool of violence.

I liked it in many ways more than Westworld. Has a fraction of the budget but a more engaging story.
I haven't watched Westworld, so I can't compare. I'm currently watching season 3 of Humans. I like it, but I still find that the whole premise of suddenly waking up (= giving life) millions of non-sentient machines was very stupid (@DSoup , yeah, absurd). I can understand that those few that were created with a conscience from the beginning had a right to be considered people, but why creating hundreds of millions of problems when there were none? Yes, I also think it's cruel for a person to beat a machine that looks like a human, that is a fact that tells something of the person who's doing that, but they were machines, nonetheless. Even Odi said that he saw how Dr. Millican was killed and felt nothing...

I'm also watching Carnival Row. For the moment, it's satisfying my taste for faeries in a way... I mean, I'd like to see more magic and glitter, but the show is good.

Back