Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

Also A blood type people seems to have bigger risk vs 0 type (this from a chinese study).... B or AB type not in the study as not diffused in China.
Link?
Overweight seems to be a very important risk factor it’s turning out. In the Netherlands where obesity is less of a problem than average in the West, 80% of ICU cases seem to be overweight.
Link?

New report links hospitals gowns to Covid19 mortality. There's a huge correlation between patients dying from Covid19 symptoms and them wearing hospital gowns. We really should make the move to stop gown-wearing in hospitals and save lives.

New report links hospitals gowns to Covid19 mortality. There's a huge correlation between patients dying from Covid19 symptoms and them wearing hospital gowns. We really should make the move to stop gown-wearing in hospitals and save lives.
yep and did you notice except for one dog no other animals have covid, why?
Its the clothes ... man
I propose everyones allowed outside but only if they're butt naked, -> most ppl dont even go out even too buy food = less public spreading o_O
mission accomplished

Fernando Simón, the head of Spain’s centre for health emergencies and the public face of the government’s response, awaited the results of testing after displaying symptoms of Covid-19.
Displaying symptoms of Covid-19? Thats just how he is normally, like someone who started smoking 2 packs a day from the age of 10

I haven't read this report, but started to think about the disinfectant process for hospital staff's protective gear. Depending on the patients symptoms and covid-19's ability to survive on different surfaces should the protective gear, in an ideal situation be changed on a per patient "visited" basis?

Edit: Clarification edit.

Last edited:
I haven't read this report, but started to think about the disinfectant process for hospital staff's protective gear. Depending on the patients symptoms and covid-19's ability to survive on different surfaces should the protective gear, in an ideal situation be changed on a per patient basis?
It's a joke on the fact that correlation != causation. Patients wear gowns in hospitals for other reasons. All patients wear gowns. Therefore all fatalities wear gowns, but that doesn't mean the gowns are the cause. It's very easy to find correlations that may not be at all related in truth. The impact of masks is one - places where they are reducing Covid19 spread and wearing masks are also doing a lot of other things.

Coronavirus: Mercedes F1 to make breathing aid

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52087002
Ouch, they're resorting to CPAPs now? If there hasn't been some new turn of events I haven't sen, they've been mostly deemed unsuitable in general for COVID-19 patients (ie they're not sure if it would make it better or worse or have any effects) and more importantly, they have a chance of breaking all hell loose by getting SARS-CoV-2 into air as aerosols instead of just droplets.
(https://aasm.org/coronavirus-covid-19-faqs-cpap-sleep-apnea-patients/ among other sources)

The news and general public doesn't understand basic mathematical concepts, especially percentages and growth.

I just watched this mornings local press briefing about the virus. One thing mentioned a few times was "We're seeing a rapid increase in confirmed new cases over the weekend". In reality, Sunday was one of the lowest ever daily increase in numbers at a mere 17% increase. Most other days is around 24%-25% with one day hitting 32%. Yes, the raw numbers look large, but only because you're in the range of Thousands instead of Hundreds. Maybe the numbers from Saturday to Sunday were an anomaly at 17%, so it will be telling what the numbers say today at 2 pm EST.

Maybe they used this verbiage to convince the masses that it's genuinely serious?

Ouch, they're resorting to CPAPs now? If there hasn't been some new turn of events I haven't sen, they've been mostly deemed unsuitable in general for COVID-19 patients (ie they're not sure if it would make it better or worse or have any effects) and more importantly, they have a chance of breaking all hell loose by getting SARS-CoV-2 into air as aerosols instead of just droplets.
(https://aasm.org/coronavirus-covid-19-faqs-cpap-sleep-apnea-patients/ among other sources)
At least in the US the FDA issued guidelines allowing CPAP and BiPAP use as long as modifications are in place to prevent aerosolization of the virus. I suspect it there would be a similar guideline from the British MHRA.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ilator-alternatives-but-could-spread-covid-19

The news and general public doesn't understand basic mathematical concepts, especially percentages and growth.

I just watched this mornings local press briefing about the virus. One thing mentioned a few times was "We're seeing a rapid increase in confirmed new cases over the weekend". In reality, Sunday was one of the lowest ever daily increase in numbers at a mere 17% increase. Most other days is around 24%-25% with one day hitting 32%. Yes, the raw numbers look large, but only because you're in the range of Thousands instead of Hundreds. Maybe the numbers from Saturday to Sunday were an anomaly at 17%, so it will be telling what the numbers say today at 2 pm EST.

Maybe they used this verbiage to convince the masses that it's genuinely serious?
you mean when we go from 1 -> 10 cases we have a 1000% increase in cases?
But we go from 1 million to 1.1 million it's only a 10% increase?

yea, I do believe that there is word play in action, very few report things as raw numbers.
We used to spend like 20-30 minutes to explain a concept. We now have sound bites that are less than 10 seconds.

I'm absolutely sure this type of thing works on the general public _all the time_.
This is a continual problem of society now a days, people have completely tuned out of sitting down and listening/learning a topic.

Everyone is too busy doing their thing.

Low vitamin D in the blood seems to be one of the greatest risk factors.... In Italy people few people use supplements... So at the end of winter vutamin D levels are quite low. Then the use of some drugs (blood pressure drugs)....

https://torino.repubblica.it/cronac...per_ridurre_il_rischio_di_contagio-252369086/
Correlation != Causation. Who has low vitamin D levels? People who can't go outside much, i.e. very old people, who are bad walkers, and/or sick people, possibly bedridden. But they are exactly the high risk group for corona. So it is expected that among corona patients there are lots of cases with low serum vitamin D levels. It does not mean that taking vitamin D3 (when people talk about vitamin D, they pretty much always refer to vitamin D3) supplements will protect these people in any way from corona. Sorry!

Also, vitamin D3 is not really a "vitamin" but a pro-hormone. So when taking vitamin D supplements, you are actually taking hormones. It's also pretty toxic. So toxic it is actually used as rat poison. Daily intake should not exceed 4000 IU (international units), less for kids and infants, but sensitive persons can develop hypervitmainosis D symptoms well below that. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, muscle weakness, etc.

A much better idea than taking supplements is to expose your skin to the sun or other UVB radiation (possibly a low dose sunbed). That way you can't overdose and it has additional health benefits compared to taking D3 supplements as exposure to sun or UVB produces (among other things) other compounds from the vitamin D group, that you won't get from supplements.

Why oh why oh why didn't I buy a new graphics card before lockdown. I've been thinking about it for about 2 years.

My current one is about 8 damn years old. :(

Why oh why oh why didn't I buy a new graphics card before lockdown. I've been thinking about it for about 2 years.

My current one is about 8 damn years old. :(
How would the lockdown affect you buying a new graphics card? o_O

How would the lockdown affect you buying a new graphics card? o_O

Because now I'm stuck inside I'm pining for one.

And I don't want to place online orders that will force some poor fuckers to have to work on delivering none essential items to me.

Back