Evidently, Crysis is coming back [2020]

Yea Cryengine's RT solution is entirely compute shader based. So no DXR is required so it'll definitely be a toggle in the PC space. As for whether the consoles run it, mid-gen refresh would be pushing it, I suppose at lowered resolutions and lowered settings might be enough. I don't know if that'll make the presentation better or worse, likely what we'll see on console is the best possible representation of the title for that specific piece of hardware; it would be cool to see their RT solution though.
wow, that's great news! So I can run the game with raytracing on! Oh gosh! Gotta buy it. My GTX 1080 should run the game at 60fps at least, I dont care about the res that much, 720p is enough for me if the tradeoff is having RT. In fact I play some games at 720p 165fps to save some energy during the coronavirus outbreak.

the Switch version is going to be the same version as the PS3 and X360 version, remastered, and of course without raytracing at all. Nintendo Switch can't run Crysis.

it should be improved as it has 8 times the ram to work with on the switch

I played Crysis 1 and 2 and PS3 and loved both. I have Crysis 3 on PC but just cannot get into it at all.

So how come we still don't have any media yet? It's been out for more than a decade and Cryengine has gone through millions of versions, you slapped on some fancy new settings and all you got for us is a background? I don't see the difficulty of showing us a trailer, some screenshots or heck even better some gameplay clips Crytek.
Maximum Borefest.

Can't wait to go back to first level and level everything down and cut all the trees like the true lumberjack should do :D

pun intended ...

Xbox ONE? Me here expecting a real next-gen showcase, can put that idea idea to rest now.

Depends how well it scales up when using dynamic resources with BC on mid-gen and next-gen consoles. I have high Hope's for MS's approach as they've done wonders with it before and majority of large profile games scale exceptionally well on OneX.

No idea how well that will apply with the Sony ecosystem with BC.

So how come we still don't have any media yet? It's been out for more than a decade and Cryengine has gone through millions of versions, you slapped on some fancy new settings and all you got for us is a background? I don't see the difficulty of showing us a trailer, some screenshots or heck even better some gameplay clips Crytek.
Maximum Borefest.

They did give a glimpse of it before.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2119374/

I'm referring to the mouse and keyboard control system, which is really intuitive, once you get the hang of it.
If you have to "get the hang of it", it's not intuitive :nope: But I know what you're saying, Crysis's control's were great - once you had adjusted.

What's the fuss about the controls :?:

The original Crysis controls were ditched in Crysis 2 on PC following the controller scheme introduced in the 360/PS3 console Crysis port. There was just a lot going on, particularly for keyboard and mouse players - the word "messy" is thrown about a lot. I originally played Crysis on PS3 but later got the Crysis bundle for PC and that controls were an adjustment - but horses for courses.

I still love Crysis, I loved that massive open world full of tactical possibilities, just as I did the original Far Cry, but the PC controls took considerable practice to get in the groove. The console scheme simplified it (dumbed down) but it was better for a lot o folks. I guess that's why Crytek changed it.

Back