Final Fantasy VII Remake

This game is crazy good looking at times. It just shat on Advent Children in character modelling.
2b0226fb6e613716e7541d72c07b6dad.jpg

wa9s0Jr.png

This game is crazy good looking at times. It just shat on Advent Children in character modelling.
2b0226fb6e613716e7541d72c07b6dad.jpg

wa9s0Jr.png
Yes I watched the movie and immediately tried the demo and I was astonished by how bad Advent Children looked in comparison in many aspects. Lighting and characters are in many ways far superior both artistically and technically in the game.

If you watched the short documentary about remake they mentionned that they were surprised how well the game looked compared to Advent Children because of technology evolution.

obviously much lower polycount on characters and cloth animation, but you'll notice that only in very closeup, overall look with better lighting and materials make it look better than the movie.

If you watched the short documentary about remake they mentionned that they were surprised how well the game looked compared to Advent Children because of technology evolution.
what documentary? there is a documentary??

Just 100%ed the game.

The game itself is great. There are just two potential problems.

One relates to texture streaming issues reminescent of early ue3 titles in certain areas. But hopefully the day one patch can fix those issues of some assets not loading in properly.

The other potential pitfall is more fundamental..and only one depending on what you want and are expecting this entire ff7r project to be.....it could make this project way more interesting for you or doom it as the worst thing ever. The thing is gonna be divisive.

Personally im happy. This is what i wanted. For SE to be ambitious although i would have taken the road more traveled just as well.

If your someone who loved what Netherrealm did with MK9 youll love this. If you are expecting the same exact game as ff7....well...

Just 100%ed the game.

The game itself is great. There are just two potential problems.

One relates to texture streaming issues reminescent of early ue3 titles in certain areas. But hopefully the day one patch can fix those issues of some assets not loading in properly.

The other potential pitfall is more fundamental..and only one depending on what you want and are expecting this entire ff7r project to be.....it could make this project way more interesting for you or doom it as the worst thing ever. The thing is gonna be divisive.

Personally im happy. This is what i wanted. For SE to be ambitious although i would have taken the road more traveled just as well.

If your someone who loved what Netherrealm did with MK9 youll love this. If you are expecting the same exact game as ff7....well...

How's the filler? Many stupid errands?

43 hours although i was going a bit slow.

I think most people will do their first run in 35 to 40 hours.
But 100% with all trophies, side quests (if any) and such?
How much would you personally give it out of 10?

35 hours sound somewhat good for the first episode. I d say its around as much as God of War 4 which was nice

How's the filler? Many stupid errands?

There is some filler in a few chapters yeah and there are a number of quests with mundane busy work. But for my own self the character interactions and banter and such make it way more fun and tolerable than if it were with a cast of characters i hated like ff15 or 13. And SE really nailed all the characters here.

The localization in particular did a stand up job and makes the script really feel human and natural even if some might not like the reliance on casual cursing. I think its hilarious.

Having cloud and tifa walk around trying to find cats and have cloud just deadpan proclaim "this is shit" to the whole situation had me dying for 5 straight minuites

But 100% with all trophies, side quests (if any) and such?
How much would you personally give it out of 10?

35 hours sound somewhat good for the first episode. I d say its around as much as God of War 4 which was nice

Personally id give it in between an 8 and a 9. Its a great game although depending on who you are there will be problems with certain things regarding certain...curveballs in the story. For me its way more interesting.

I think they can really take constructive critisism into account for this first part when going into the next ones.

I wonder how official reviewers will take it. I really wish the potential day 1 patch to fix the textures of certain areas and objects was factored into the reviews. It would be a shame for surface level technical bugs to get in the way of a good evaluation especially when in general the games visuals are on another level.

I hope SE abuse the shit out of PS5's SSD in Episode 2, imagine the sheer amount of high res assets it can load on the fly, it would probably look like that Midgard CGI intro in this game.

How did they stretch midgar to 40 hours!?

More added story and character development, plus longer dungeons and side quests. I'm at 8 hours now and already sad it's just part one. When all is finished it looks like this will be masterpiece. One of the best games I've ever played on PS4 hands down.

Back