Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

1TB is too little for us on the PS4 Pro now, should really have upgraded it already (did that with the original PS4 which has 2TB which is much better). Have so many big games that I’ve had to delete long before I completed them.

I struggle for space as I have kids and they have their games and they are usually quite large like CoD and Battlefield.

Also as my game time is limited I like to have a large selection available rather than have to redownload.
Use an external drive either for your kids or for your gaming needs.

I struggle for space as I have kids and they have their games and they are usually quite large like CoD and Battlefield.

Also as my game time is limited I like to have a large selection available rather than have to redownload.
As someone who wanted a hybrid approach for the 1X and still wouldn't have minded until pretty recently I feel your pain.

But I suspect it will also be the same for PS5.

For xsx, let's hope that the usb connections aren't hobbled. So you can back your games up to external ssd.
If they use intelegent delivery for external storage also, so that you can re install only the parts you need and it does it in order required so can get into games quickly it may not be too bad in reality.
Compared to the positives that the architecture has.

Be interesting to see how much the ssd cartridge is.

I'd be more than happy with a hybrid solution, i.e. 1Tb SSD and 2-4Tb HDD for storage of older games that the system swaps out automatically. 1Tb just does not seem enough. I know SSDs will mean less data duplication but I struggle with 2Tb in PS4 Pro. In an ideal world, they'd allow me store games on my NAS which has around 9Tb free at the moment.
Well the ps5 has a 825gig ssd and i don't recall them having an external option. So the 1TB will feel quite large lol

Mark Cerny just said you can expand PS5 with an external HDD or expand with fast-enough standard NVMe.
external drive is for ps4 games. I'd love to see the price for a fast enough NVMe. Hopefully they go into more detail

external drive is for ps4 games. I'd love to see the price for a fast enough NVMe. Hopefully they go into more detail

I suggest you go to the on-topic thread what I quoted what he said in full. This is obviously not the place for it.

Having only 1TB which is going to probably be less to support the quick resume feature is the main problem.

Games are going to be bigger and it will fill up quickly.
The expansion card other than beying annoying to have is definitely going to be an expensive upgrade.
With no duplication of data it is hard to say if games will be bigger

Do people really expect games sizes to stop growing? Once devs remove the duplicate data, they now have space for more data which they will fill.

Back