The lack of Next-Gen demos and what to expect from the future

Also the last of us was a PS3 game, I think shifty might have forgotten that when he played it recently.

UPDATE 18.03.2020

So both Xbox SX and PS5 specs have been revealed and the only thing we have seen are an old gen game (Gears 5) with some better settings and some path tracing Minecraft demo, both of them from Microsoft.

GDC is not physically happening due to the COVID19 pandemic but no "next-gen" material seems to be out there yet.
Normally game demos are rushed for shows. Without the shows, devs can take it easier and actually work on the game instead of show-floor demos.

Normally game demos are rushed for shows. Without the shows, devs can take it easier and actually work on the game instead of show-floor demos.

We are used to see new tech in the year before the release.

If we are to believe MS, HellBlade 2 graphics should become reality.

Definitely the only interesting thing but I wonder how it can be considered. Is it in any way a realistic depiction of what we could expect?

Aren't MS games supposed to release on Xbox One as well?

Another great showcase from Ninja Theory is this other project:

Given the recent disappointing ray tracing demos (The minecaft path tracing one was good but you get what I mean) I wonder why they seem to be the only ones capable of crafting something that looks great.

Plus are they still working with UE4?

Hellblade 2 wasn't announced as a launch title or for XB1. It will probably come after the 1-2 year period that MS mandated for 1st party studios to support both XB1 & XBSX systems. It may be one of the first XBSX exclusive titles from a 1st party studio.

Tommy McClain

I'm sure Guerrilla must have something to show, haven't they been working on something next gen for three years?

I'm sure Guerrilla must have something to show, haven't they been working on something next gen for three years?

Yes they have games to show, Rumors told one Bluepoint game, One Housemarque game and ratchet And Clanck for Insomniac.

What about Guerrilla? I want to see next gen Decima and I want to see it now:runaway:

Two games by Guerilla one games multiplayer oriented the game director is the Rainbow Six Siege ex director and the Killzone 2 mp director. And HZD 2 probably the first real demo of the SSD.

It seems the SSD is finished since 2016 from what I understood of Fabian Giesen from RAD tool the schedule to create the hardware decoder was tight in 2016. And Marck Cerny talked about 20165 and 2016 for the SSD R&D. And he said too Kraken was a new product (release April 2016).

Given the recent disappointing ray tracing demos (The minecaft path tracing one was good but you get what I mean) I wonder why they seem to be the only ones capable of crafting something that looks great.

Plus are they still working with UE4?
Give all studios time to showcase their work in time for the actual consumer launch/reveal events. developers are tackling new items as well as having to build their games, higher asset/materials costs to build these worlds etc.

The main course is yet to be served ;)

I'm wondering fast streaming we'll see more filmic paced cutting between locations/scenes. There was an indie title that played around with the idea but I can't remember the name. For the Remedys and Quantic Dreams of the world, might lead to interesting story beats.

Back