Its not 100% finished from wiki these are the numbers

712 Confirmed cases
587 recovered
11 Deaths

so I guess 114 unresolved, which means

1.83% death rate ( of finished cases )
though final figure will be between 1.54% -> 17.5%
fair enough, it's not quite over

Ohio's numbers today, confirmed: 1653 (up from 1406), Hospitalized: 403 (up from 344), and 29 Deaths (up from 25).
Confirmed Cuyahoga County: 440 (Up from 370)

Deaths by County: Columbiana 1, Cuyahoga 3, Erie 1, Franklin 2, Gallia 1, Lake 1, Lorain 1, Lucas 2, Mahoning 2, Medina 1, Miami 5, Stark 2, Trumbull 2, Summit 5

Experts converge on plans for easing coronavirus restrictions safely

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/experts-converge-on-plans-for-easing-coronavirus-restrictions-safely/ar-BB11RS6S

The plan divides coming months into four phases and sets “triggers” for states to move from one phase to the next. Given the uneven spread and stages of outbreak, not all states would move through the phases at the same time. While the overall peak of the epidemic may occur in late April or early May, the timing may be different in different states. New York, the current epicenter, may see a decline in infection rates as other states have an increase.

With most of the nation in phase one of the epidemic, the goal should be a sharp increase in hospital critical care beds and an increase of testing to 750,000 people a week to track the epidemic — a number Gottlieb said could be achieved in the next week or two. For a state to move to phase two, it should see a sustained reduction in new cases for at least 14 days, and its hospitals need to be able to provide care without being overwhelmed.

“The reason we set it at 14 days is that’s the incubation period of the virus,” said Rivers, of Johns Hopkins. “That way you know the downward trend is certain and not because of a holiday or blip or some other delay in reported cases.”

States moving into phase two would gradually lift social distancing measures and open schools and businesses, while increasing surveillance. The key goals thereafter would be accelerating the development of new treatments and deploying tests to determine who has recovered from infection with some immunity and could rejoin the workforce.

Phase three occurs when the nation has a vaccine or drugs to treat covid-19 in place and the government launches mass vaccinations.

Phase four involves rebuilding the nation’s capacity to deal with the next pandemic by building up its scientific and public health infrastructure.

What do you mean?

The UK also has now put up a limit to public gatherings, to two people. How it’s enforced, god only knows. Realistically if the police see you with two or more people hanging out, they will ask you to disperse and even give you fines if needed.
I didn't know that in the UK it was defined the same way. I don't understand how just two people are a "public gathering". I mean, accompanying someone or meeting someone doesn't sound like a "public gathering" to me, but whatever... :rolleyes:

Clearly if there is more than one person, potential for spreading the infection exists.
Thou shalt not spread in public. Save that for your family in the confinement of your home.

2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) for Dallas County Texas
https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php

March 29, 2020 - 488 confirmed cases - 10 deaths

488 confirmed cases up 49 over yesterday and one new death
Those 49 cases represent a 11.1% increase over the last day

I know the time frame is short but over the last three days the increases (by percent) have slowed down - 21%, 19.6% and now 11.1%

Clearly if there is more than one person, potential for spreading the infection exists.
Thou shalt not spread in public. Save that for your family in the confinement of your home.
Who's doubting that?

I was only talking about the concept of "public gathering" = 2 people.

Depends where you are, I suppose. Heading out for a short walk with my young children, the streets in our small northern UK town are almost deserted. There is a small country park (basically an artificial lake with a few paths around it) a short distance from where I live so we walk around there. People you see walking their dogs, studiously walk outside the edge of the path to keep as far away from you as possible. A bit OTT, to some degree, but better than being too blasé, I suppose.

I've been going to work until now, but we're closing after tomorrow for a few weeks (at least). I only hope that I finish April with my sanity intact! (Two young children to spend the day with mostly at home when seeing nobody else isn't idea of fun).

During the past couple of weeks, I've not seen a single policeman either when out walking or during my short commute to work. My guess is that they will only be enforcing the most egregious/idiotic breaches of the rules.

COVID-19 in Canada
March 29, 2020, 3 pm EDT

Number of people tested

Confirmed cases

Probable cases

Deaths

It'd be most valuable to understand what causes the range in symptoms. Why are some people immune to symptoms, and other otherwise healthy people having bad reactions? Those people can be removed from the front-lines, and the symptom-immune able to work other jobs or support work as long as they don't have contact with the susceptible.
Different strain of the virus? (Mutation)

In Italy also member of the same family have to be distanciated outside home 1 meter (with the exception of children). Infections are slowing down here now. Seems another 15 days of lock down are needed. Then only people aged < 55 or < 50 will be allowed to go out of home.

Low vitamin D in the blood seems to be one of the greatest risk factors.... In Italy people few people use supplements... So at the end of winter vutamin D levels are quite low. Then the use of some drugs (blood pressure drugs)....

https://torino.repubblica.it/cronac...per_ridurre_il_rischio_di_contagio-252369086/

Also A blood type people seems to have bigger risk vs 0 type (this from a chinese study).... B or AB type not in the study as not diffused in China.

Last edited by a moderator:
HBRU, Italy seems to have stabilized in terms if daily mortality (fingers crossed), even if there is no clear downturn yet. What is the reaction in Italy? I could see both relief being justified, but also fear outside Lombardy of other regions following the same pattern, only delayed. It’s difficult to see if the total Italian numbers show an internal balance shift away from the epicenter, and impossible to know how that affects public opinion.

Overweight seems to be a very important risk factor it’s turning out. In the Netherlands where obesity is less of a problem than average in the West, 80% of ICU cases seem to be overweight. Similar overrepresentation is reported elsewhere. Seems worth looking into further. Initially diabetes was mentioned as a risk factor but it may end up being a correlation from overweight being the real risk factor.

Latest data looks like his theories are a bust. Growth rate didn't level out.

Edit: His response is they've increased testing. This whole variable testing thing just makes data a mess.
Tried to engage the #Masks4all guy on Twitter and he's clammed up. Have zero respect but 'data scientists' who won't discuss data. What pisses me off most is he points to the results in Czechia, but ignores similar curbing of growth in other countries in lock-down. He's made up his mind and won't discuss it like a proper analyst - if the data later shows you're wrong, you should accept it. If you are right, the data will show you are right. But there are so many other variables at play, his mask data can't be isolated from everything else going on.

TBH it's almost certainly for everyone to wear masks then not, and it'd be good for humanity if everyone was comfortable donning masks early into potential pandemics instead of feeling self conscious. But I'm proper disappointed that this guy presented a well reasoned, data supported argument that I shared with contacts, and then ignored challenges to it because he'd rather back his agenda than the data science.

Back