PC Game Pass, now includes EA Play! [PCGP, XGP:PC]

darn, it seems that my game collection decided to update today, every single game! Even Solitaire. :mrgreen: Can you believe it?
MdG4lqv.png

several interesting titles have been added as of late.

I'm currently playing the Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition campaigns, and I love hearing those historical narratives again before each mission scenario. A timeless classic. What a great game.

I'm more of a campaigner, and I'm playing the Alaric campaign -Goths, who settled in my region after celts in real life-. It's a joy.

Is there any alternative on PC to windows store to download gamepass games. I know there is an app on beta somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

BTW, really liked Halo 1 remastered. The game is as good as I remember, and it's a joy to play it with mouse and keyboard instead that with a big ass controller (ms has come a long way from that controller that for sure lol).

darn, it seems that my game collection decided to update today, every single game! Even Solitaire. :mrgreen: Can you believe it?

Stellaris is a great game, there was a sale on Steam this weekend. Maybe you can still get the game and some DLCs, I don't know if the gamepass versions includes any additional content.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-gam...fonYm96QIVTe7tCh1LUA-6EAAYASAAEgK4_fD_BwE:G:s

click get started

unfortunately wolfenstein, gears 5, rage 2 wont install for me just get an error
I don’t suppose the drive you’re installing to was carried over from a previous installation of windows? I was having all sorts of Windows store troubles, and “uninstall” wasn’t actually uninstalling winstore games. It was a big mess trying to delete the winApps folder via permissions (still didn’t work properly), so I just formatted the secondary drive and started over.

No, brand new drive, also tried other drives. forza horizon 4 installs fine as did gears 4 and a few other games I tried

No Man's Sky gets a huge cross-play patch tomorrow.

Ok, I did not realize that if a game gets removed from Gamepass then you lose access to it. That's a bummer, I though once you had it in your library you could play it even if removed...

You don't own anything with Game Pass.

In PS Plus I remember that once you had it in your library it was there and you could play it as long as you continued to be a member. That kind of sucks.

Well this is awkward, I thought I would check it out and play Battletech ... but hey, windowsapps is protected on a level mere administrators are not allowed to mess with, so forget about installing Modtek.

Fuck you very much Microsoft, as usual.

Well this is awkward, I thought I would check it out and play Battletech ... but hey, windowsapps is protected on a level mere administrators are not allowed to mess with, so forget about installing Modtek.

Fuck you very much Microsoft, as usual.
Yep, even if you go through the process of changing ownership and unlocking the folders and files, you still do not get access to the game executable itself.

I thought, hey maybe I can just copy part of it and symlink the big stuff and then run the Modtek injector on the copied directory and maybe it will run ... except not only can't you modify anything, all the executable files are unreadable too.

Back