Resident Evil 2 Remake [XO, PS4, PC]

Add ray traced soft shadows and they're there.
the game already has HDR. And I expect the raytracing remake sometime in the future. But please don't chance Claire's design, she is gorgeous as it is.

I've been playing RE2. Very rarely have I felt anything like this for a video game. The feeling of playing, being so in it and grieving and wanting more, then when you leave the game as I did a few minutes ago, you feel sad to have left the game.

It's one of those games that makes you love video games. Also it makes you think it might well have been a movie (well, typical of this series....).

Besides, I remember a lot of the things I saw as a kid when I was just looking at my best friend playing it on his PS1. Especially the beginning is where I remember almost everything.

I got to areas I no longer remember, but I do remember that bastard Birkin and other details, such as the difficult final battle. Still, I'm sure a lot of things change in the remaster.

The graphics are the typical that make you go: "How far games have gone, mother of god...." .

I've played with HDR. I've seen better HDR in other games, but it's not bad. In SDR mode the game looks much darker, but equally beautiful. I was actually having a good time playing in SDR because the combination of the colorful graphics and the contrast is very handsome. I continued playing in HDR mode but come on, but if the monitor didn't have HDR I would be enjoying the game perfectly fine. Maybe I'll do a 2nd gameplay, once I complete the game, in SDR.

Raytracing would be perfect for this game. Resident Evil 2 Remake is sheer love.

I have a question....., Geforce Experience tries to tell you what the optimal settings are -fps is what matters to me the most. Thing is..., it tells me that I am running the game internally with DSR at 3620x2036? -that's almost 4k- It's the 1st time I see that in a game and the GPU is rendering more than it should because my monitor is 2560x1440p. The framerate stays at more than 90fps and reaches the maximum of 144fps quite a few times, but I don't know why it does that. How can disable DSR? -2560x1440 is actually the resolution I set in the graphics menu of the game, I swear-

mt0U1fQ.jpg

I've completely fallen in love with this game. Now RE3 Remake is my most anticipated game of the year along with Ori.

The game is currently running at 144fps at 1080p with DF settings. For some reason, in this game I notice the resolution quite a lot while in others 1080p vs 1440p is not that noticeable. I wonder why. Thing is.., the game runs at 100fps at 1440p and quite a few times at 144Hz. And I am torn as to what to do. But I think I prefer the look of the game at 1440p 'cos it looks blurry at 1080p and it's odd compared to other games where I dont mind.

Completed Scenario A with Claire on Normal, I thought I could play part B with Claire but no, you have to complete Leon's campaign to play Claire's B scenario, and viceversa. Smart decision, so you experience the entire game.

Now I am completing the part A with Leon on Easy -'cos my main motivation is playing Claire's scenario B- and then maybe play Claire campaigns on Hardcore to unlock the coolest items. The S+ rank sounds almost impossible to achieve for me, but I've seen people beating Claire's A campaign on Hardcore in 1 hour 33 minutes or so. :oops::oops:

I managed to finish the 2nd run yesterday.
The game is great but I was disappointed by two things. Almost all events happen exactly the same between 1st and 2nd Run, as if there is no connection between the two characters's events. So in other words 2nd Run is 95% oblivious that the event in 1st Run happened and repeats it exactly as it was the first time.
i.e
Annette is wounded during Leon's encounter with William at Umbrella, but she is fine until she is wounded exactly the same way when Claire encounter's William at Umbrella
The first game made sure that some event's of the 1st Run affect the gameplay of the 2nd. Nothing affects it in the Remake.
And lastly the beautiful music and ambient sounds of the original are absent.

I managed to finish the 2nd run yesterday.
The game is great but I was disappointed by two things. Almost all events happen exactly the same between 1st and 2nd Run, as if there is no connection between the two characters's events. So in other words 2nd Run is 95% oblivious that the event in 1st Run happened and repeats it exactly as it was the first time.
i.e
Annette is wounded during Leon's encounter with William at Umbrella, but she is fine until she is wounded exactly the same way when Claire encounter's William at Umbrella
The first game made sure that some event's of the 1st Run affect the gameplay of the 2nd. Nothing affects it in the Remake.
And lastly the beautiful music and ambient sounds of the original are absent.
hmmmm, interesting, but I dont remember every little detail of the original 'cos I recall watching my best friend playing it. However, even so, to me it's clear that this game is a superior game compared to the original.

Which was your favourite campaign? In my case, Claire's.

The new format and modern technology fits these games sooooo well.

I've broken every single record left and right in my gaming stats by having played 45 hours -and counting- a game which I bought very very recently. I completed part A Claire, part A Leon, part A Claire, part B Leon. My next goal -the guy explains it very very well-:

Question....where there two Mr Xs in the police station?
Because there is something that doesnt add up between the two scenarios

Claire + hardcore...that was not what i expected :(
why so? Easier than you thought?

Talking of which, after completing the game like 7-8 times, Claire B is the toughest part of the game, imho, extras not included of course.

Last edited:
why so? Easier than you thought?

Talking of which, after completing the game like 7-8 times, Claire B is the toughest part of the game, imho, extras not included of course.
Didnt play the hardcore but on standard I find Claire B much easier then Leon B.

Also I dont understand how
William massacres Mr X with Claire's scenario but he is following Leon until the end in his scenario

Didnt play the hardcore but on standard I find Claire B much easier then Leon B.

Also I dont understand how
Capcom explained this in a PC Gamer interview saying that contrary to the original, both stories are canonical and taking place in parallel universes. I've finished both A parts and B parts for each character and the ending is also canonical, the same for both.

Capcom explained this in a PC Gamer interview saying that contrary to the original, both stories are canonical and taking place in parallel universes. I've finished both A parts and B parts for each character and the ending is also canonical, the same for both.
I d take it like they werent concerned much with making the stories consistent because it was a big fuss...I mean....what happened to Claire during Leon's campaign and vise versa? It is like we will never know....they exist in some un-accessible universes :p

I d take it like they werent concerned much with making the stories consistent because it was a big fuss...I mean....what happened to Claire during Leon's campaign and vise versa? It is like we will never know....they exist in some un-accessible universes :p
hehehehe, hehehe maybe with more time, still it is a game that convert a 2.5D game into a full 3D game and is quite faithful to the original while also improving some details. They made the game with loving care. Perhaps in a Raytracing re-remake they shall add some extras in both campaigns to connect everything in the same universe

Back