Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...FDUO8kV8OrFbBem2J-H_fw0Yhj8s-oYC2ou2AQdAVwe-k

View attachment 3756

And thats from a country with the second oldest population that didnt take proper tracing measures and over populated its health care system due to panic.

Isn't that precisely a major reason for the high fatality rate of the oldest and weakest (which all have other illnesses)? They even intentionally targeted the life support for those with better odds. So that should inflate the death numbers of high risk patients.

Nise Yamaguchi is a brazilian Doctor and Immunologist working for the Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

https://www.einstein.br/Pages/Home.aspx

She is starting using Hidroxicloroquine in a large scale tests with government support.

Use subtitles

There are some verbal reports of Doctors about success using Hidroxicloroquine with Azitromicine in the EARLY stages of the symptoms.

Only time will tell.

Take care

Last edited:
To reduce the death toll in the light of knowing that's at least a plus, whereas letting people die on the possibility it might be better in the long run is impossible to prove and certain to garner hostile public sentiment. That doesn't necessarily make it the right choice though. We'll see in a couple of years. We'll see what happen in three months when everyone's out of lockdown, does it start spreading again? And we'll see the economic fallout beyond that, in a few years. We'll see how well the economy recovers, and whether there are lasting problems or not.

Do you agree it's a numbers game or not? Do you agree that at the end of the day, there is a line drawn for acceptable losses?

Even economists on the right side of the political spectrum generally calculate that just letting the virus go is going to be far more expensive.

This is not in the least because whereas now mostly healthy people can survive the tough treatment of lung failure, most of those would have just died without that treatment anyway. And these are not just elderly and sick. And even those that do get treatment have gone through such a horror that many are traumatized and/or have short or long term lung damage and a badly functioning brain from all the anaesthetics etc.

This is why I firmly believe that most will be calculating that the cost of just letting this thing go, the social chaos that will cause, the healthy people falling victim, medicine shortage, lots of chaos because too many ill at the same time etc is a higher cost and just letting things go is only perhaps an option in the countries that have no choice.

Even economists on the right side of the political spectrum generally calculate that just letting the virus go is going to be far more expensive...
I don't disagree. I'm not even arguing what's the correct decision. My point is one of how people approach an argument, especially an important one. If they aren't even willing to consider all the options, instead sticking to only arguments that fit their beliefs/preferences, than very decisions can be made. In this case, "we must save lives," isn't the only option to be considered. We must minimise the impacts of Covid19 across their many manifestations. To do that, we need to understand what are all the implications, and then consider how how to attempt to qualify or quantify and then prioritise them.

As for current predictions, that's based on current knowledge, like the earlier choices whether to lock-down early or let the virus spread. Any claims of the correct course of action based on what's happening now are still premature and making assumptions about how the humans will coexist with the virus over the coming years.

72 hours?! Fingers crossed for you all, mate.
Thanks, appreciated and I sort of figured that'd be the sentiment from everyone. Not scared, definitely concerned; but whatever happens we'll get through or deal with it.

If she comes back negative, she might go on a medical leave for 3 weeks due to her taking Humera. It's an arthritis treatment, but it weakens your immune system. Her doctor has been pushing her for weeks to take one, but she's turned it down because it seemed like too much of a cop-out to her. After she got back from testing yesterday she found out that the CDC plans to make it legal for pharmacists to give COVID tests in store, and suddenly she's thinking that maybe her doctor is right and the risk just isn't worth it.

I'll keep y'all posted. Didn't know if this was the right thread since it was general info/discussion, but figured it fit the topic perfectly and it's a real world example of how this is playing out in the US.

Thanks and love, don't worry. This is me we're talking about, my weird luck hasn't failed me or my family yet. We'll get by. :love:

Fingers crossed, and even if she comes back positive it's not a death sentence by any means
Nope, we're figuring if it comes back positive and we're all infected we still stand a 90% chance of riding it out without even going to the hospital.

Yes, we're trying to avoid going to the hospital if at all possible.

So Ohio is barely doing much testing as there's incredible shortages of tests available and receiving no significant help from the federal government because they're not a Southern state. Ohio has also started to use the CDC Expanded Case Definition (Probable) and CDC Expanded Death Definition (Probable) so the numbers were adjusted today -- I don't know if they will be updated each day or it's a one time adjustment.

Ohio's numbers today, confirmed: 5878 (up from 5512 ), Hospitalized: 1755 (up from 1612 ), and 231 Deaths (up from 213 ).
Confirmed Cuyahoga County: 1052 (Up from 1014 ).

Percentage increase: 6.64%, 8.87%, 8.45%
Raw increase: 366 (42 CDC Expanded), 143, 18 (4 CDC Expanded)

Thanks, appreciated and I sort of figured that'd be the sentiment from everyone. Not scared, definitely concerned; but whatever happens we'll get through or deal with it.

If she comes back negative, she might go on a medical leave for 3 weeks due to her taking Humera. It's an arthritis treatment, but it weakens your immune system. Her doctor has been pushing her for weeks to take one, but she's turned it down because it seemed like too much of a cop-out to her. After she got back from testing yesterday she found out that the CDC plans to make it legal for pharmacists to give COVID tests in store, and suddenly she's thinking that maybe her doctor is right and the risk just isn't worth it.

I'll keep y'all posted. Didn't know if this was the right thread since it was general info/discussion, but figured it fit the topic perfectly and it's a real world example of how this is playing out in the US.

Thanks and love, don't worry. This is me we're talking about, my weird luck hasn't failed me or my family yet. We'll get by. :love:
hope things go well for you. All the best, @digitalwanderer

The second sentence in my note to moderators, the one that you've chosen to omit in your reply, was "I'm replying in this thread because Cyan's posts are also in this thread", which drawed attention to the contents of such posts and to the fact that they hadn't been deleted until then, and yet you did nothing until now.
So, why didn't you delete his posts right after he had posted them (like you do to my posts), or after my first reply to them?

The second sentence in my note to moderators, the one that you've chosen to omit in your reply, was "I'm replying in this thread because Cyan's posts are also in this thread", which drawed attention to the contents of such posts and to the fact that they hadn't been deleted until then, and yet you did nothing until now.
So, why didn't you delete his posts right after he had posted them (like you do to my posts), or after my first reply to them?
How about you contact them directly or ask in Site Feedback instead of constantly complaining about being moderated here?

@rcf As Malo indicated, do not bitch inside the thread. It entirely off topic.

You know where the RPSC topic is at. If you want to discuss those aspects, do so there.

Continuing to ignore the rules of discussion will result in additional steps above and beyond posts being moderated. You wont like my next response action, but everyone else will.

Back