What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still setting up my games currently on Games 3 F: The Letter W (wolfenstein, watchdogs2, wing commander ect)
To be honest it's annoying the hell out of me I just built a p.c and I want to enjoy it, but instead I have all this house keeping to do.
You may be thinking, creating a shortcut, rebinding the keyboard, setting the graphics options then testing the game (hoping it detected my backed up savegames) is that annoying.
It is when you have nearly 500 games to go through :(

Still setting up my games currently on Games 3 F: The Letter W (wolfenstein, watchdogs2, wing commander ect)
To be honest it's annoying the hell out of me I just built a p.c and I want to enjoy it, but instead I have all this house keeping to do.
You may be thinking, creating a shortcut, rebinding the keyboard, setting the graphics options then testing the game (hoping it detected my backed up savegames) is that annoying.
It is when you have nearly 500 games to go through :(
Thanks for reminding me why I only have about 6 games on my pc.

Your going to have to do the same thing only your spreading out the work plus you have a download/instal/uninstall to deal with maybe multiple times if you play a game and then decide a year later you want to play it again.

Doom Eternal is impressing me with how smoothly it runs with great visuals. I don't buy in to the argument that the visuals are disappointing, I think they hit where they were aiming at got a great spot with performance and looks!

Runs great on my rig and my sons, both Ry5 1600s one with an R9 2x295 and mine with an 8GB 580. :D

I should be finishing it today, been playing it on/off the last few days and since I'm cheating I have spots where i get lost/confused/break the game so I usually play until then and suddenly notice how late it is and run to bed. LOL

Also I agree with both Davros and AlphaPuppy. I just put my old game hdds in my new builds and cross my fingers that I transferred the saved games/binds/configs right and then create a shortcut to them and tune them as I play/replay them. After I play it the shortcut goes in my "Games" folder on my desktop.

I have a 1TB and 2TB hdd dedicated to games and they're both at about 70-80% full. No clue how many it is, I don't delete 'em until I need room for something new. :)

One thing keeps bugging me as I just started Doom Eternal up to finish it, how in the hell did my son do it in 9 hours on hard without cheating at all?!?!? :oops:

IT'S NOT FAIR!

His mouse is so quick yet steady as a rock when it needs to be and right on target, and he seems to be able to take in the entire battlefield and control his weaponry based on the monster while making it all look so bloody effortless!

I don't game like that much anymore. :(

...Unreal Tournament.

Watching Jericho play this on Twitch reminded me a lot of how fast paced UT was. Only in UT you could dodge an unlimited amount of times versus DE where you have to let it recharge after dodging a few times. Reminds me also that I used to be better than he is, but now I'm much worse. Getting old sucks. :p

They did a great job with DE, but I'll be skipping it since I don't like how overly reliant combat is on glory kills and chainsaw kills. Both things that ruin the flow, IMO. Didn't like those things in Doom 2016 and they are even more required in DE.

Regards,
SB

Watching Jericho play this on Twitch reminded me a lot of how fast paced UT was. Only in UT you could dodge an unlimited amount of times versus DE where you have to let it recharge after dodging a few times. Reminds me also that I used to be better than he is, but now I'm much worse. Getting old sucks. :p

They did a great job with DE, but I'll be skipping it since I don't like how overly reliant combat is on glory kills and chainsaw kills. Both things that ruin the flow, IMO. Didn't like those things in Doom 2016 and they are even more required in DE.

Regards,
SB
I love the glory kills and chainsaw. Giving those demons the business!

That end level of Uncharted 4 though ... those are some amazing graphics still today and if you showed some of that stuff now and said it was PS5 I think a lot of people would fall for it.

That end level of Uncharted 4 though ... those are some amazing graphics still today and if you showed some of that stuff now and said it was PS5 I think a lot of people would fall for it.
Yes, the graphics were insane. Even if the art direction was a bit stylised, some bits looked real, so I only wonder what will be possible in a machine 7 times more powerful than a base PS4. It was very emotive, as well. :love:

And talking about emotive games, I'm playing Detroit and SOTC (remake). Damn... I'm at the end of the first one, and it's made me cry. And I'm really liking the second one. It's so special... but I would have liked playing it on PS2 first, though.

Finally finished testing and setting up my games, then I had to go through the list of games that didnt work and try to fix them, usually found a fix online or a re install got them working. Unfortunately some games fell by the wayside :( Devastaion couldnt fix, Divinity Original Sin 2 couldnt fix and couldnt remember where I saved the setup files I could re download them from Gog but it's 50gb and to be honest I cant be arsed at the moment (maybe one day in the future). Lock on Modern Air combat doesnt run I think it's a starforce problem (I have the dvd version) the digital version is only £2.99 on the ubisoft store so I'll try that. Max Payne 3 needed a re install (probably a rockstar social club issue). Prototype 2 crashes after intro screen the steam forum is full of threads entitled "protoype 2 wont run windows 10" The solution seems to be disable all your Hid devices in device manager (didnt work for me) Shame since it's a fun game.
Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice couldnt get it to run even after a reinstall turns out my firewall was preventing it from working If I shut it down the game works Afaik it doesnt even connect to the net???

So at last tommorrow I can finally get to playing some games and do some serious worshipping of the Gaming Gods...

Last edited:
I think then I shall play Mafia 3 tomorrow. Been looking forward to it since before I upgraded, but forgot I wanted to play it and had it until just recently. (Same thing happened with WatchDogs 2)

In honor of the Seven TeraBytes Gaming Goddess of Goodness. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back