10.8%, 10.2%, 9.6%, 3.9%, 9.2%, 5.0%, 8.2%,
7.3%, 7.0%, 4.8%, 3.8%, 5.0%, 5.8%, 4.0%,
6.0%, 6.1%, 4.5%, 3.5%, 3.6% and now 3.1%

Increases (by count) over the last 27 days:
+64, +72, +49, +61, +82, +100, +100,
+90, +94, +97, +43, +106, +63, +108,
+105, +107, +79, +65, +89, +109, +80,
+124, +134, +104, +84, +90 and now +81

As of 1:00 pm April 22, 2020, Dallas County Health and Human Services is reporting 81 additional positive cases of 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total case count in Dallas County to 2,683, including 65 deaths. The one additional death being reported today is a man in his 60's who was a resident of the City of Grand Prairie and had been critically ill in an area hospital.

Of cases requiring hospitalization, most have been either over 60 years of age or have had at least one known high-risk chronic health condition. Diabetes has been an underlying high-risk health condition reported in about a third of all hospitalized patients with COVID-19. Of the 65 total deaths reported to date, over a third have been associated with long-term care facilities.

Is it because society in Finland is naturally distant or isolated? Or because they're sensible so when they're sick they don't continue to work or go out?

Well I guess you could say we only touch our peers in the context of either love or aggression. Or intoxication, but on the other hand we do not seem to require witnesses for alcohol consumption like others do, which further boosts our survivability.

State of Texas complete COVID-19 data breakdown

75af1a2d-68d9-450a-9ce9-ccd60b8fbfe3.png

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83

Data as of 4/22/2020 @ 12:15 PM:

Total Tests: 216,783 (Up +11,384)
Cases Reported: 21,069 (Up +873)
In Hospitals: 1,678 (Up +259)
Patients Recovered (Estimated*) : 7,341 (Up +855)
Fatalities: 543 (Up +26)

It looks like Texas is finally getting a handle on increasing testing as the 26,389 tests (11,384 and 15,005) done over the last two days is a 13.9% gain over the total 190,394 tests done just two days ago.

Texas tests per 1M population are 7,774 (Up +408) which places Texas as the 5th worst State. Texas moved up two places from yesterday. Ohio is two places better at 8,418 (Up +323) per 1M population.

Click this link: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us
and on the page click the Tests / 1M pop column to sort from worst to first

Last edited:
Meanwhile in scandinavia. Sweden still is living free and close to hitting 200 dead a day. I might be wrong but I believe around 1000 swedes die to flu every year. covid19 is reaping same result in about a week. I guess this is one way to fix the age structure of society and the health/retirement issues become less also. Pretty hard values if you ask me, but naturally nobody asked so it is what it is.

I find 1000 flu deaths per year really hard to believe.
Portugal with about the same population as Sweden has more than 3000 yearly deaths from the flu.

Lay off the angry booze, man. The anglos just tend to use the term for the Nordic countries in general.
And when no-one points out that it's wrong, such bad habits continue to exist. I mean, would anyone like if we started calling Ireland Great Britain? It's even closer as Ireland is at least one of the British Isles just like Great Britain is.

Going back to topic at hand, Wiki doesn't seem to show the real extent of our measures, here's a better description: https://valtioneuvosto.fi/en/information-on-coronavirus/current-restrictions

CDC says two pet cats in US diagnosed with mild cases of COVID-19
April 22, 2020
The US CDC has published a new advisory revealing that two pet cats have been diagnosed with mild cases of COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
Both cats were identified as having mild respiratory illnesses; the first cat was tested by a vet after showing signs of the virus. In that case, none of the humans who lived in the household had been confirmed to have COVID-19.

The second cat, meanwhile, also started showing symptoms of the virus and was tested. In this case, the cat’s owner had also tested positive for the disease before the cat started showing symptoms, indicating it may have passed from the owner to the pet. That particular household had two cats, but the second pet didn’t show any signs of the condition.
At this point in time, the agency is advising the public to keep their pets away from other people and animals who live outside of the household. As well, cats should ideally be kept indoors and dogs should be kept at a distance from other people and animals when outdoors. The CDC says that owners should also avoid dog parks at this time.
https://www.slashgear.com/cdc-says-two-pet-cats-in-us-diagnosed-with-mild-cases-of-covid-19-22617946/

I find 1000 flu deaths per year really hard to believe.
Portugal with about the same population as Sweden has more than 3000 yearly deaths from the flu.

Feels low to me too. I used this as source

Mortality figures for 2011/2012, show that almost 1,000 Swedes died because of flu. People age 85 and older were particularly hard hit. Three of four flu deaths hit this group.

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=5436335

So they just announced that they will start opening my province (Saskatchewan) up in May.

No details as to how that will proceed yet, but we pretty much missed the whole thing. 1.2 million people 324 total cases, (on about 25k tests) 4 deaths, only 61 active cases with 5 of those in hospitals, 1 in ICU.

