Playstation 5 Reveal Reactions *spawn*

I don't know what you all are talking about.
Following forums, specialized websites and youtube gurus I've learned:
- teraflops are not comparable, for example, gcn and rdna
- what really counts are top frequency and ssd speed
- on a lesser way, the audio stuff

Not really, what matters are bottlenecks. They will limit real world performance.
(Also OS + drivers + API, which may have non trivial cost and/or not empower their users.)

You are responding seriously?
I think Rodéric missed the sarcastic post. With all the nextgen crazy it is easy too, sometimes I'm not sure if what people are seemingly posting as serious opinions are supposed to be ironic, sarcastic or some weird humour, or if they have indeed just gone nuts with cabin fever.

The reactions is expected, the mainstream gaming press is all trying to maintain hype as best as they can while the die hard Playstation fans are all doing their best to get hyped from what ever they can. People who were on the 13TF PS5 bandwagon are now on the TF don't matter much, the SSD is the best thing ever bandwagon.

The general mass of people aren't all that impressed with how Sony choose to do their reveal.

this was so low-key, I couldn't stop laughing.
I was like, I don't know if this is a trap, I will wait for someone else to respond

Sorry for bringing this offtopic back up, but I have to give my two cents on it.

The fake crowd

They were digitally superimposed. They moved, but they were video footage added in post.

Also, I feel like it is not even video. It was a picture that they animated digitally. When I saw a head move, I never saw the perspective change. Nothing ever rotated, they just "distorted" sideways i paralel to the camera. It was a very cheap effect done with some stock photo.

Regardless of the quality of the execution, the idea of adding a fake crowd to a pre-recorded video is tastless and crude from a purely conceptual level. Very disapointed in sony on that one. They used to be sleeker than that.

I also didn't much like the visual language of the slides. Again, the execution was polished enough, but they lacked the taste. I'm legit worried for the physical design of the box now. Sony seems like it lost some of its sexyness. They are loosing to Micro-Fucking-Soft for god's sake!

Last edited:
Sorry for bringing this offtopic back up, but I have to give my two cents on it.

The fake crowd

They were digitally superimposed. They moved, but they were video footage added in post.

Also, I feel like it is not even video. It was a picture that they animated digitally. When I saw a head move, I never saw the perspective change. Nothing ever rotated, they just "distorted" sideways i paralel to the camera. It was a very cheap effect done with some stock photo.

Regardless of the quality of the execution, the idea of adding a fake crowd to a pre-recorded video is tastless and crude from a purely conceptual level. Very disapointed in sony on that one. They used to be sleeker than that.

I also didn't much like the visual language of the slides. Again, the execution was polished enough, but they lacked the taste. I'm legit worried for the physical design of the box now. Sony seems like it lost some of its sexyness. They are loosing to Micro-Fucking-Soft for god's sake!

Are we really having this kind of conversation? critiquing silhouettes?

Hopefully VR comes back as atopic. The rave reviews of half life alyx; tells me VR games may have been finally solved.

my buddy and I normally get sick. But he is just powering through this one

Are we really having this kind of conversation? critiquing silhouettes?
Yes. Critique of the presentation can include everything, even the lighting , make-up, Cerny's smile, etc. Part of discussing the 'console industry' is the consumer presence these companies and products command. In this case, the fake crowd did not go down well in some people's opinions.

As for Milk's points, he's wrong. ;)

I think you're completely wrong. The people are lit appropriate for the lighting, and the movement is natural. Very small motions, and at 1:30 bottom left, you see a hand doing stuff. All the heads are moving slightly and naturally (get all B3D on the video's arse and start measuring pixel drifts!). There's no way that's a 2D image tweaked to look like motion. That'd be a crazy amount of work! And if they were going to superimpose a crowd, they'd surely grab one more representative of the GDC audience rather than five people. Those people look like the only few Sony could get their hands on, the production crew.

Last edited:
Yes. Critique of the presentation can include everything, even the lighting , make-up, Cerny's smile, etc. Part of discussing the 'console industry' is the consumer presence these companies and products command. In this case, the fake crowd did not go down well in some people's opinions.

As for Milk's points, he's wrong. ;)

I think you're completely wrong. The people are lit appropriate for the lighting, and the movement is natural. Very small motions, and at 1:30 bottom left, you see a hand doing stuff. All the heads are moving slightly and naturally (get all B3D on the video's arse and start measuring pixel drifts!). There's no way that's a 2D image tweaked to look like motion. That'd be a crazy amount of work! And if they were going to superimpose a crowd, they'd surely grab one more representative of the GDC audience rather than five people. Those people look like the only few Sony could get their hands on, the production crew.

Yeah, people keep rolling out the ‘fake crowd’ story which simply isn’t true...but then I was watching at home on a TV so the small movements were easier to see.

I can understand an initial 'that crowd looks fake' response, but it's all of two minutes to validate by rewatching. I mean, the audience was likely fake in not being real devs, but they were real people there.

Back