Where is it hiding

Davros

Legend
I delete a folder but then get the error message "cant delete d3dx9_29.dll because it is in use by ee2.exe"
So I open task manager to manually kill it and its not there I dont just look in processes tab but also the users and details tabs and ee2.exe is not listed anywhere
So where is it hiding ?

I delete a folder but then get the error message "cant delete d3dx9_29.dll because it is in use by ee2.exe"
So I open task manager to manually kill it and its not there I dont just look in processes tab but also the users and details tabs and ee2.exe is not listed anywhere
So where is it hiding ?
i assume its empire earth 2?

run this
taskkill /f /im ee2.exe

or use process unlocker https://lockhunter.com/

Have you tried rebooting? :|

yeah, a reboot should work, as long as W10 didnt automatically launch the game again.

so maybe use this

run
shutdown.exe -f -r -t 1

it will force reboot, no hybrid/fast reboot, no state resuming.

How would you post here about the issue without rebooting first knowing it was a game you'd just run? :???:

Rebooting wasnt the point. Obviously ee2.exe wouldnt be in memory after a reboot
The point was ee2 (and it's happened with a couple of other games) was resident in memory was not listed anywhere and the only way you would know is if you tried to delete it (or a dll it was using)

Back