What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like uplay will be giving away Assassin's Creed 2 from tuesday, since i will get it and I have quite a few of the ac games does someone who's played them fancy rating them
best to worst thanks...

Currently playing though Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle with my son. It has puzzles and battles, which are turn-based (X-COM hybrid with team selection, weapon selection and skill trees). Bought it on the current Nintendo Spring Sale for only ~$11. I also bought Breath of the Wild with the DLC on the same sale (for Switch this time, retired the Wii U) as well as GRIS.

I'm close to 10h or so in Days Gone and enjoying it quite a bit. Visuals are very good, locations and assets seem dense, detailed and "life like". HDR looking really nice on this one. Gun play and melee combat are very good, the bike feels a bit wonky. Took some while to start the game as I had to update the game from the disc version. It had multiple very large update files, well at least the game is running really well and smooth now.

It looks like uplay will be giving away Assassin's Creed 2 from tuesday, since i will get it and I have quite a few of the ac games does someone who's played them fancy rating them
best to worst thanks...

That's tough because gameplay moves on. What was considered revolutionary at the time of 2 feels primitive by today's standards. I learned this when I recently went back to play AC2 and just couldn't get into it.

That said in terms of story, the AC2 trilogy is probably the best. Here's my stab at the sequence overall but there's definite room for movement here. Oh and I've not played Odyssey (the latest one) yet.

Best to worst:

Black Flag
Origins
Rogue
Syndicate
AC2/Revelations/Brotherhood
Unity
AC1
AC3

Finished Gears 5 (thx you free on steam), and I just started Dragon Quest XI. I've it for months now, but I didn't have time. I like it so far, old school jrpg vibe. But Funny how it's using more power (on my Vega) than Gears 5 lol, even with limiting the fps at 85 (i do the same thing with all my games).

The question is, when the action kicks up, are you going to notice if it is or isn't 1080p versus when there is no action and you can take your time and just stare at the image? Also, in motion temporal resolution will kick in and the image will appear higher resolution than what each individual frame is.

Regards,
SB
It's noticeable if the res drops low enough. Also I have the in game analytics turned on which tells me if the resolution is dropping.

Definitely for MGSV. Though, it's totally worth it playing the other ones too (if not first) if you have never done so before. They are one of the best games ever.

O: Just found out they have MGS 2 & 3 through the HD collection for $20! And it's backwards compatible! Sweet! Looks like I know what I'll be playing for the next week or so.

It's essential that you play the MGS3 paccinco machine game to fully understand the plotline.

Had to Google this. LOL!

Ah, thanks for the info. Good to know. I'll just play through 2 & 3 anyway since I got nothing better to do right now with this lockdown and all. Didn't know MGS4 is still exclusive to PS3. Pretty lame.

O: Just found out they have MGS 2 & 3 through the HD collection for $20! And it's backwards compatible! Sweet! Looks like I know what I'll be playing for the next week or so.

Well worth it if you have the time anyway. Do mgs1 too, thought it was the best of them all. Pretty time consuming if you play them all and watch every cutscene or video, but in mgs you have to.

For mgs4 you need a ps3, maybe its on psnow too, look for it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back