DCH" (Declarative, Componentized, Hardware Support Apps)

Davros

Legend
Nidia gives you the choice of 2 drivers
normal and DCH
E7lLJL3.jpg

Nvidia has this to say
kG4AAtU.jpg

That means nothing to me can some one explain in simple english what they are
tnx...

Nidia gives you the choice of 2 drivers
normal and DCH
E7lLJL3.jpg

Nvidia has this to say
kG4AAtU.jpg

That means nothing to me can some one explain in simple english what they are
tnx...
Drivers via appstore probably using the new executable version only supported by Windows 10.
It's Microsoft's way of opening a portal in the wall and saying "isn't it nice inside? It's a garden and everything" and if you go through, the portcullis SLAM down behind you and you are trapped.

Davros, let's continue your installation issues in this thread.
I uninstalled my drivers with DDU and rebooted and installed 445.75 with no internet and got this
J0Unbgw.jpg

Installed the control panel from the app store now everytime I launch it I get the eula screen
NVaTV2I.jpg

posted my surround problem on widescreen gaming redit page following the advice I got
"First thing to do is to try wiping the install with DDU in Safe Mode, reboot, clean install of the latest standard (not DCH) package"
There are many guides (with screenshots) on standard Nvidia driver installation on Windows 10.
All seem follow what you did... start with DDU and no internet connection. I would look at more guides (that focus on installing NV control panel in Win 10 using Std drivers) and try again with (one monitor installed).

Try using the install process below to get drivers and control panel.
Feb 22, 2020

Last edited:
Is your problem installing the drivers? the eula screen?

I can't help with the nv surround issue since I cannot duplicate the issue.

Last edited:
The eula screen it comes up everytime i open the control panel it only started after i used ddu
DDU does create a Windows Restore point if you want to revert back to before you uninstalled the drivers using DDU.
If you restore and want to use DDU again, check out the DDU Options as you can change some default removal settings.

I've never gotten the eula screen but hopefully someone in the forum has encountered the same.

Edit: You could also try to remove just the Nvidia control panel since that was install separately using MS App Store. If that works look for other methods to install "missing Nvidia Control panel".

Last edited:
removed it several times, dont want to restore as ive just installed hundreds of games do not want to go through that again
as i mentioned my control panel is not missing
edit: I fixed the bastard
ran ultrasearch (my search tool of choice) looked for nvcplui found it it in :
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel_8.1.956.0_x64__56jybvy8sckqj
copied it to C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation and ran it, the license window came up but with no text in it clicked continue and then ran the normal control panel and no license screen. finally nvidia knows ive agreed to the license although technically I havn't cos there was no text ;)

Am I a genius or what ;)

Last edited:
Back