The Spoilering: LOU 2 [2020-04] *spawn*

This situation is really disappointing for pretty much everyone and everything involved. The fact that there is tons of intentional FUD going on to enhance the noise from plenty of dubious places is even more so. Naughty Dog was already skating on thin ice with me with the crunch expose by Jason Schreier. Like RDR2' and Rockstars crunch culture issues however, people will forgive terrible pro capitalist bad business and worker practices if the product is good, and while i am open minded enough to see the full game as a completed product rather than a series of clips, im hesitant to dip in until a price drop, maybe a steep one.

To be clear, while i want to see sensitive subjects and topics dealt with with care and not hamfisted, i'm not in any agreement with "antiSJW" people who get triggered at developer freedom regarding commentary and "politics" if its something they dont like(like gay people in video games), while hypocritically extolling the virtues of creative freedom and "politics" in something like CODMW for example. I just want good games that are natural and well paced stories out of ND.

So to hear rumors of the story going bad from even people i trust along with the anti worker issues coming out of ND, its really saddening because TLOU was a super high bar to clear and with something like TLOU's legacy, ND had to clear that. Again, i'd like to think i am open minded so i am willing to accept a story that pushes boundaries and the limit of acceptability even if its something i dont agree with, but its got to be good at what it does as well and from what im hearing it seems pretty rough. It makes me think they probably should have started a new IP rather than try to continue TLOU as a story like many people originally thought they should have done. With this development problem ND seem to have, Sony should probably go in there are sort some things out at ND cause no one else in their dev teams seem to be having the same issues ND does, its causing unnecessary problems.

I know...suspects who have had it out for this game since the reveal seem to have highjacked the conversation and especially nonsense coming from 4chan. But even beyond that stuff i unfortunately was surprised by actual game leaks i wasnt expecting and actively avoiding, and it really put a damper on my anticipation.

Just the fact that there is so much BS controversy is annoying by itself

Last edited:
Yeah... I got spoiled yesterday... I was not a fan of ND (but I loved TLOU 1) , but now, I'll keep my 70 euros. It's sad : / Oh well, a lot of other cool games and studios to support.

Last edited:
It's ugly, and shows why nda is so important. Better keep your employees happy, probably has something to do with the crunch leak awhile ago. The employee probably won't find a job in the gaming industry for a while now, but the losses are bigger for ND i think.

It makes me think they probably should have started a new IP rather than try to continue TLOU as a story like many people originally thought they should have done.

Yea, hope GoT will be nice, it's the studios first big aaa game, i like the old japanese setting.

If there's any truth to it, IANAL, there's always a case for damages, but the person is unemployable in the industry so it's just not worth any actions, it's just sad. And if the intent can be proven to be about a contractor's money dispute, it could be a criminal case for extortion, or revenge, or sabotage, depending of the paper trail. Breaking NDA is only a civil case for damages, unless the intent is criminal.

This would have zero impact if it was not for the army of assholes on the internet. One of the Beyond podcast journalist said the game was spoiled for her in her twitter feed, it's that much of a cesspool of imbeciles. They post it everywhere on twitter in all the channels related to playstation.

Stay away from twitter, disable any form of comment or chat in any playstation specific streams or podcasts.

I don't think its much better if a family of an employee leaked it. That's still on the employee. If my other half leaked something I had, it's still a breach of the Official Secrets Act 1989 - I'm being prosecuted for that because
I am expected to safeguard sensitive information available to me in my job.

That said, this is also speculation. I'm dodging the leaks like Neo dodging bullets.

071315_Warner_Bros._BulletTime.large.jpg

The problem is not the initial leak or where it's from, it happened many times before for other games (usually from reviewers breaking embargo) and wasn't much talked about other than "careful about the spoilers". It's the ongoing widespread disinformation and attempt to sabotage the launch, and making shit up to tarnish the reputation of those who work there. It's pathetic.

It's the ongoing widespread disinformation and attempt to sabotage the launch, and making shit up to tarnish the reputation of those who work there.

Really? I dont believe it. I dont see it happening at all. Maybe it's because I don't constantly frequent places like Era or FaceBook or YouTube comments or GAF or 4Chan. So maybe rethink where you hang out at.

I don't think its much better if a family of an employee leaked it. That's still on the employee. If my other half leaked something I had, it's still a breach of the Official Secrets Act 1989 - I'm being prosecuted for that because
I am expected to safeguard sensitive information available to me in my job.

That said, this is also speculation. I'm dodging the leaks like Neo dodging bullets.

071315_Warner_Bros._BulletTime.large.jpg

True, it doesnt matter who leaked it, the fact it leaked says enough. If it wasnt intentional, then someone wasnt really carefull.

Eitherway, it doesnt matter how it leaked for the end user or the game itself, its a mess and someone had to be blamed for it. Now people are pointing at each other whos to blame it seems.
And then we have Jason backpaddling from earlier statements about unhappy employees over at ND.
Maybe that was a reason to not post links to journalist and sources, thats the technical thread but were linking to the same sources here :p

Really? I dont believe it. I dont see it happening at all. Maybe it's because I don't constantly frequent places like Era or FaceBook or YouTube comments or GAF or 4Chan. So maybe rethink where you hang out at.

I thought I was just epic at leak bullet time but also I've not seen hide nor hair of leaks in any of the places I visit.

I thought I was just epic at leak bullet time but also I've not seen hide nor hair of leaks in any of the places I visit.
The places to avoid have been the official twitter feeds (the comments) from ND and playstation, and the youtube comments under official videos and podcasts from ign, kindafunny etc.... And all these journalists twitter feed, which sucks for them because they're the ones who need to clean it up. Era is well controlled because you need a real company email to register. Someone said they clicked on the official ND twitter link on Era, and first post right below was the spoiler. It's just bad luck. When I clicked it had a lot of hidden comments so I got lucky.

I don't know how it works, can't they just disable the comments completely?

The problem is not the initial leak or where it's from, it happened many times before for other games (usually from reviewers breaking embargo) and wasn't much talked about other than "careful about the spoilers". It's the ongoing widespread disinformation and attempt to sabotage the launch, and making shit up to tarnish the reputation of those who work there. It's pathetic.

I love conspiracy theories. Tell me more.

I hope the harrassment of nd employees was worth it for whoever leaked that info and ofc reddit for people making up horror stories to peddle the fud

Back