New research from Elnara Negri MD (Pneumologist).
https://www.hospitalsiriolibanes.or...ulmonares-toracicas/Paginas/elnara-negri.aspx

We describe a series of 27 consecutive COVID-19 patients admitted to the Pulmonology service at Sirio-Libanes Hospital in Sao Paulo-Brazil treated with heparin in therapeutic doses tailored to clinical severity. RESULTS: PaO2/FiO2 ratio increased significantly over the 72 hours following the start of anticoagulation, from 254(SD 90) to 325(SD 80), p=0.013, and over half of the patients were discharged home within an average time of 7.3 (SD 4.0) days. Half of mechanically ventilated patients were extubated within 10.3 (SD 1.5) days. The remaining patients showed progressive improvement and there were no bleeding complications or fatal events.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.15.20067017v2

Newspaper about the research (portuguese): https://exame.abril.com.br/ciencia/...om-anticoagulante-e-testado-no-sirio-libanes/

Newpaper youtube (portuguese):

Biolabs also often try to intentionally create more virulent or human transmitted forms of existing virus's ... it strikes me as bioweapon research with plausible deniability, but that's just me.

The virus has been sequenced multiple times at this point, and it hasn't stood out significantly from other coronaviruses, particularly those from bats. It's not particularly weaponized, just contagious enough and with a long enough incubation period to not burn itself out quickly.
If there were governmental involvement in China, they took the step of being the first in publishing the full genome, and the accuracy of it hasn't been disputed.
So far, it's plausible deniability in the way that there are multiple other wild viruses that have mostly the same traits, SARS-Cov-2 hasn't stood out as being refined in an unnatural way.

While I don't know if we'll have the evidence to be sure, one theory that is at least physically possible is that a sample of virus or host animal escaped into the area of the first infections. In that case, a lab increased the chance of it happening, but the raw possibility that someone else would have caught an infected animal and transmitted it would have existed either way--and still exists for all the cousin viruses that may only be different in that their chance hasn't happened yet.

April 22, 2020

https://www.slashgear.com/cdc-says-two-pet-cats-in-us-diagnosed-with-mild-cases-of-covid-19-22617946/

This and the story about zoo tigers being infected brings up the MERS-camel comparison. The lack of a reliable biological reservoir can make a pandemic flame out and not come back. A domesticated animal reservoir of infection on the scale of the owned and feral population of cats could sustain or re-seed outbreaks on a much greater scale.

April 22, 2020

How did they test the cats for Covid-19? The vets have test kitds for animals and of all cat diseases they thought "hm they might have Covid-19"?
Cats are sensitive animals and have their own set of diseases with cat flu being one of the most common that can prove deadly if not treated. Its so common that I doubt a vet would have suspected about a special case that needs to be tested for Covid-19.
This sounds suspiciously strange.

While I don't know if we'll have the evidence to be sure, one theory that is at least physically possible is that a sample of virus or host animal escaped into the area of the first infections. In that case, a lab increased the chance of it happening, but the raw possibility that someone else would have caught an infected animal and transmitted it would have existed either way--and still exists for all the cousin viruses that may only be different in that their chance hasn't happened yet.
A chinese friend told me that the head of a Wuhan virus lab was a chinese woman called Yanyi Wang who was not suitable for the job. She got the position because of her husband's power. One of her colleagues said that the wild animals that were tested were sold to the wet market later because they are costly and this is probably how the virus came to the surface. Can't say if it is true or not. It sounds like a possible scenario but also too idiotic for someone to do this.

edit: https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202002/17/WS5e4a8a76a310128217278299.html
Found this now, this story is denied by her colleague. Maybe he retracted or it was a false gossip rumor that used their name

How did they test the cats for Covid-19? The vets have test kitds for animals and of all cat diseases they thought "hm they might have Covid-19"?
Cats are sensitive animals and have their own set of diseases with cat flu being one of the most common that can prove deadly if not treated. Its so common that I doubt a vet would have suspected about a special case that needs to be tested for Covid-19.
This sounds suspiciously strange.

They test all sorts of animals because they need to learn more about the virus especially how and where it can spread. Cats have been actually shown to present symptoms.

They test all sorts of animals because they need to learn more about the virus especially how and where it can spread. Cats have been actually shown to present symptoms.
Cats always had symptoms :p
Flu is the most common disease for cats and it is traditionally deadly if not treated.
I want more information on this. Is there a program that supplies all vets with test kits which allows and asks them to test animals with (common) symptoms?

Or because they're sensible so when they're sick they don't continue to work or go out?
That was the same elsewhere. It can't help though because people are contagious before symptoms. Relying on sick people isolating to stop the spread cannot work with this disease (possibly other diseases too. Maybe our understanding of infection variation is wrong overall?).

Finland isn't part of scandinavia :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:
'Scandinavia' in English covers the geographical region of the sticky-out bit at the end and Denmark and their other bits historically tied to the ancient Scandinavian's travels. From Wiki :

In English usage, Scandinavia also sometimes refers more narrowly to the Scandinavian Peninsula, or more broadly so as to include the Åland Islands, the Faroe Islands, Finland and Iceland.[3][a]
And when no-one points out that it's wrong, such bad habits continue to exist. I mean, would anyone like if we started calling Ireland Great Britain? It's even closer as Ireland is at least one of the British Isles just like Great Britain is.
Happens all the time. People call the Netherlands Holland. American's call everything from the UK English, so will ask a Scotsman if he's English. If you want to educate people who's culture has evolved to use terms that are similar to yours with different definitions, don't get angry with them. It's not our fault all the literature ever since school has referred to 'Scandinavia' as the people and places of the Scandinavian Peninsula. We don't lump Finland in with Norway just to be mean.

Your 6 angry smilies are the first time in my life I've heard of Finland not being part of Scandinavia!

Back