Valorant [Closed Beta, Summer 2020]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7537

Valorant is a new FPS developed by Riot (League of Legends)

Right now is in closed beta, you can get in by linking your riot account to your twitch account and by watching valorant twitch streams.

The game feels very good, it combines CS shooting style with unique character abilities that gives the game a lot of depth. I feel this game has the potential to compete with CSGO in the competitive FPS arena.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much CSGO with worse graphics imo but I haven't played it.

Speaking of graphics, the "smoke" effects and effects in general are laughable. I guess they avoid transparencies so people can play it on their 15 year old laptops but I think it is a very poor choice.It literally looks like a mobile game.

Last edited:
This doesn't seem like the kind of game that would be fun to play without a mouse.

dont worry, you got gyro on a phone running on top of auto aim.
Gyro + auto aim = quick and sharp aiming even on phone.

at least thats my experience with pubg mobile and cod mobile.

Nah, I think they will focus only on PC for the time being. LoL doesn't have great graphics either, they probably designed the game so that even very old PCs can run it a 60fps+.

Those who already play games like Fortnite and PUBG, which use similar, but separate mitigation methods, might be tempted to say, "What's one more?" But if you think of kernel-based drivers as analogous to the doors on your house, then you can see precisely what that implies.
Someone like me could end up having several hundred of them running

Nah, I think they will focus only on PC for the time being. LoL doesn't have great graphics either, they probably designed the game so that even very old PCs can run it a 60fps+.
I have a feeling that Tencent is promoting the game using as many popular youtubers as possible to make it the next big thing. We shall see..., but I think actual popularity doesn't work like that.

I have a feeling that Tencent is promoting the game using as many popular youtubers as possible to make it the next big thing. We shall see..., but I think actual popularity doesn't work like that.

We'll see. So far I think the game is a good shooter, but it is hard to enter in an already overcrowded market.

Decade old graphics has always been a trademark feature of Counter Strike. It seems these guys really mean business.

Decade old graphics has always been a trademark feature of Counter Strike. It seems these guys really mean business.
But somehow CS doesn't look as bad to me. Maybe because it doesn't try to do as much as Valorant effects wise. Again the VFX in Valorant are just terrible IMO.

Wonderful
About the software they use to safeguard VALORANT from cheaters. This is in response to a thread on Reddit that complains that Vanguard was so aggressively shutting down background programs that some users were having overheating issues after it killed the programs controlling the fans in their PCs

So, after a pair of weeks playing I don't see this game having CS:GO legs. They do have an issue with maps, they have added quite a lot of places to hide on each map to counter balance the scanning abilities of several champions. This requires to be constantly checking every spot, which is a bit annoying. Also, for the exception of one map, controlling the mid section really doesn't give you any type of advantage which in CS:GO is crucial.

And then there is the anticheat problem, which is by far the most intrusive anticheat system I've ever encountered with the exception of BattleEye which blocks a lot of programs for no reason as well.

Back