Ori And The Will Of The Wisps @ 2020-03-11 [XO, PC, XGP]

On the last game I had to change the difficulty on the Ginso Tree level to easy in order to get past it. I have no regrets. Hopefully this new game is not any harder than that.

Tommy McClain

On the last game I had to change the difficulty on the Ginso Tree level to easy in order to get past it. I have no regrets. Hopefully this new game is not any harder than that.

Tommy McClain

Well, I'm finally getting close to finishing the game and there's one escape sequence that I think might be harder than the Ginso Tree. Hopefully you won't have as much of a problem with it as I did.

Regards,
SB

OK, finished it with 100%. Thankfully the speed trials aren't required to 100% all the maps.

Aaaaand. God damn them for that ending. It's a good ending but damn man...

Welp, no more Ori games featuring Ori. /sad. But they left open a possibility for a game in the series featuring one of Ori's offspring.

Also, while the first game had a redemption ending for the "villain" this one doesn't. But it is a sad end for the "villain" and made me feel for the poor creature.

Now that I've finished. The movement in this game is sublime and so fluid and responsive. It's going to be difficult to play another platformer right after this, so I'm not going to play another platformer for a while.

Boss fights become significantly easier if you work at getting as close to 100% on each map as you can given the movement abilities you have unlocked to that point. So, if you don't want the game to become too easy, don't be a completionist until closer to the end. Alternatively if a boss is proving difficult, go hunting for collectables and spirit light.

Regards,
SB

OK, finished it with 100%. Thankfully the speed trials aren't required to 100% all the maps.

Aaaaand. God damn them for that ending. It's a good ending but damn man...

Now that I've finished. The movement in this game is sublime and so fluid and responsive. It's going to be difficult to play another platformer right after this, so I'm not going to play another platformer for a while.

Boss fights become significantly easier if you work at getting as close to 100% on each map as you can given the movement abilities you have unlocked to that point. So, if you don't want the game to become too easy, don't be a completionist until closer to the end. Alternatively if a boss is proving difficult, go hunting for collectables and spirit light.

Regards,
SB
havent read the spoiler for obvious reasons -I am waiting for the PC patch where they add HDR to the game, so I am not playing the game- but does Ori animation run at 60fps? In the previous game, the entire game ran at 60fps except Ori which was animated at 30fps

New HDR update. Thanks Adam!
this is what I was waiting for to start playing the game. Great update, without HDR and knowing they were going to implement it at some point, I was waiting for this update. Cool

aaaaand this is the result of the new patch. A still picture dont make it justice nor show how sublime it is, but still..

As I mentioned before, photos don't make it justice in my mediocre phone, but in person the difference is impressive. Like day and night! The brightness, the colour, the contrast!! The difference in person is... out of this world.

HDR OFF
2bb200b.jpg

HDR ON
e16fMBU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back