Rebuilding Bubbles, take..uhm I lost count.

I find it interesting that almost all PSUs nowadays also use intake fans rather than exhaust fans.
Probably because a vast majority of case setups have the PSU upside down in the case shroud at the bottom pulling air into the PSU to be vented out the back. If you had exhaust only, it would be more ineffective towards the back of the PSU components.

Probably because a vast majority of case setups have the PSU upside down in the case shroud at the bottom pulling air into the PSU to be vented out the back. If you had exhaust only, it would be more ineffective towards the back of the PSU components.

Are you suggesting mounting my PSU so it draws air from inside the case and blows it out rather than just from the bottom and out?

Oh, and I ran out of bloody electrical tape playing with fan swapping on my RX 580 so I'm waiting for some to come on Monday before swapping cases. (NEED electrical tape! Scotch 33+ pretty much exclusively)

Thanks for the clarification, I like the PSU just keeping itself sort of out of the equation. ;)
Yeah that's why cases come with PSU shrouds nowadays.

For your case, I'd highly recommend getting rid of at least the bottom hard drive enclosure, preferably the middle one as well. With those in place there's very little intake air.

Back