Alien Isolation

PSA: The only real way :runaway:to play Alien Isolation is on a PC hooked to a Plasma or OLED TV :cool: with the Alias Isolation TAA Mod/plug-in. Seriously the shadier aliasing in the game is just so distracting. :no:
Yeah it's unfortunate that they didn't get some form of temporal AA in the game. Maybe an artifact of it being designed for so many platforms including PS360. I use Alias Isolation and it is superb. It does have a few tiny caveats if you know what to look for but it is one of the best TAA implementations I've seen. That modder knew exactly what he was doing.

PSA: The only real way :runaway:to play Alien Isolation is on a PC hooked to a Plasma or OLED TV :cool: with the Alias Isolation TAA Mod/plug-in. Seriously the shadier aliasing in the game is just so distracting. :no:
I finished the game once on Steam -on a laptop screen, now I am on a desktop 32" screen, the difference is night and day- but I like the game so much that I'm playing it again on gamepass PC (the mod doesnt work there, it's distracting but you get used to it)

I had been told by a colleague that the alien is an AI so that every game is different, and you don't always see it in the same place. Well, it's true. I was all confident because in my first game I had seen him full-body til much later, and this time he showed up to me before, and killed me. I was scared shitless.

This would be a perfect survival horror game with raytracing and HDR.

that's why one only can dream with that lighting and hdr enabled. I completed the 3rd mission -short if you run towards the girl in the beginning and hide at the first door to the right upstairs, soooo annoying if you don't do that-, but since I already finished the gam,e and dont want to be frightened to death for a while, I might play more relaxed games and play alien in short sessions in between.

that's why one only can dream with that lighting and hdr enabled. I completed the 3rd mission -short if you run towards the girl in the beginning and hide at the first door to the right upstairs, soooo annoying if you don't do that-, but since I already finished the gam,e and dont want to be frightened to death for a while, I might play more relaxed games and play alien in short sessions in between.

:)

I've beaten the game more than a few times. There are a couple of mods you might like to try.

Unpredictable Alien - this lets the Alien move around a larger area than normal so it's less likely you'll run into it. Makes the game less predictable if you've been through it before and the Alien a bit less annoying in some places.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/unpredictable-alien-mod

No Enemies - Sevastopol is a happy place now. You can freely explore. The Alien doesn't come. The people and droids just go about their business. ;)
https://www.moddb.com/games/alien-isolation/downloads/friendly-alien-and-working-joes

I've beaten the game more than a few times. There are a couple of mods you might like to try.

Unpredictable Alien - this lets the Alien move around a larger area than normal so it's less likely you'll run into it. Makes the game less predictable if you've been through it before and the Alien a bit less annoying in some places.

No Enemies - Sevastopol is a happy place now. You can freely explore. The Alien doesn't come. The people and droids just go about their business. ;)
https://www.moddb.com/games/alien-isolation/downloads/friendly-alien-and-working-joes
downloaded them, and like Alias Isolation, which I could understand to a certain point 'cos it messes with the .exe -not a big deal, though-, I couldn't use those files, even if they are just xml files for the most part. :/ Gotta use it with the Steam version, but this alien is relentless and a more realistic approach would be welcome. I am in the 4th stage -gamepass version, and evading the alien is not an easy task, once he appears... There are parts where you think it is impossible. So many close calls in the first game when I finished it.

There was one save in the medical center where I literally saved when he was coming down the ventilation system, and evading him was the most nightmarish experience I remember in a game, so many retries. I'd like to play a bit more calmly from time to time. A great game anyways though.

Last edited:
Once more, I am in the 5th stage, the dreaded -for me at least- medical facility. I gotta pause there and play another day, because this particular level was so tough to complete back in the day.

/QUOTE]
I've reinstalled the steam version so I can use Alias Isolation and Unpredictable Alien. I like the challenge but would like to play the 5th stage, to say one, in a different manner. And the unpredictable alien mod sounds about perfect for that

currently using Alias Isolation and Unpredictable Alien mods and I am having a blast! The image with Alias Isolation is sooo different, it looks like a different game. For the first time ever I notice that your key card -to save an so on- is transparent! I complted the game on a laptop screen back in the day, and now at 1440p and a 32" screen, the differences become more noticeable.

