The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ND can't catch a break. Some backlash when one of the main ND guys talked about politics in games, the articles about the bad work condition, now this... My guess is ND will be an empty shell after tlou2 is released, I think it will not sell very well... Too much noises around the game right now.

I think you’re blowing this “drama” way out of proportions. This noise you speak of, I barely even saw anything about it and all I do is read about this stuff.

TLOU2 will sell like hot cakes. Which is a weird expression, I’ve never bought a hot cake, but that’s another topic.

I think you’re blowing this “drama” way out of proportions. This noise you speak of, I barely even saw anything about it and all I do is read about this stuff.

TLOU2 will sell like hot cakes. Which is a weird expression, I’ve never bought a hot cake, but that’s another topic.

Maybe you're right about the noise, I don't know, I hear about it, a lot of decent youtuber are talking about it... We'll see. It will sell, but enough with the expectations ? Not sure. Covid alone may slow physical sells.

For the state of ND, It's pretty well documented that it's not a good place to work right now.

Maybe you're right about the noise, I don't know, I hear about it, a lot of decent youtuber are talking about it... We'll see. It will sell, but enough with the expectations ? Not sure. Covid alone may slow physical sells.

For the state of ND, It's pretty well documented that it's not a good place to work right now.

Frankly, who cares about physical sales. This thing will sell millions of copies, digital and physical.

As for ND, it’s the same story as other major studios, such as Rockstar. You don’t expect GTA6 to sell anything less than a gazillion copies because of how they push their staff, do you? If that were the case, GTA5 wouldn’t still be selling millions of copies every year.

As for “youtubers”, their reach and ability to change minds is a drop in the ocean when it comes to these big franchises. Again, you might be overstating things here.

The leaks are supposedly coming from a disgrunted employee, whatever that means. He will be in trouble most likely, the studio won't, sony studios can never be.

Frankly, who cares about physical sales. This thing will sell millions of copies, digital and physical.

As for ND, it’s the same story as other major studios, such as Rockstar. You don’t expect GTA6 to sell anything less than a gazillion copies because of how they push their staff, do you? If that were the case, GTA5 wouldn’t still be selling millions of copies every year.

As for “youtubers”, their reach and ability to change minds is a drop in the ocean when it comes to these big franchises. Again, you might be overstating things here.

Maybe. In the end I hope that the game will be great despite all the mouvements inside the studio.

I haven't played the original and I'm still steering clear of spoilers lol. I'm surprised some of you went to peek. But I guess the lost ark is too tempting to look at.

There are many types of media where I don't care bough about story of characters to not read spoilers, but this is a game where I want to go in blind in terms of the story. I know roughly what to expect in some of the mechanics changes and they all look good. It was the same for me with Red Dead Redemption 2. Good storytelling is a rarity in videogames so spoiling a sequel to a game that told a story so well just feels silly.

Of course if folks don't care abut the story, then why not. Just don't spoil things for those who do! No offence to the mods here at B3D but in terms of avoiding leaks I feel safer reading about TLoU2 on resetera because spoilers will earn you a permanent ban there and the offending post will be zapped within minutes - I also stay a few pages behind the latests posts for this very reason.

There are many types of media where I don't care bough about story of characters to not read spoilers, but this is a game where I want to go in blind in terms of the story. I know roughly what to expect in some of the mechanics changes and they all look good. It was the same for me with Red Dead Redemption 2. Good storytelling is a rarity in videogames so spoiling a sequel to a game that told a story so well just feels silly.

Of course if folks don't care abut the story, then why not. Just don't spoil things for those who do! No offence to the mods here at B3D but in terms of avoiding leaks I feel safer reading about TLoU2 on resetera because spoilers will earn you a permanent ban there and the offending post will be zapped within minutes - I also stay a few pages behind the latests posts for this very reason.
i would hope that if there is a spoiler being written in this thread, it would be cut away to a entirely complete spoiler thread. Not to be interleaved with the generic TLOU2 thread.

Just don't spoil things for those who do! No offence to the mods here at B3D but in terms of avoiding leaks I feel safer reading about TLoU2 on resetera because spoilers will earn you a permanent ban there and the offending post will be zapped within minutes - I also stay a few pages behind the latests posts for this very reason.

No offense taken, it's no secret that B3D has far fewer mods and and can't read all the threads all the time. I find myself behind or skip certain threads entirely -- like game-specific threads.

i would hope that if there is a spoiler being written in this thread, it would be cut away to a entirely complete spoiler thread. Not to be interleaved with the generic TLOU2 thread.
I would expect so too, but sometimes slips happen. I just don't want stumble upon it before it's vanquished.

No-one here on b3d has done that though, doubt anyone will.
there is always a hidden spoiler-man out there. I remember in a forum how a nintendo-xbox fan, ttsmu, which had been pretty innocuous suddenly spoiled an entire PS exclusive all over the net. This was just before the release of Spiderman. Man those were the days, I hadnt' seen the spoilers but the laughs were antologic

I think it's not only about sales of physical games, but also sales of PS4 units. For now there are shortages in many places (like in US):

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

But I think the game simply wasn't ready because they are working home and are very busy...leaking the game :mrgreen:

Back