Final Fantasy VII Remake

Like i said this is gonna be divisive depending on what you want out of this project. The twist of this remake is huge and not everyone is gonna like it.

Its going to dominate the conversation going into the future parts of the project
Very curious now. Cant wait to get my hands on it

I am a little bit worried.....reviews talk about the changes of the story a lot that for some have left a bitter taste....:(

I've a lot of games to finish on ps4, so I guess I'll wait for a part1+part2+partxx on ps5...

and with how PS5 SSD will allow games to have no need to duplicate data and PS5 higher capacity bluray (it have 4K BD reader right?), FF VII Mega Complete GOTY Edition on PS5 could be in 1 disc.

I am a little bit worried.....reviews talk about the changes of the story a lot that for some have left a bitter taste....:(

yeah, got that disappointment with FFXV and Destiny 1 story changes. But i think that was because it was not properly woven into the final game.... I hope the changes in FF7R is properly woven. At least from the demo, they really did properly woven story changes.

This isnt a resident evil 3 situation. There is no cut content from the original midgar portion in remake part 1.

So if your worried about the issue being changed content, its not a matter of things being being skipped or replaced in favor of inferior original content.

The issue(if you want to call it one) is a more fundamental question of what you want this project to be as a whole, and you wont understand what i mean by that until you beat the whole game.

As @orangpelupa alluded to, the twist is woven into the narrative throughout the game so it doesnt come out of nowhere either when you eventually put the pieces together.

Its just a question of whether you wanted the original story verbatim or whether you wanted to see what they could come up with to seperate this from the original.

To be honest how this first game is structured, they could have told the original story with minimal changes, but i respect that nojima and kitase and nomura wanting something more ambitious and daring of this project so i have nothing to say until its all said and done except i want to play the next game already.

"The reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear, but let us embrace whatever it brings"

Last edited:
This isnt a resident evil 3 situation. There is no cut content from the original midgar portion in remake part 1.

So if your worried about the issue being changed content, its not a matter of things being being skipped or replaced in favor of inferior original content.

The issue(if you want to call it one) is a more fundamental question of what you want this project to be as a whole, and you wont understand what i mean by that until you beat the whole game.

As @orangpelupa alluded to, the twist is woven into the narrative throughout the game so it doesnt come out of nowhere either when you eventually put the pieces together.

Its just a question of whether you wanted the original story verbatim or whether you wanted to see what they could come up with to seperate this from the original.

To be honest how this first game is structured, they could have told the original story with minimal changes, but i respect that nojima and kitase and nomura wanting something more ambitious and daring of this project so i have nothing to say until its all said and done except i want to play the next game already.

"The reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear, but let us embrace whatever it brings"

Without spoiling anything, can we enjoy the game even without playing the next part ? Or is it frustrating ?

Without spoiling anything, can we enjoy the game even without playing the next part ? Or is it frustrating ?

It depends what you mean. This game ends definitively unlike the end of the end of midgar in the og where you just continue into the world map.

But there is clear narrative set up for the plots raised to come after this. Including a secret ending which is bound to have peoples heads exploding and or questioning their existence both old fans and new. Infact old fans will be just as confused as new ones. The final trailer gives a hint about the huge thing everyone is alluding to.

Ff7r isnt just a celebration of ff7 ps1 but ff7 as a whole. So pretty much everything from 1997 up to now.

It depends what you mean. This game ends definitively unlike the end of the end of midgar in the og where you just continue into the world map.

But there is clear narrative set up for the plots raised to come after this. Including a secret ending which is bound to have peoples heads exploding and or questioning their existence both old fans and new. Infact old fans will be just as confused as new ones. The final trailer gives a hint about the huge thing everyone is alluding to.

Ff7r isnt just a celebration of ff7 ps1 but ff7 as a whole. So pretty much everything from 1997 up to now.
I suspect it has to do with Sephiroth's appearance with that meteor looking flamey object in the trailer, something to do with Dirge of Cerberus and even Advent Children???

I suspect it has to do with Sephiroth's appearance with that meteor looking flamey object in the trailer, something to do with Dirge of Cerberus and even Advent Children???

Not so much dirge lol. But this game does not shy away from aknowoledging the legacy of ff7 and all the plots and characters and such that go with that. Its most optimal to have played crisis core, watch advent children and know the plot of before crisis. On the way to a smile and the kids are alright knowledge will enhance the experience too.

Not so much dirge lol. But this game does not shy away from aknowoledging the legacy of ff7 and all the plots and characters and such that go with that. Its most optimal to have played crisis core, watch advent children and know the plot of before crisis. On the way to a smile and the kids are alright knowledge will enhance the experience too.
I actually kind of like it the way it sounds....I plaid Crisis Core and Watched Advent Children and the Extras....I didnt play Before Crisis and Dirge though
For me it is ok to tie them together. But how reviews seem to be a bit unsure about how the plot evolved through the course of the game still worries me.

The plot itself is the same. But there are additions to this remake universe which will take some people off guard. And thats what some ppl are split on. Its also true there will be people who think the twist is the best thing ever. I think its super cool myself despite going in with a certain set of expectations.

Are you sure, do you have a source for that? I thought they did something different here as in the closest quadrant of that sky dome to the player's view is rendered in 3d while the further up ones could either be low LOD or a mixture of 2d and 3d? They looked more 3d than 2d that's for sure.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain. Nothing official from the devs as I doubt they'll just go out and tell us, but just compare the huge structures in the backdrops to the actual in-game structures, as well as how it looks in motion when you walk towards it. It's like in Gran Turismo 4 with its 2D backdrops made of real life images. The structures in the 2D backdrops made from their pre-rendered CG is leagues better in geometry density, lighting, shaders etc. compared to the actual in-game steel structures which suffers from common current-gen rasterization draw-backs, plus their geometry make-up is much less impressive. It's still a great looking game though, we never actually go to those backdrop structures so it would make sense they wouldn't waste production budget/time on creating a much less appealing in-game version.

ffviirch3622uj9z.jpg

Someone broke out of bounds in the demo and it shows the Shinra building in the distance is also just a 2D image.

ffviiremake2dimageshixdjcl.jpg

How devs make illusion of scale in games is always so interesting to me. The og ff7 did similar things mixing prerendered cg in the same frame as the real time graphics to increase the scope. It popularized the prerendered backdrop in jrpg circles

How devs make illusion of scale in games is always so interesting to me. The og ff7 did similar things mixing prerendered cg in the same frame as the real time graphics to increase the scope. It popularized the prerendered backdrop in jrpg circles

Ff8 even crazier. It mixed a video with real time gameplay. It's the scene where squall were chased by spiderbot

Back