Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

This is presentation planned for Game Developer Conference. Expect architecture details. It might not even be flops/clock speeds but just rather what game developers should be planning for and taking into consideration.

Yep, I means those things I mentioned in details. So not like just showing the dashboard but explaining the dashboard was drawn in these layers with auto resource paging etc. The whole thing is a html5 page presented by chromium so custom theme developers can easily do xyz or something .

Who gives a shit? It's a game developer presentation. Consumers shouldn't be involved with stuff they don't understand. If some lame Joe Public wants to tweet about reactions, go ahead. Makes no difference to PS5's eventual sales and success/failure, which'll be entirely dependent on Sony's hardware choices, implementation, software, marketing, and pricing.
If it's just a game developer presentation then it shouldn't be done. If you are going to be making your presentation to your customers then make it properly. Half-assed is always half-assed!!

But don't you think that for the majority of the consumers this will looks like just a reaction from Sony?
Which console is better doesn't matter yet, what matters is the consumer's mindset, how many people will be convinced to buy one at the end of the year.
Not really.

The majority of gamers having a ps4, with next gen being BC, and many having a digital library, it won't move easily.

The status quo if nobody convinces anyone is sales remaining 2:1 for Sony.

MS however needs to convince playstation fans to jump ship.

Not really.

The majority of gamers having a ps4, with next gen being BC, and many having a digital library, it won't move easily.

The status quo if nobody convinces anyone is sales remaining 2:1 for Sony.

I agree but GamePass is a factor

Or target PC gamers to upgrade to Series X instead of their PCs.

But, this is all discussion for a different Topic, so let's not delve further into it here.

"Finding new dreams". :rolleyes: Don't go all Jony Ive on us, Mark.

Wow that looks rough. A good remainder of the tough times we are living in.

I start to have a feeling we will not get a whole lot of information today... betting on no Teraflop talk today..

You all seem to be streaming a minute or two behind me. I am so in the future.

Back