Console optimisation, a gone myth? RE3R runs at 140+fps avg. on the GTX 1650 & 40-50 on a 10 y.o GPU

Isnt that the entire point though? The thread title questions whether or not console optimization is a myth.
Yea I'm not actually sure what is the point of this thread. Obviously games on console can be optimized for the exact hardware that is in the console which can't be done on PC and there are benefits to that. My point is that it doesn't matter that much once even cheap PC hardware becomes overwhelmingly superior which it always does.

My understanding is GPU side optimizations are real, but if you have a videocard from the same architecture family you too can see some of those the same GPU-side optimizations. It also is on a game by game basis and often times particularly with 3rd party devs under a deadline with limited resources sometimes the console optimizations are less than ideal.

Fair enough, but devs and IHVs barely bother to support such old hardware (that wasn't even high end to begin with) these days, and the devs that do tend to not release their games on console (Blizzard, Riot etc.). But if you can find modern games that do support those cards by all means give it a shot. I think you'll find that they still perform about on par with the PS4, especially the HD7850.
Rebrandeon's got you covered until circa 2015. *cough*

R9 370x

Back