Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]

Dreams is awesome, sometimes I really think that this software is like 10 years too early (compared to the state of others similar software like Super Mario Maker LOL). And the PS5 version will probably have increased thermos size so we are going to see even bigger dreams and crazier stuff because of the better GPU and CPU.

But the only reason I don't play it more during nights (the only moment when I can play stuff for longer periods) is because of the insane noise coming from my Pro when I play it. Sadly I don't own the last model of Pro, only just the one before. They better have a silent PS5 come holidays otherwise I may simply not buy it. I'd probably sell this one (LE MHW :|) and buy the (inevitably ugly o_O) Pro slim instead while playing on my backlog...and make more Dreams without waking up the whole house.

Vacuumed it already? Don’t think mine is that noisy (my og PS4 on the other hand ...)

Center of the part that moves. If he’s not snapped parts I suspect that causes the wobble

I did some testing with similar setup to his (cube and rotating cylinder) and yes, center of rotation needs to be in the midlle of cylinder to be balanced and without wobble, it's funny because it wobbles even if I set weight of rotating piece to 0 kg.
It's strange, it's a game and motor should be able to rotate without being affected by this.

I found more strange things, maybe bugs or limitations in physics, maybe I can work around it with animation but I'm not that far yet.

There is also stuff like tightness, disabling physics etc

There is also stuff like tightness, disabling physics etc

yes there is, unfortunately tightness adds more weirdness, e.g. motor1 moves with piston + motor2 and if tightness in motor1 is changed it will desynchronize movement between sculptures connected with piston.

more examples (I'll give feedback to MM):

I wanted to know how people go about moving mechanical stuff like cars and found this car chassis https://indreams.me/element/oNjQjJNHJvS with very good handling from a guy who works in MM, he have some 4100 hours in Dreams and as expected he completely bypasses physics with gadgets and animation ... so that's the way to do it since motors and other connectors are broken

I’m starting to get the hang of sculpting and editing the puppet etc. Getting results quicker and quicker. Right now I greatly prefer using the Move controller. Sculpting with VR helmet on would truly be perfect ...

There is definitely a learning curve but things start clicking fast now ...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...er-mario-from-dreams-after-nintendo-complaint

Sony has pulled a popular Super Mario character model from PlayStation 4 game Dreams after a complaint from Nintendo.

As spotted by GoNintendo, Dreams creator PieceOfCraft took to Twitter to reveal "Mario projects in Dreams are on hold" after their Super Mario, used by many user-generated Super Mario levels, was pulled offline.
Starngley it's just the character and not the Dreams using it so far.

Just change the model to one of the Great Giana Sisters. :runaway:

This is so funny because I seriously hated on Mario on the Nintendo back in the day , but when I got Giana Sisters for the C64 or was it the Amiga (I guess it was C64) without knowing it was a brick for brick clone of Mario, I loved GGS :) I found that out waaaay later.
I hope I did not fanboy fight about it, probably not since most of my friends also was in the Commodore camp.

This is so funny because I seriously hated on Mario on the Nintendo back in the day , but when I got Giana Sisters for the C64 or was it the Amiga (I guess it was C64) without knowing it was a brick for brick clone of Mario, I loved GGS :) I found that out waaaay later.
I think GGS first came on the Amiga and was then ported to the C64. The publisher, Rainbow Arts, had a bit of a reputation for publishing games that were pretty blatant, but also very good, rip-offs of other franchises. There was also Garrison, a blatant rip of of Gauntlet, and who can forget Denaris/Katakis - nothing like R-Type at all. :nope:

Insane! :D
I remember how many doubted Dreams could compete regular AAA tech. But IMO, this even beats the shown next gen Hellblade 2 cutscenes.
Close up detail is lacking, though.

I remember how many doubted Dreams could compete regular AAA tech. But IMO, this even beats the shown next gen Hellblade 2 cutscenes.

Imagine on PS5 with raytracing for much better light and much easier for people to make the light of a level, more RAM and the SSD for less thermo limit.

It's a best case example though. The scene ideally suits the environmental area light. I imagine a hut interior in that scene will break immersion pretty quickly.

You could fake it easily with some well placed additional lights though I suppose?

Back