The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Netflix's series I Am Not Okay With This. It's fairly short (~ 140 minutes) and is broken down into 7 episodes of ~20 minutes after the 2.5 minutes of Ending Credits is stripped from the time. It's based on a comic of the same name. I had no knowledge of it, but found it enjoyable. It's on my watch list for if/when Season 2 or Part 2 drops.

It was a bit difficult to figure out exactly what time period it's set in, so I looked it up and it's set in modern day, despite the music queues from the 80s and a display of vintage items like VHS and Tape decks. It just doesn't show or focus on cell-phones and tablets except for a random mention here or there.

Yeah I liked it, and that ending was a big shock [emoji23]

Netflix's series I Am Not Okay With This. It's fairly short (~ 140 minutes) and is broken down into 7 episodes of ~20 minutes after the 2.5 minutes of Ending Credits is stripped from the time. It's based on a comic of the same name. I had no knowledge of it, but found it enjoyable. It's on my watch list for if/when Season 2 or Part 2 drops.

It was a bit difficult to figure out exactly what time period it's set in, so I looked it up and it's set in modern day, despite the music queues from the 80s and a display of vintage items like VHS and Tape decks. It just doesn't show or focus on cell-phones and tablets except for a random mention here or there.
I must have missed this post, saw LB's quoting it and watched it last night and DAMN! Good stuff! :love:

Oh yeah, thank you BRiT and London-boy! Very entertained and delighted by the series and it was an easy/fun binge.

I can't find episode 8 though and I REALLY want to see it, what day next week does it come out? :|

Oh yeah, thank you BRiT and London-boy! Very entertained and delighted by the series and it was an easy/fun binge.

I can't find episode 8 though and I REALLY want to see it, what day next week does it come out? :|

It's only 7 episodes in Season 1. You watched everything there is. I have not heard if/when Season 2 hits.

Any interest left for Westworld, anyone?

After 2 eps of the third season, it seems to be progressing with a reasonably coherent storyline, convoluted though as expected. But still I feel the writers are throwing way too much of everything in it.

I'm watching it week to week but only because I'm burning through so much content with the Pandemic self-isolation lockdown. Otherwise I'd wait until the end and binge the episodes. I'm still waiting for some "oh shit" style moments that happened during Season 1 or 2. Allegedly the writers said Season 3 will be more linear than the others. So not sure if there will be any large twists.

Jeebus the first two shows of season 3 were intense, and I skipped season 2! :O (Caught a youtube recap or 7 over my wife's shoulder though so I sort of know what's going on I think, maybe, kind of?)

@digitalwanderer you need to watch all of season 2 in aired order to get a real appreciation for the show. Especially Samurai World!

Those extraworlds etc are exactly what I mean by writers adding too much stuff in it.
Have to say I have vague memories of season 2 end, I just barely could convince myself to care of it anymore.

Now the new season seems more appealing.

I just binged the first 6 episodes of DEVS late, late in to the night last night and I woke up still wondering the same thing:

What is a truly random event?!?!? :oops:

While watching Black Lightning, which is not great but still a bit above average, sort of like how the Flash was the better of the shows in that universe, I remembered I also still have free Apple TV.

Browsing that I noticed the show Mythic Quest, surprisingly a show about a development studio. It is not immediately brilliant but it’s pretty funny ...

For All Mankind was great, I think. I certainly loved it.

Also watched the last season of Game of Thrones, finally. I stopped caring and having HBO access after season 7 which really killed my interest in the series, but the end was everything I could have ever wanted from the show despite some of it already having been spoilt by a lot of very vocal complainers. Great ending.

That said as a whole the series was an overindulgent perverted piece of violence and torture worship which was only redeemed by some really good acting, character development and production values. Really, really good acting though!

And now I can finally watch Westwood and Chernobyl etc. Our TV provider gave loyal customers a year of the package that includes the Dutch rights to everything HBO.

And now I can finally watch Westwood and Chernobyl etc.

I'm torn on Season 3 of WestWorld so far. I didn't plan on watching it weekly but have had access to the show so been giving it a go. It's a large departure in the feel of the show from before. I'm torn on which Season I enjoyed the most. I could easily rewatch Season 1 and 2, and you gain more appreciation doing so armed with more knowledge of the events.

So enjoy your ride with Westworld.

In the meanwhile, I haven't watched anything from The Walking Dead current season started in mid 2019. The drama is just too slow moving to have to wait week to week and over a few months inbetween halves of the season.

In the meanwhile, Better Call Saul has become a real genuine prequel to Breaking Bad.

Whoever mentioned Dark (German show on Netflix) in this thread, thank you! I had started it then left it at the third episode, and this week I thought I’d pick it up again and Holy crap it’s amazing. I have very little idea what the fuck is going on half the time but having just finished Season 1, wow. Just wow.

Back