Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

Not if the government doesn't tell them to. Even when there are rules to follow, people are readily bending or even ignoring them, to the degree some countries had to threaten criminalisation and enforce extreme lockdown behaviours. There's no way a self-adopted change of social behaviour has happened enough to cause a reversal of epidemic growth.

I won't go so far as to say it's natural herd immunity, but it does need explaining in achieving better results (or at least lower reported cases) without lockdown than countries with significant lockdown. Social changes notably less than full lockdown wouldn't account for it.

Parents still gotta go do their job, kids still gotta go to school ... they might change their behaviour, but they can't isolate the same as in a society shutdown by state force.

And a couple of the people you're working with probably do hit the bar on the weekend.

Sweden has some peculiar demographics for those thinking their model might have worked in the US. For instance about 50% of Sweden lives in a single individual household.

Yep, though that's pointed out in the article advocating the herd-immunity theory. However, there's definitely something going on to shift the R to <1 and have a diminishing infection rate.

2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) for Dallas County Texas
https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php

May 11, 2020 - 6,123 confirmed cases - 145 deaths

6,123 confirmed cases up 253 over yesterday and two new deaths
those 253 new cases represent a 4.3% increase over the last day

Increases (by percent) over the last 46 days:
21.0%, 19.6%, 11.1%, 12.5%, 14.9%
-- Month of April 2020 --
15.8%, 13.7%, 10.8%, 10.2%, 9.6%, 3.9%, 9.2%, 5.0%, 8.2%, 7.3%, 7.0%, 4.8%, 3.8%, 5.0%, 5.8%,
4.0%, 6.0%, 6.1%, 4.5%, 3.5%, 3.6%, 3.1%, 3.0%, 2.6%, 2.6%, 3.6%, 3.0%, 4.3%, 3.5%, 5.3%
-- Month of May 2020 --
5.3%, 4.9%, 6.0%, 5.7%, 5.9%, 5.3%, 5.2%, 4.9%, 4.7%, 4.5% and now 4.3%

Increases (by count) over the last 46 days:
+64, +72, +49, +61, +82
-- Month of April 2020 --
+100, +100, +90, +94, +97. +43, +106, +63, +108, +105, +107, +79, +65, +89, +109,
+80, +124, +134, +104, +84, +90, +81, +80, +71, +75, +105, +91, +135, +112, +179
-- Month of May 2020 --
+187, +181, +234, +237, +253, +246, +251, +249, +250, +251 and now +253

As of 10:00 am May 11, 2020, DCHHS is reporting 253 additional positive cases of 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total case count in Dallas County to 6,123, including 145 deaths.

The additional 2 deaths are being reported today include:

• A woman in her 60’s who was a resident of the City of Seagoville, and expired in the facility.
  • A woman in her 80’s who was a resident of the City of Dallas, and expired in the facility.
Of cases requiring hospitalization who reported employment, about 79% have been critical infrastructure workers, with a broad range of affected occupational sectors, including: healthcare, transportation, food and agriculture, public works, finance, communications, clergy, first responders and other essential functions.

Of cases requiring hospitalization, two-thirds have been under 65 years of age, and about half do not have high-risk chronic health conditions. Diabetes has been an underlying high-risk health condition reported in about a third of all hospitalized patients with COVID-19.

Of the 145 total deaths reported to date, over a third have been associated with long-term care facilities.

You don't think people change their behaviour when case and death rates soar?

It is basically only old people that die (~10 % of all dead are below 70 years old). Since everything in society works you do not really feel any impact.

I do not know if this is good or bad.

It is basically only old people that die (~10 % of all dead are below 70 years old). Since everything in society works you do not really feel any impact.

I do not know if this is good or bad.

Your numbers are wrong.

For the United States 42% who are under 75 years old have died and 20.5% under 65 years old have died.

Click on "Table 1. Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), pneumonia, and influenza reported to NCHS by sex and age group. United States. Week ending 2/1/2020 to 5/2/2020"
from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm to see latest data.

I expect the numbers to be the lowest ever since it was Mother's Day holiday yesterday, which would cause everyone to delay in being tested or going to the hospital to be checked on. More natural numbers will likely be seen in Tuesday and Wednesday reports.

And yet Ohio had another 696 positive cases out of 5.5K tests for a 12.7% positive rate, which is not good at all.

Ohio did 5.4K tests for today's numbers which is a huge drop from their highest number of tests the other days, likely from the Holiday weekend, with previous days at 3.3K, 3.6K, 5.5K, 4.9K, 6.5K, 5.2K, 4.3K, 4.9K, 5.5K, 8.1K, 7.0K, 8.2K, 12.2K, and 8.1K.

Ohio's numbers today, Confirmed: 24,777 (up from 24,081 ), Hospitalized: 4,413 (up from 4,351 ), and Deaths: 1,357 (up from 1,341 ).
CDC Expanded Cases and Deaths: 1,377, 121
Confirmed Cuyahoga County: 2,861 (up from 2,795 ) ~ 2.36% increase.

Percentage increase: 2.89%, 1.42%, 1.19%
Raw increase: 696, 62, 16

Ohio has total tests of 209,153 (up from 203,672 ) and tests per 1M population of 17,966 (up from 17,495 ) taken from https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/key-metrics/cases and https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ [case numbers updated later]

They're using roughly 11.641482 million as the population of Ohio

BTW: I noticed the numbers on the WorldOMeters for tests per 1M population is now different from all their previous numbers, so they must have adjusted their population numbers for Ohio. However, I am still calculating it from what they were using initially (which puts my numbers as being higher). They may be using roughly 11.689096 million.

