Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Looking forward to it. Origin / Odyssey were two games I've really enjoyed this gen. Wonder how far they'll be pushing the next gen elements of what's a cross gen title.

They do need to straight up do Kassandra as the lead again. Doesn't matter if that makes no sense. She's the best video game protagonist we've had in ages.

Last edited:
Doesn't it seem silly to announce an announcement? Tune in on the 29th to see a single screen shot saying tune in on the 30th?

I liked their trailer for Origins, but that was mainly due to the Leonard Cohen track they had with it :)

I really enjoyed Origins, perhaps one of the few Ubisoft titles I've ever actually enjoyed playing (the other AC and WD was a slog to finish). I didn't play Odyssey, but I'm ready to be blown away here.

I really enjoyed Origins, perhaps one of the few Ubisoft titles I've ever actually enjoyed playing (the other AC and WD was a slog to finish). I didn't play Odyssey, but I'm ready to be blown away here.

Odyssey went even futher down the action rpg route. That was their intention over the two titles. Expecting more stuff in that direction for Valhalla.

Wonder if they'll go full create a character, which would be a curious turn for the series.

Here's one interview with those screens.
https://press-start.com.au/features...smail-and-got-all-the-juicy-new-game-details/
Some next gen detail
Ashraf Ismail: We are committed to new technology. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will launch with the next generation of consoles and you know, technology for us allows us to build more and more immersive experiences, that’s our objective, that’s our goal, we want to deliver the most immersive experience we possibly can. And so we are quite committed to new technologies. You know, for example, having significantly faster loading times. This allows us to remove some of the friction with that emerging technology. This is really wonderful for us. Additionally, the worlds we’re building now are unlike anything we’ve built in the past in terms of their their detail. The amount of stuff that we can put so the more we can push the incredible potential of these worlds of Norway and ninth century, Dark Ages England. It’s better for the game it’s better for the immersion, it’s better for our players. So those are some of the ways where we’re allowing technology to really enhance what we’re making.

Last edited:
Meh!

Why would I want to play in dark rainy North of England, I can just go out for that!

I loved Origins and Odyssey, so they better show us something more or I’m out.

When I heard about the Nordic setting I thought, cool! God of War but open world!

And we get the dark ages up north? What’s next, Assassins Creed Essex?

Back