Keyboard stuff.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I just got some texturized rubber keycaps to help me keep my fingers positioned on my keyboard without looking, I'm losing a lot of fingertip sensitivity and it's messing with my typing and annoying me! I was debating on getting a new keyboard with a fixed wrist rest so I'd be better able to work my hands by telemetry, but I didn't want to shell out the monies for it and I REALLY like my keyboard!

upload_2020-3-3_13-20-31.png

They've helped a LOT, but I'm still thinking a solid wrist rest in combination would work best...so I was looking.

Found this one over at MicroCenter, an Inland MK-F RGB Mechanical with KT red switches for $44 and I can order it online so no driving to Chicago! (I stopped going to the dispensaries in Chicago. Michigan has cartridges that are twice the size, half the price, and have a 15 per person limit instead of 1. Life = good! :D )

Only problem is I can find zero reviews of this keyboard except the 3 at MicroCenter's site. Am I doing something wrong or is this a weird, unknown keyboard? (Which makes it all the more tempting! :p )

If anyone knows anything or just wants to make fun of me feel free. My typing problems have been one of the reasons I haven't been hanging so much. Don't get me wrong, my health is very good! No dying this year, just having trouble with my fingertip sensitivity due to dehydration, undernourishment, abusing the hell out of them in construction work, and having a german shepard chomping on them regularly for fun has taken it's toll. They'll get better in the summer when I get back to eating/drinking/exercising regularly, in the winter I fall to shit. LOL

Idea! I'm gonna go build my daughter a desktop real quick out of some spare parts and then have an excuse to get a new keyboard and mouse! :D

JEEENIUS!

That was actually quite fun and relaxing! Got a 8350 w/16GB and a 4GB GTX 680, a 256GB SSD, 2 750GB WD Black HDDs, and a new 2TB Seagate I just picked up.

Tore the guts out, cleaned it, put three nice new 120mm fans in, can't WAIT to try and turn it on! (Too lazy to dig up monitor/keyboard/mouse tonight)

Up until about easter of 2019 i ran a gtx670 and it was ok for 1680x1050 ran things like the witcher 3 and crysis 3 ok watchdogs 2 wasnt good nor x4 foundation (it needs 4gb vram) but most everything else was ok

Omg I misread your post as "I lost most of my fingertip"

Then I re read... So glad I re read....
I did that about a year or so ago cutting chicken. They put it back on, but I got no feeling in the last joint of my pointer finger on my right hand. Made finding the keys harder for a bit, but I got used to finding them through telemetry. One of the reasons I think I need a more anchored/based keyboard with a built in wristrest so my hand positions are more consistent.

Up until about easter of 2019 i ran a gtx670 and it was ok for 1680x1050 ran things like the witcher 3 and crysis 3 ok watchdogs 2 wasnt good nor x4 foundation (it needs 4gb vram) but most everything else was ok
This is going to be Maddy's, (my daughter), desktop to compliment her monster laptop. I just wanted something solid, cheap, decent speed for cruising the web/reading/referencing school books and for excess storage from her laptop/phone. Figure it's more than adequate for that.

UPDATE: The stupid cheapy keyboard is awesome for me. Lower profile keys, less travel distance, silent, and the wrist rest lets me better keep my hand position. Success! (Also I made it the same color as my old one, I liked the teal)

My son's G700's left mouse button is getting bad with double-clicking, which is why I gave it to him and got a G700s. So I picked up a G502 Hero and gave him my G700s. (He got to pick)

I like the G502, good successor to the G700. The buttons for DPI are softer to press for my index finger so it's more comfortable. :love:

Next up, time to rebuild Bubbles! :D

Back