Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

What is funny is PlayStation originals sequence which this is based on predates the new marvel sequence.
ahhhh! it's come full circle! When did the originals come out with this? It says here posting date for Dec 2, 2019. That's too recent.

One has to wonder if that video is playing only when starting the game initially or if it would also play when resuming from suspend. The implication between those 2 things is very different.

So let me get this straight... They claim to nearly eliminate loading times with PS5 but then will be adding a new video at the beginning of all their new first party games that is 17 seconds in length.
Or, all games will install in 17 seconds! :runaway:

Came out in 2015 but the first movie that used it was ratchet and clank in 2016. You can see it on Netflix assuming they still have the movie up there.
ahh nice.
I dunno
According to this, Marvel started the initial portion of it in 2013 and sort of gets close to the final format in 2016 with Doctor Strange. Definitely some borrowing happening there over time.

In regards to the PS5 system startup, I'd love something like this... Instant startup options plus classic nostalgic options for soppy buggers like me.

PS5 >> Settings >> Customisation >> System Startup

Startup Mode:
Default [Visual: PS5, Sound: PS5, Mode: Custom Medium, Volume: 5, Beep: Medium]
Instant ['zoom/fade-in in <5 seconds, skips startup entirely']
Short
Long

Startup Visual - Short Options:
PS1 SCE
PS1 PS
PS2 (Abridged)
PS3 Original (Abridged)
PS3 Slim (Abridged)
PS4 (Abridged)
PS5

Startup Visual - Long Options:
PS1 SCE+PS
PS2
PS3 Original
PS3 Slim
PS4
PS5

Startup Sound - Short Options:
PS1 SCE
PS1 PS
PS2 (Abridged)
PS3 Original (Abridged)
PS3 Slim (Abridged)
PS4 (Abridged)
PS5

Startup Sound - Long Options:
PS1 SCE+PS
PS2
PS3 Original
PS3 Slim
PS4
PS5

Startup Volume:
1-10

Startup Beep:
Off | Low | Medium | High

I would absolutely hope so.

Their new brand makes sense. It's just funny to me that marketing may be stepping on other toes.
I don't want another button to push at the start of my games to skip another useless screen.

This is a stupid idea, probably coming from some non-gamer executive boss in order to promote their brand.

I don't want another button to push at the start of my games to skip another useless screen. This is a stupid idea, probably coming from some non-gamer executive boss in order to promote their brand.

If they never put it into actual games, they can slightly shorten it and repurpose it for trailers and other press material.

I predict that intro wont be used much. Is not even good lol.

Perhaps when those people hadn’t seen anything running properly on PS4. The differences became very much notable pretty darn soon!

Yes, initial reaction. But I do remember a lot of people disappointed after the initial reveal.

I don't want another button to push at the start of my games to skip another useless screen.

This is a stupid idea, probably coming from some non-gamer executive boss in order to promote their brand.

How is building and using your brand stupid? I understand where you coming from but for the mainstream having a brand that delivers is much more important.

An honestly all this moaning about button presses when we talking single digits probably no more than three is ridiculous.

I'm also sure they mention having shorter versions of it on the blog. Also having a splash screen can make the first initial load seem instant because of the splash screen.

I'm sort of in the middle on this. If the load times are fast and you can basically skip instantly, it's not a huge deal. At the same time if you get the sony highlight screen, and then the developer logo, and then a bunch of middleware banners (UE, speedtree, wwise etc) to click through it'll be annoying.

So when will it be trendy for a game to just fade right into the game (on launching it first time w/ no existing save) and have the logos be a part of the introductory credit sequence that happens after the prologue :?: I forget if it was LoU that did it or...

Give me a really cinematic and theatrical immersion (just don't insert 45 minutes of trailers before-hand).

"A Sorny Ent Game"
"Developed by Bendo"
"Featuring Off-the-Rails-Engine 5"
"WHEREFORE RT THOU DAYS GONE"

Last edited:
So when will it be trendy for a game to just fade right into the game (on launching it first time w/ no existing save) and have the logos be a part of the introductory credit sequence that happens after the prologue :?: I forget if it was LoU that did it or...

If I remember correctly Killzone Shadow fall did something like that.

Ratchet and Clank feels a bit cheating to me because it wasn't created in house, but was independent. And Sackboy is old IP. In filling out the breadth of games on show to include cartoon/family/fun, Sony have had to fudge things a bit. Knack is perhaps the only current character who'd fill that slot. And Astrobot. Sackboy is more recognisable, but Astrobot is more contemporary.

Maybe Sony will change the games on show with different trailers?

Ratchet and Clank feels a bit cheating to me because it wasn't created in house, but was independent. And Sackboy is old IP. In filling out the breadth of games on show to include cartoon/family/fun, Sony have had to fudge things a bit. Knack is perhaps the only current character who'd fill that slot. And Astrobot. Sackboy is more recognisable, but Astrobot is more contemporary.

They could have also showed Killzone, Wipeout, Gran Turismo, Ghost of Tukushima, or maybe even Dreams.

They own R&C IP from the start, and now the studio...seems fine to me

Whenever Sony directed and produced the game it will have this logo. So that includes some specific second parties and contracts like remasters/reboots.
"There are different, shorter animations that will exist in trailers... It will exist in advertising. It will be in any other creative assets, such as the game packaging and the game discs themselves."
""The cinematic you've seen is the one that has multiple games in it. But over time, as we introduce well established franchises, we can tailor that opening a bit to possibly show the franchise over the years, new characters that have come into play..."
""Alongside games developed by Sony's first-party studios -- such as Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studio, Media Molecule and Guerrilla Games -- the PlayStation Studios brand will also apply to games made by work-for-hire developers under Sony's direction."

Back