Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

If series x has vrs and ps5 dont certainly it will take advantage and have a boost. My only contention is the narrative that its a night and day change. Your not going to be getting 2160p titles on series x and 1080p on ps5 or double the fps. They are far too similar and close to one another.
you're being jebaited mate

Iy only contention is the narrative that its a night and day change. Your not going to be getting 2160p titles on series x and 1080p on ps5 or double the fps. They are far too similar and close to one another.

Agreed. It would take something like hitting a hard wall that doesn't happen on the other. I don't think that will be the case with Memory Bandwidth or even CPU/GPU even if PS5 were only 3Ghz/2Ghz.

Would people notice or care if ~Modern Warfare 7 runs on SeriesX at locked 4K120 and on PS5 at locked 4K100 VRR?
I mean, if we're going to be snobby about it sure.
Locked is sweet because if you don't have VRR but a 120 Hz refresh rate, you can still see it in most of its glory even downresolution to say 1080p from 4K for instance.

unlocked+ VRR requires display hardware. So you can only guarantee 4K60 without VRR.

VRR is still suitable for VR headsets, right? Or are there certain aspects why you wouldn't want VRR in VR?

Naturally you wouldn't want sub 60 fps VRR, but wasn't sure if 91-110 VRR would be worse than 90 locked for VR.

It was more correct than any alleged insider. Anyways, just some playful posting during the pandemic isolation. Dont take it to heart to mean anything like even more of a performance deficit between the consoles. We still have to wait for that.
Most insiders insisted at least 10TF and that the github data was outdated and not the final speed. ;)

If series x has vrs and ps5 dont certainly it will take advantage and have a boost. My only contention is the narrative that its a night and day change. Your not going to be getting 2160p titles on series x and 1080p on ps5 or double the fps. They are far too similar and close to one another.
Devs will use the XSX exclusive features/advantages but not those of PS5.

Devs will use the XSX exclusive features/advantages but not those of PS5.
Devs have every reason to use features on DX12 Ultimate because the features are aligned on both PC and Xbox.
It's not a matter of trying to give Xbox exclusivity on features.

I think a 3P developer trying to get as high sales as they can, while migrating to newer rendering engines, would take full advantage of the features now available as the new _baseline_. With both PC and Xbox in full alignment, it's hard to not want to use it.

I think devs should know if ti's coming to PS5 by now. There's no reason to hold back, but there is reason to not go back and re-work stuff for a launch. As the platform matures we should see better use of its hardware. See _how long dreams took_

Zen 2 is pretty much the most powerful x86-architecture/implementation out there at the moment, I don't know how anyone could have really asked for more on these consoles. 16 cores?
I just meant relative to the GPU it’s a smaller upgrade

Devs have every reason to use features on DX12 Ultimate because the features are aligned on both PC and Xbox.
It's not a matter of trying to give Xbox exclusivity on features.

I think a 3P developer trying to get as high sales as they can, while migrating to newer rendering engines, would take full advantage of the features now available as the new _baseline_. With both PC and Xbox in full alignment, it's hard to not want to use it.

I think devs should know if ti's coming to PS5 by now. There's no reason to hold back, but there is reason to not go back and re-work stuff for a launch. As the platform matures we should see better use of its hardware. See _how long dreams took_
ah, I thought that VRS was Xbox only

Absolutely. Has CPU speed increased even two fold over the past five years? For a long time there was little point in upgrading CPU on PC above whatever i7 you already had. The main performance gains at the top end is stupid die sizes and number of cores. ;) The only way to go even faster is to go even simpler, meaning higher peak possibilities but lower peak utilisation, a la Cell. There's no point doing that. Those workloads, put on GPU. CPU is there for 'messy' workloads.

Perhaps it's time to ditch the idea of Central and Graphics processors, and instead define them by workloads they are suited to? Wide Parallel Processor versus Random Access Processor?

Perhaps it's time to ditch the idea of Central and Graphics processors, and instead define them by workloads they are suited to? Wide Parallel Processor versus Random Access Processor?
I won't vouch for any of this guy's other videos, predictions or delivery but this one seemed interesting. Domain specific processors is the concept.
(43) CPU? GPU? This new ARM chip is BOTH - YouTube --

Absolutely. Has CPU speed increased even two fold over the past five years? For a long time there was little point in upgrading CPU on PC above whatever i7 you already had. The main performance gains at the top end is stupid die sizes and number of cores. ;) The only way to go even faster is to go even simpler, meaning higher peak possibilities but lower peak utilisation, a la Cell. There's no point doing that. Those workloads, put on GPU. CPU is there for 'messy' workloads.

Even CPUs are best optimized if they're processing wide (SIMD and cores) and sequential memory access (cache hit rate), but they're much better at random access than a GPU would be.

Naturally you wouldn't want sub 60 fps VRR, but wasn't sure if 91-110 VRR would be worse than 90 locked for VR.

On my Pimax 5k+ which goes upto 120hz, going from 90-120hz isn't that big of a deal for driving games which is all i use it for.

Going from 60-90hz is noticeable esp when other cars next to you. Driving by yourself, not really.

My eyes are more sensitive to frame rate fluctuations in VR because you don't get tearing, you get full screen stuttering which is notable.

Hoewer, I think all the major players now have a frame compensation option where it'll half the frame rate and insert an interpolated frame to keep the smoothness vs giving you stuttering.

Don't take my experience as an end all. People eyes, the brand of headset, the type of game all play a large role in what frame rate is ideal in VR.

www.playstatlon.com. ?

Riiiiiight.

xoluqq0a9oi21.jpg

Back