What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdom Hearts! :love: Wonderful game (playing the 1.5 PS3 remaster).

Some bosses are quite tough, though! Well, I play in difficult, but some fights are frustrating. I'm having a difficult time fighting effing Ursula! Yeah, sure, use elixirs, but every time I stop to drink a potion, a fucking moray comes and finishes me off. So annoying! I guess I'll have to grind a bit more.
Ok, it's no use... At first I thought this game was magical, but now I think the stupid difficulty (which sometimes is worse "thanks" to an awful camera) has totally ruined the experience for me.

On Proud I reached the last world but I wasn't able to get past a ridiculously difficult round of foes just before the final area/boss fight. So, I stopped playing for a while and I even thought of calling it quits. I know, I shouldn't have played on Proud, I only wanted the game to be challenging because sometimes Normal difficulty is way too easy, but I didn't know this game.

A few weeks later I said to myself "ok, let's try the easiest difficulty level, because at least I want to beat the game". So I created a fucking new game because difficulty levels can't change once you start playing, and I played all the damn thing again until yes, getting at last to the final boss. But I can't beat him after a few attempts. It's not I'm not good at videogames, but I'm sorry, I can't and won't spend more time than necessary to just enjoy a game and to feel the satisfaction to beat it. I have more things to do (including other games I want to play as well).

Saints Row 2, realized I hadn't played it since my last upgrade and it's a go to test for me. Can't say it's running exactly smooth, but it's smoother than it's ever been!

Just loaded up GoTR and some updated graphics mods. I know the fixed version is coming out soon, sort of why I wanted to play the old one. Plus I forgot I had it on Steam, I keep forgetting I have a couple of Steam accounts with a couple hundred games on 'em. One for each kid but they were underage when I started the accounts for 'em. My son is "digitalwanderer" and my daughter is "digisan" ROFL

BTW-If you're ever in a shooter against digitalwanderer, either run or hope he's on your side.

I am playing the new Ori and A Plague Tale. This last game in English, I want to practice English with One.

PS: The last Wolfenstein was awful :(

I don't play games any more, now I do what Tom Nook wants me to do at any given moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't play games any more, now I do what Tom Nook wants to do at any given moment.

animal crossing new horizons is fucking WEIRD. pardon the language. BUT IT IS FUCKING WEIRD

its full of the trope of generic, annoying things in MMO
1. stupid quests
2. stupid bounties
3. repetitive gameplay repeated ad nauseum

but playing it give me zen.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

EDIT:
would be perfect if it only requires one joycon. So i can play while
- brushing teeth
- cooking
- wiping my ass

Not sure if this is the thread for my "problem", but trying to reach out if anyone know the solution. I borrowed GOW from my brother and liked it so much that I started NEW game+. Then I decided to buy the game disc (not digital) to continue playing. I bought a PlayStation hits edition and expected to just put the game in and continue playing. What happened was that the game started installing and now I got 2 GOW games to chose from in the PS menu and I am not able to use my old game saves in the new one. I see on the disc (still have my brother's) that the hits edition have a higher serial number stamped on. Next I might try to delete both versions and only install the new one. Anyone experienced this and know a work around? I have not been able to find a solution on the web. Help appreciated.:D

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the thread for my "problem", but trying to reach out if anyone know the solution. I borrowed GOW from my brother and liked it so much that I started NEW game+. Then I decided to buy the game disc (not digital) to continue playing. I bought a PlayStation hits edition and expected to just put the game in and continue playing. What happened was that the game started installing and now I got 2 GOW games to chose from in the PS menu and I am not able to use my old game saves in the new one. I see on the disc (still have my brother's) that the hits edition have a higher serial number stamped on. Next I might try to delete both versions and only install the new one. Anyone experienced this and know a work around? I have not been able to find a solution on the web. Help appreciated.:D

Now that is strange. Maybe the original and the new “hits” version are indeed two different games in Sony’s mind, but they shouldn’t be.

Now that is strange. Maybe the original and the new “hits” version are indeed two different games in Sony’s mind, but they shouldn’t be.
It's indeed strange. They should be the same. They also look identical except for the number as I said and a little different age rating symbols.
Edit: as for now I have been offered to keep the original and give my brother the hits edition, but I would really like to know what's up. Then he will get the problem, but was ok with that:D

So, started Doom Eternal. Lot of funs. The visuals are a let down imo (yeah, I know), but I guess that's needed to have 60fps on consoles. I'm at ultra nightmare everywhere, 1440p (my native 27' res), and I'm lock at 90 fps (because I cap it). My vega fe is not doing much.

After building a new alter i'm currently playing go through my hard drives make sure the games on them still work (and redo keybinds and settings if needed)
currently on Games 2 E: the letter P (pod gold, prey, prince of persia, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, prototype ect)

Last edited:
Saints Row 2, realized I hadn't played it since my last upgrade and it's a go to test for me. Can't say it's running exactly smooth, but it's smoother than it's ever been!

Just loaded up GoTR and some updated graphics mods. I know the fixed version is coming out soon, sort of why I wanted to play the old one. Plus I forgot I had it on Steam, I keep forgetting I have a couple of Steam accounts with a couple hundred games on 'em. One for each kid but they were underage when I started the accounts for 'em. My son is "digitalwanderer" and my daughter is "digisan" ROFL

BTW-If you're ever in a shooter against digitalwanderer, either run or hope he's on your side.
Who are you then ?

I'm playing DOOM (2016) right now. I had it in my backlog but I didn't give it a try. It's very good, amazing visuals and performance. I'll probably get eternal when it's under 30€.

Uncharted 4. Ok, the game is beautiful... and fun. But is a bit absurd in some aspects. First of all, the fact of finding the treasure just to discover that the real place is somewhere else SO MANY TIMES is annoying. Of course, it's fun to travel to different places around the world, but doing so always under the premise that you're going to the definitive place, instead of finding different pieces or clues that you have to put together is a bit tiresome.

I don't know, but I don't get that feel of wonder, anymore. Finding wonderful ruins and treasury caves, one after another, non-stop... I guess this has something to do with it. I remember in the old games, like the classic Tomb Raider games, I felt it. Your presence in the levels was way more grounded, because you really had to explore them through every corner, you really spent time IN them. Now it's all taking a quick look, run, gunfire, go to the next place quick...

Also, why does everything have to collapse/explode? This also gets to the point of absurd, honestly. It's so predictable that my reaction is rolling my eyes instead of feeling thrilled.

Oh, and bearing in mind that Nathan is able to do these amazing jumps and to grab from the most impossible ledges, it's quite absurd that sometimes you have to reach a relatively low platform and he says he can't jump that high (or that he can't reach Sam's or Elena's hand).

Uncharted 4. Ok, the game is beautiful... and fun. But is a bit absurd in some aspects. .. .. This also gets to the point of absurd, honestly. It's so predictable that my reaction is rolling my eyes instead of feeling thrilled. .. it's quite absurd that sometimes you have to reach a relatively low platform and he says he can't jump that high (or that he can't reach Sam's or Elena's hand).

I feel like you bought Uncharted 4 expecting some realistic archeological simulator and the antics of Drake have melted your brain. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like you bought Uncharted 4 expecting some realistic archeological simulator and the antics of Drake have melted your brain. :LOL:
That's... absurd. :mrgreen:

Come on, it's not my first Uncharted. I played the original trilogy and I do love the franchise.

And if I liked realism so much, I wouldn't like Tomb Raider as much as I do.:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back