Pence's aid who tested positive for COVID and got kicked off of air force 2 today was Katie Miller, Stephen Miller's recently betrothed.

COVID is in the White House. The valet, the aide, and 11 secret service agents. What does it say when we can't keep the White House secure about re-opening my country now?

It's more of their hypocrisy of do as we say not as we do and failure in leading.

CONFIRMED: The White House has directed all West Wing staff to wear masks at all times in the building, except when they are at their own desks.​

Not if the government doesn't tell them to. Even when there are rules to follow, people are readily bending or even ignoring them, to the degree some countries had to threaten criminalisation and enforce extreme lockdown behaviours. There's no way a self-adopted change of social behaviour has happened enough to cause a reversal of epidemic growth.

I won't go so far as to say it's natural herd immunity, but it does need explaining in achieving better results (or at least lower reported cases) without lockdown than countries with significant lockdown. Social changes notably less than full lockdown wouldn't account for it.

I don't agree. It still seems to me that quite close contact is required for spread of infection. Bars, public events such as concerts and in some cases public transport seem to be the main incubators whereas places like grocery stores (especially the hypermarket types that are dominant in the Nordic) seem to provide little potential for spreading in practice, when combined with inherently individualistic culture (maybe isolationistic when viewed from some parts of the world).

The government does not tell people to live normally in Sweden. People are told to keep distance and avoid crowded places and to work from home where possible.

The graph you were commenting showed the total weekly deaths if I understood correctly. The biggest problem in that regard in Sweden was that the nursing homes were death traps initially, but they eventually were able to contain the situation. 75% of the casualties reportedly have come from nursing homes and assisted living, so cutting the death rate in those alone has overwhelming impact on the total figures. Also, the fatality rates seem to be going down in most other countries as well, suggesting significant improvement in treatment.

State of Texas complete COVID-19 data breakdown

75af1a2d-68d9-450a-9ce9-ccd60b8fbfe3.png

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83

Data as of 5/11/2020 @ 3:25 PM:

Total Tests: 525,697 (Up +23,921) : 6,079 below the 30,000 Daily Tests that the Governor of Texas Abbott promised, Not Good
Cases Reported: 39,869 (Up +1,000) : -9 less cases today over yesterday.
In Hospitals: 1,525 (Down -101)
Patients Recovered (Estimated*) : 21,713 (Up +691)
Fatalities: 1,100 (Up +12)

Texas tests per 1M population are 16,875 (Up +856) which places Texas as the 3rd worst State. No change from yesterday.

Click this link: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us
and on the page click the Tests / 1M pop column to sort from worst to first

They're using roughly 27.885 million as the population of Texas.

People forget there are consequences for what they say... Read both portions of the tweet images.

More details:

Dallas law firm fires employee after ‘threatening’ post about his gun, COVID-19 mask requirements
The law firm said it reported the former employee’s post to Dallas police as a precaution.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pub...+gear&utm_campaign=CoronavirusUpdate_05112020

A Dallas law firm fired an employee after he wrote in a Facebook post that lambasted businesses that require customers to wear masks during the COVID-19 pandemic and made references to firearms and ammunition.

The law firm, Thompson & Knight, called the post “threatening and offensive” in a statement.

The firm’s chief marketing officer, Kelby Luther, confirmed Monday that the terminated employee is Kevin Bain, who had worked as a document services manager based in Dallas.

Bain did not return a call or email seeking comment Monday.

Public records show he is 52. He does not appear to have a criminal history in Dallas County.

Luther said the firm’s statement refers to a widely shared Facebook post in which Bain referred to the Whole Foods grocery store on Lomo Alto Drive in Highland Park, saying that any business that insists he wear a mask “will get told to kiss my Corona ass and will lose my business forever.”

“It’s time to stop this [expletive],” the post continued. “Do I have to show the lame security guard outside of a ghetto store my CV19 test results? I will show him my Glock 21 shooting range results.”

He also referred to a brand of ammunition in his post, saying it was “pricey … but worth it in this situation.”

“They have reached the limit. I have more power than they do,” the post read. “They just don’t know it yet.”
Thompson & Knight, which has offices in Dallas and Fort Worth as well as other cities around the world, said the post was a “complete violation” of the firm’s values.

The firm said it notified Dallas police about the post on Friday. A Dallas police spokeswoman did not have details Monday about the report. A Highland Park police spokesman said the department was “looking into it."

“We are deeply sorry for this situation,” the law firm’s statement said. "This type of post is not and never will be tolerated by our Firm.”

Marina Bucar Barjud MD.
She is a brazilian MD, working at Madri, Spain.
Also Scientific Coordinator of Universidade de Zaragoza.
They elaborated a protocol to treat covid-19 pacients with 1,2% mortality rate.
I will upload the protocol file.

She explain the protocol (portuguese language, highlly technical):

She is training brazilians now.

The brazilian newspaper (portuguese language): https://cartapiaui.com.br/noticias/...e-cloroquina-36954.html#.XriNI6Ky2kc.whatsapp

Take care!

Attachments

• Recomendações atualizadas-covid-19.pdf
    421.1 KB · Views: 1
Back