Unpredictable Alien gives the game another dimension. The alien moves in wider areas, making it less predictable - and also less overwhelming to the player, although it depends on where it appears. he once appeared right in front of me, coming off the roof, and I couldn't even say this mouth is mine before I was drop dead on the floor. :mrgreen:

In the original without mod that doesn't happen, but it's also a much more scripted AI to be almost always pretty close to you, as if he smelled you.

btw, the american girl which is the voice actress of this game (does she have an accent? Couldn't discern), is truly spectacular. I love her voice and her tone. I am playing the game in castillian spanish now, and while the dub actress does an okay job, can't even compare to the original in english.

In games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, for instance, Claire's original dubbing is fine and the girl does a good job, but the spanish voice actress does even a better job imho. Not an easy task. In my experience most original dubbing is better.

btw, the american girl which is the voice actress of this game (does she have an accent? Couldn't discern), is truly spectacular. I love her voice and her tone. I am playing the game in castillian spanish now, and while the dub actress does an okay job, can't even compare to the original in english.

In games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, for instance, Claire's original dubbing is fine and the girl does a good job, but the spanish voice actress does even a better job imho. Not an easy task. In my experience most original dubbing is better.
That's Andrea Deck. She's from Michigan apparently so she probably sounds like me. Nothing exciting hehe. Look up the mobile game "Alien Blackout" where she returns as Amanda in an intense little strategy game. And I also discovered recently (like a month ago) that she did a role in one of the Alien universe Audible audio dramas (Alien Out of the Shadows) but not as Amanda. Ironically her character interacts with Ellen Ripley but she can't be Amanda Ripley and connect with mom at last. Oh well lol.

I played some of Horizon Zero Dawn in Spanish. Well, technically I had it on "Español Latinoamericano". :D I didn't really enjoy the English voice acting in that game.

Last edited:
That's Andrea Deck. She's from Michigan apparently so she probably sounds like me. Nothing exciting hehe. Look up the mobile game "Alien Blackout" where she returns as Amanda in an intense little strategy game. And I also discovered recently (like a month ago) that she did a role in one of the Alien universe Audible audio dramas (Alien Out of the Shadows) but not as Amanda. Ironically her character interacts with Ellen Ripley but she can't be Amanda Ripley and connect with mom at last. Oh well lol.

I played some of Horizon Zero Dawn in Spanish. Well, technically I had it on "Español Latinoamericano". :D I didn't really enjoy the English voice acting in that game.
now I can put a face with the voice! Nice to know. She sounds so good for this game, imho. Are you from Michigan then? Sometimes I can't discern english accents. For instance, in Resident Evil 7, which I played in English, they say Zoe has a Lousiana accent, yet I couldn't discern the little details.

Regarding you playing Horizon Zero Down in latinoamerica spanish, that certainly brought me a smile. Some dubbings from there sound good to me, a little more softer and sweet, 'cos they use the s instead of the th. But some people in Spain complain, for instance with Halo 2 dubbing.

If you have Resident Evil 2 Remake and you want to experiment -its a superb game, imho-, the dubbing in castillian spanish is very good! It's the same quality if not better than the original in English, when it comes to Claire. Ana de Castro, her voice actress sound almost perfect.

When she swears: "Joder!!!" -which is like saying damn or f***-, it sounds as if it comes from her soul, so believable. She has a nice voice too.

The voice actor of Leon is the same voice who dubs Mulder in the X-Files. Not bad, but Claire is the best.

now I can put a face with the voice! Nice to know. She sounds so good for this game, imho. Are you from Michigan then? Sometimes I can't discern english accents. For instance, in Resident Evil 7, which I played in English, they say Zoe has a Lousiana accent, yet I couldn't discern the little details.

Regarding you playing Horizon Zero Down in latinoamerica spanish, that certainly brought me a smile. Some dubbings from there sound good to me, a little more softer and sweet, 'cos they use the s instead of the th. But some people in Spain complain, for instance with Halo 2 dubbing.

