Microsoft Xbox digital events [E3 2020 Replacements]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Microsoft will have their own direct digital event to celebrate next-generation Xbox, gaming, and the community.

E3 has always been an important moment for Team Xbox. Given this decision, this year we'll celebrate the next generation of gaming with the @Xbox community and all who love to play via an Xbox digital event. Details on timing and more in the coming weeks.​

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm. i have a feeling we'll see 3P titles only. AC: Valhalla, maybe some EA sports titles. Cyberpunk maybe.

I'm keeping my expectation extremely low here. They may throw out 1 bone.

I hope it's not lame like, AC looking like just another PC/current gen title/cinematic/. Little else. Cyberpunk seems way too much to hope for.

Microsoft will be doing monthly events the rest of the year...

So, what is in store for 2020?

This is a momentous year for Xbox, with our next-gen console paving the way for all our games and services to come together in even better ways. Here’s what 2020 looks like, just to start:

• Our goal remains to launch Xbox Series X and Halo Infinite this Holiday
  • All 15 Xbox Game Studios teams are hard at work on next-generation games for Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass
  • The best development teams around the world are working hard to have their games ready to play on Xbox Series X this holiday
  • For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including Halo Infinite, Wasteland 3, Minecraft Dungeons and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  • We have new updates and titles lined up for Xbox Game Pass for console and PC
  • We’re expanding Project xCloud into new countries and on new devices—and later this year Project xCloud and Xbox Game Pass will come together, enabling you and your friends to play together in more ways.
  • It’s a lot – and that’s saying something in 2020, a year which could be summed up as “a lot.” With all this in mind, we set out to create new touchpoints to celebrate gaming and share what’s next with our global community.

Xbox 20/20

Starting with the May 7 episode of Inside Xbox, we will be showcasing what happens next in the world of Xbox, every month, which is why we’re calling it “Xbox 20/20.” These monthly moments will take place throughout the rest of the year and will be a way for us to engage, connect and celebrate with you about what’s in store for the next generation of gaming, including what’s next for Xbox Series X, Xbox Game Studios, Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud. Every month will bring something different. Stay tuned to Xbox Wire for more details.

For the Xbox 20/20 May update, we will focus on giving you a first look at next-gen gameplay, trailers and sneak peeks from a wide variety of publishing partners and independent developers across the globe and industry, including Ubisoft’s recently announced “Assassin’s Creed Valhalla,” and hear from game creators about what they’re doing with their games on Xbox Series X.

We’ll be confirming games that utilize our new Smart Delivery feature, which ensures that you always play the best version of the games you own for your console, across generations. And all the games you’ll see will be Xbox Series X Optimized, meaning they are built to take advantage of the powerful Xbox Series X features that make games look and feel incredible, including 4K resolution at up to 120 frames per second, DirectStorage, hardware-accelerated DirectX raytracing, super-fast load times and much more.

In July, we will dedicate time to focus on the incredible games coming from Xbox Game Studios. A number of our studio teams are looking forward to sharing first looks at new gameplay, insights from development teams being optimized for Xbox Series X, and brand-new game announcements. We cannot wait to share this initial look at what some of those teams are working on.

How to join Xbox 20/20 on May 7

I hope you’ll join me at 8 a.m. PDT on May 7 for the next episode of Inside Xbox and the first moment of Xbox 20/20. You can tune-in on:

• Mixer.com/Xbox
  • Twitch.tv/Xbox
  • Facebook.com/Xbox
  • Twitter.com/Xbox
  • YouTube.com/Xbox for the 4K stream.
Live language support for the episode will be in English, LATAM Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German and Italian, and the episode will include live Audio Descriptions at /MixerAD.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/05/xbox-2020-the-future-of-xbox/

Tommy McClain

After finally digesting the news one thing I noticed is that they say monthly updates, but then they skip June & go to the July update. Odd.

Also looks the tag for XSX games is "Xbox Series X Optimized" - "built to take advantage of the powerful Xbox Series X features that make games look and feel incredible, including 4K resolution at up to 120 frames per second, DirectStorage, hardware-accelerated DirectX raytracing, super-fast load times and much more".

Some of the fan-made box renders I've seen already expected something like this. With the box just saying "Xbox" & then have a smaller logo for "Series X"-enabled titles.

Tommy McClain

The YouTube video is the boot screen & sound supposedly. If so, I like, but we''ll rarely hear or see it if the machine is always on/low-power mode.

Tommy McClain

After finally digesting the news one thing I noticed is that they say monthly updates, but then they skip June & go to the July update. Odd.
Not read it yet.
But the talk was that the next event that everyone was expecting to be in June was actually in July, so that lines up.

It's one of the reasons I said ms may be able to give price after Sony, if Sony has event in June.

Some of the fan-made box renders I've seen already expected something like this. With the box just saying "Xbox" & then have a smaller logo for "Series X"-enabled titles.
Stands to reason as they said next xbox is just called xbox, and that's the series x version.

So there will be a June event...
Wonder what it is then, as they've not actually said. Could be xbox indie event, but wouldn't see why they wouldn't just say if that was the case.

Considering their doing monthly events, they can wait to reveal price knowing that they got event coming up. July sounds like good time for it though.

According to Bloomberg, June will cover "the Xbox platform and services". So probably info on platform-level feature upgrades over the XB1 (stuff like streaming/share functionality, for example), plus Game Pass news and probably more details on xCloud and how that will integrate with Game Pass and the platform itself.

I'm guessing that will probably be an info dump via selected press outlets like the initial spec reveal, rather than a livestream like we're expecting on Thursday and for the July first-party show.

Back