Formula 1 - 2020 Season

https://corp.formula1.com/formula-1-launches-virtual-grand-prix-series-to-replace-postponed-races/

FIA announces Virtual Grand Prix -series to fill the void of cancelled races. The series will feature apparently real F1 drivers (I call Verstappen & Norris, they've been doing simracing online anyway) and they'll be driving in F1 2019 (PC version)

Very cool ... probably good for Codemasters too [emoji16] and for the game, the next version may end up a bit more realistic as a result ...

Will it have Zandvoort in time though I wonder? Probably ;)

Last edited:
It's the only way to really freeze 2020 cars for next season, otherwise they'd just continue developing them on the side ramping up costs
From your link it sounds like they might allow some non-chassis changes. Is the chassis only the body or does it include things like the suspension, brakes, etc...
Due to the currently volatile financial situation this has created, it has been agreed that teams will use their 2020 chassis for 2021, with the potential freezing of further components to be discussed in due course.

https://corp.formula1.com/formula-1-launches-virtual-grand-prix-series-to-replace-postponed-races/

FIA announces Virtual Grand Prix -series to fill the void of cancelled races. The series will feature apparently real F1 drivers (I call Verstappen & Norris, they've been doing simracing online anyway) and they'll be driving in F1 2019 (PC version)

I believe the only person who agreed to participate is latifii. Can he even be counted as a F1 already? ;)

Verstappen said he won't participate because he never plays that game and it would take some time to get up to speed.

I believe the only person who agreed to participate is latifii. Can he even be counted as a F1 already? ;)

Verstappen said he won't participate because he never plays that game and it would take some time to get up to speed.
Boo! Wasn't he supposed to be best driver ever, surely driver of such skill can drive no matter which specific game it is! What a wussy!!!! :D

That is a shame but I om so far have never been attracted to this franchise just because each time I tried it it didn’t feel right. But who knows it’s better now ...

Boo! Wasn't he supposed to be best driver ever, surely driver of such skill can drive no matter which specific game it is! What a wussy!!!! :D

I don't really get the negativity. There are 18 other drivers, who all think they are the best, that couldn't be arsed either.

Maybe they should have picked a game that is actually played by the sim community?

I don't really get the negativity. There are 18 other drivers, who all think they are the best, that couldn't be arsed either.

Maybe they should have picked a game that is actually played by the sim community?
Apparently I didn't use enough exclamation marks on the side of that smiley, here, add some: !!!!!!!

(Also, of course they're playing the official F1 game, like there's any options for a series to pick anything else when there's official too)

So apparently they already drove the (Not the) AUS GP which was less official, but still included names like Lando Norris, Esteban Gutierrez and Stoffel Vandoorne.
(Not the) BAH GP will add on top of them Latifi and Hülkenberg. Rest of the grid is a mix of eSports-drivers, lower class drivers, other sports stars (like Thibault Courtois from Real Madrid), YouTubers etc etc

Looks like that (Not the) ... GP is different even if it's still official stuff.
The actual Virtual GP is about to start now'ish

McLaren engine switch from Renault to Mercedes will go ahead in 2021
McLaren's switch from Renault to Mercedes engines next year will go ahead despite teams having to run the same cars for two years.
Governing body the FIA announced on Thursday that it had been agreed teams would use their 2020 chassis in 2021 as a result of the "volatile financial situation created [by the coronavirus crisis], with potential freezing of further components to be discussed in due course".

Under the current state of talks, aerodynamics are expected to stay relatively free for development but there are likely to be other areas of the car beside the chassis that will be frozen over the two seasons to keep costs down.

An engine switch with the same chassis should be relatively straightforward for McLaren because F1 rules stipulate that the mounting points on the engine must be the same for all manufacturers.

That means McLaren will only have to make packaging changes to accommodate the different architecture of the Mercedes engine.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/51981569

Last edited:
Back