If you have Resident Evil 2 Remake and you want to experiment -its a superb game, imho-, the dubbing in castillian spanish is very good! It's the same quality if not better than the original in English, when it comes to Claire. Ana de Castro, her voice actress sound almost perfect.

When she swears: "Joder!!!" -which is like saying damn or f***-, it sounds as if it comes from her soul, so believable. She has a nice voice too.

The voice actor of Leon is the same voice who dubs Mulder in the X-Files. Not bad, but Claire is the best.
I'm next door in Wisconsin. In school they told me the midwest's dialect is mostly "standard english". Which I think is this General American English. That's what you're hearing from Alien Isolation Amanda. In major cities here it's what you usually hear, but rural areas vary greatly. Zoe and her family in RE7 use a different dialect while Mia and Ethan use GAE. Zoe's accent seems to come and go though. I looked up interviews for most of the actors and they were imitating that accent for the game.

I do have RE2 Remake. I haven't played it in months but if I return to it sometime I will switch the language up. :)

Last edited:
I'm next door in Wisconsin. In school they told me the midwest's dialect is mostly "standard english". Which I think is this General American English. That's what you're hearing from Alien Isolation Amanda. In major cities here it's what you usually hear, but rural areas vary greatly. Zoe and her family in RE7 use a different dialect while Mia and Ethan use GAE. Zoe's accent seems to come and go though. I looked up interviews for most of the actors and they were imitating that accent for the game.

I do have RE2 Remake. I haven't played it in months but if I return to it sometime I will switch the language up. :)
that explains why her accent sounds "flat" to me, very helpful imho. And very nice. Dr. Kuhlman and Ripley's coworker, sound 100% british accent to me. My favourite british accent is irish. It sounds very natural, sometimes a bit harder to understand than average, but fun. Stephen Fry accent is so good, really love it, but when people try to imitate him..., I dunno, something sounds off to me, like too clean, a bit unnatural. Maybe that's just me.

Another dubbing voice I've fallen for is the girl's voice -english- in Turok 2 intro. It's soooooo sensual.

hehehehe, hehehe I like the game so much, next language I gotta try is Japanese in RE2R.

p.s. 2nd walkthrough of Alien Isolation is becoming less oppressive. Now I play better, and remember the most critical points. The alien mod doesn't make the biggest difference 'cos I am alternating between the original -gamepass PC- and the modded version -Steam- and the original is palatable if you remain quiet. The game is at its best when everything is quite, the lighting does the rest.

In this 2nd walkthrough, sometimes I use the alien to my advantage. It's so satisfying against hostile humans.

Another dubbing voice I've fallen for is the girl's voice -english- in Turok 2 intro. It's soooooo sensual.

If only Turok 2 didn't have like the most irritating level design in history with the added horror of in-mission saves being very difficult to find. :)

Turok 3 is much more enjoyable. Adon returns for part 3 but not sure if it's the same voice.

(I got out the N64 out for the current stay at home nightmare).

Last edited:
If only Turok 2 didn't have like the most irritating level design in history with the added horror of in-mission saves being very difficult to find. :)

Turok 3 is much more enjoyable. Adon returns for part 3 but not sure if it's the same voice.

(I got out the N64 out for the current stay at home nightmare).
barely played Turok 2 -nor Turok 3-, but that voice sticked with me ever since. I tried to play the game via PC emulation many many years ago, but never had an N64 and also didnt like the game.

Back on AI, how tense this game is, and what an atmosphere. With raytracing and HDR this game would be godly.. It was Game of the Year on PC in 2014 and it's obvious why.

I lowered the resolution to 1080p to play it to 165fps. It's very easy to run and it's beautiful.

In the gamepass PC version I got to the part where you can play a bit more freely...]
when you believe it's all said and done with the alien after you escape from Waits trap

Finally, I completed the game a second time, on normal --vanilla alien. When I completed it the first time about 2 years go, I did so on easy.

On normal though -I can't even imagine how difficult it can be on hard-, the last three stages are hell on earth, they left me totally exhausted. :cry:

I completed the game with a tiny portion of life and no curative stuff whatsoever. Flamethrower ammo was super low too. Basically, I had no chance to defend.

This is an screenshot I took just before completing the game.

hrVBe0P.png

Last edited:
Back