What can i buy

Davros

Legend
I have about £400 burning a hole in my pocket but i cant really think of much to buy
I only really need usb C for the front of my case (and maybe a couple of usb thumb drives)
Xdu5wr1.jpg

The obvious choice seems to be a new monitor and while i could get some nice tech i dont have, high refresh, freesync ect I cant really afford 3 of them also I have enough monitors in the house.

Force feedfback Steering wheels are awesome (so awesome i own 4) but then again to get something that is a noticeable upgrade to what i have would mean going direct drive and they are out of my price range plus my desk wouldnt take it I'd end up with monitors falling over all the time.

I have 2 hotas's already but the Thrustmaster Warthog does look enticing and it looks like if I bought it I would never have to buy another one.
yeVvZ02.jpg

Other than that I cant think of anything - help ( hashtag first world problems ;) )

Is that thrustmaster the thing to get? I have freespace2(yes, that very old game) in my toplay list. And after that is done perhaps I could get into elite dangerous in vr. I have been wanting to get a joystick for a while but haven't had the motivation to learn which one to get.

If I had to "waste" 400 bucks I would get that joystick or perhaps just get a nice arcade cabinet for some retro gaming goodness. If I didn't already have a vr headset I would wait for hp reverb2 and hope it's so good that it becomes a must buy.

The warthog is pretty much king of the hill it's metal and built like a tank some people claim brands like vkb, virpil or winwing are better but they are next to impossible to buy
for example virpl has a link on its site "click here for next restock date" it takes you to a post from nov 2019 that says new stock in april 2020 (6 months time) and according to forum goers they sold out within 6 hours. All those companies have no stock and right now there is no indication of when (or even if) they will get new stock.
Your choices are the
Thrustmaster - Warthog £350, T-16000M FCS £110 (£170 with pedals) (£110 for 2 sticks 1 left handed 1 right handed no throttle) T.Flight Hotas X £50 (pc/ps3) (£70 pc/xbox1 version, £70 pc/ps4 version)
Logitec (ex Saitek) - X55 £199, X52pro £150, X52 £120
CH products - Fighterstick £130 Throttle £130

ps: Freespace 2 is awesome (even more awesome with a forcefeedback joystick if you have one)

Last edited:
You should get a high refresh freesync/gsync monitor. You only need 1 for gaming, you can still have the others connected for other stuff. Decent 24in 144Hz monitors are <$200 these days. Trust me it makes a HUGE difference.

Back