Sony Reveal Event: Future of Gaming on PS5 [2020-06-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7537

@mods Making a new thread, feel free to close it down.

@edit 06/11: Links to Watch

Twitch

-------------

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ook-at-the-future-of-gaming-on-playstation-5/

With each generation, from the first PlayStation to PlayStation 4, we aim higher and we push the boundaries further, to try and deliver better experiences for our community. This has been the mission of the PlayStation brand for more than 25 years. A mission I have been a part of nearly since the beginning.

There are few things as exciting as the launch of a new console. While this road to launch has been a bit…different, we are as thrilled as ever to bring you with us on this journey to redefine the future of videogames.

We’ve shared technical specifications and shown you the new DualSense wireless controller. But what is a launch without games?

That’s why I’m excited to share that we will soon give you a first look at the games you’ll be playing after PlayStation 5 launches this holiday. The games coming to PS5 represent the best in the industry from innovative studios that span the globe. Studios, both larger and smaller, those newer and those more established, all have been hard at work developing games that will showcase the potential of the hardware.

This digital showcase will run for a bit more than an hour and, for the first time, we will all be together virtually experiencing the excitement together. A lack of physical events has given us an amazing opportunity to think differently and bring you on this journey with us, and hopefully, closer than ever before. This is part of our series of PS5 updates and, rest assured, after next week’s showcase, we will still have much to share with you.

Please join us on Twitch or YouTube on June 4 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s in store for the next generation of games. I hope we can make you proud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remake or brand new game from Bluepoint Games?

Also, new Jim Ryan interview: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ing-that-can-only-be-enjoyed-on-playstation-5

Looks like we may get some PS5 exclusive titles.

edit:
@jasonschreier
I'd expect both first- and third-party games at the PS5 event, and I def wouldn't expect every single detail on the machine (doubt they'll mention price yet). Funny that the company that pulled out of E3 is now the one holding a big game reveal conference in early Jun

I think only games will be shown, no hardware or anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
"That’s why I’m excited to share that we will soon give you a first look at the games you’ll be playing after PlayStation 5 launches this holiday."

I'm assuming not all the games will be launch games, or even launch-window games.

Absolutely wonderful news! I'm preparing for a show of real time visual tour de force that'll well and truly start the engine for next gen and set some new benchmarks for the industry in game graphics. Let's go Sony :).

Also over an hour long presentation entirely on PS5 games:devilish:. Even if you just show 6 games with 10min gameplay each would be more than enough to satiate the thirst. But I got a feeling the roster is gonna be long and juicy, this is way better than a traditional E3 with bloated boring stuffs and talks

Number 1 among the likes of Santa Monica Studio, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch and Insomniac? Guerrilla Games have harnessed the power of ether Aether confirmed?!

Technical director of Bluepoint

Screenshot_2020-05-29_at_17.19.42.png

The twitter video has already 1.5M views in just an hour after announcement. Let's see if Sony satisfies expectations and keeps the momentum it has gotten since the UE5 reveal.

edit: I was just checking and the announcement video has more views than a lot of actual console games reveals. The thirst for next-gen content is there.

Really looking forward to what Sony's teams have to show. I've never been interested enough in the gameplay of Sony's first party output to buy a PlayStation 3 onward but as state of the art showcases I'm always keen to see what they're up to.

I have faith that Sony and their studios will deliver a better game showcase than the disappointed showcase from MS. Hopefully a high content of real game play and less trailers. Would be nice with a console showcase also, somehow it feels a bit wrong showing games without a real console to link it to.
5 days left!:p

I have faith that Sony and their studios will deliver a better game showcase than the disappointed showcase from MS. Hopefully a high content of real game play and less trailers. Would be nice with a console showcase also, somehow it feels a bit wrong showing games without a real console to link it to.
5 days left!:p
Were we told it's going to be a 1st party showcase?
MS gave the floor to smaller 3rd parties to show off their stuff. There was nothing wrong with that. The issue was with them setting expectations and then dropping the ball. They'll have their show in july. We can compare the offerings after that.

The series of reveals suggests that we will keep getting things piecemeal, so one on the hardware (teardown), one on the OS functions, one on online stuff etc. But this one will definitely be one of the more exciting ones! Over an hour of showing games, including first party studio stuff ... I have to try hard to keep myself from being overhyped and then ending up disappointed, but I am hella curious I can tell you!

Apparently they advertising the reveal on US television. Seems to me it's going to be quite the blowout if they advertising the reveal on TV over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back