Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh Jason was not precise in his predictions and hasn't actually said "It will be exactly this and this", in fact, he was shying away from delivering clear numbers and said quite a few times that he doesn't know them.

Now, two systems with 16GB of RAM, same CPU, similar SSD tech and exact same GPUs with 2-3TF differences are for all developers pretty much "the same". So from this, things can spiral out of control for people who view TF as ultimate and only attribute that defines power and performance in console.

I don't think that Jason has the slightest clue. I would wait for DF analysis to make an informed decision on which console to buy.

edit: if you only care about performance ofc

I think maybe he heard from third party there is more than flops maybe PS5 will have more bandwidth than XSX and it will compensate a little some deficiency in Tflops...

I think maybe he heard from third party there is more than flops maybe PS5 will have more bandwidth than XSX and it will compensate a little some deficiency in Tflops...
Only explanation for that is RT system capable of shadowing and lighting at good frame rates as that involves a lot of raster shader flops.

Remember when people were saying that insiders words are highly subjective....well Jason Scherier tweets in the last 18 hours seemingly being all over the place are a prime example of that...

But why would a presumably weaker GPU gets paired with more bandwidth than a more powerful GPU? Unless XSX is unbalanced and bandwidth starved or even ram amount deficit in comparison? Haven't all the rumors pointed to a smaller bandwidth PS5? Or maybe the Raytracer in PS5 really is something special, it's gonna have to make up for a whole 3 TF difference in worst case scenario.

But why would a presumably weaker GPU gets paired with more bandwidth than a more powerful GPU? Unless XSX is unbalanced and bandwidth starved or even ram amount deficit in comparison? Haven't all the rumors pointed to a smaller bandwidth PS5? Or maybe the Raytracer in PS5 really is something special, it's gonna have to make up for a whole 3 TF difference in worst case scenario.

How much Tflops weaker is it? if this is 10.x or 11.x maybe they can go with more bandwidth maybe the console is more balanced. He seems to say that the console from what he heard from developer is well balanced and it will not means huge difference for XSX. Don't forget he is not a technical guy, he only talk about what he heard form technical developer.

And than the lead engine developer of ID Software speak highly of the PS5 probably a well balanced console.

As I think much PS fans would love to believe that. I don't see how Sony could be better at RT than AMD or NVIDIA. Maybe they've been working with AMD developing their RT solution and have expanded a bit more on the solution AMD could provide them? Is there any other Sony division working with RT? Animated Movies?

I think, with the exception of the storage tech, that PS5 and XB are going to be pretty much retail chips with some modifications to make them more efficient.

I see many here haven't been a part of PS360 generation. Difference in settings and resolution at 720p was pretty apparent on the eye. Even 5% lower resolution would be visible at HD era, but today? Full 2160p vs 1800p with smart upscale? Literally 0 difference for 99% of population. Its practically a waste of resources.

All will be fine, be it 9TF, 10TF or 13TF, differences will be minimal. (considerably smaller then PS4Pro vs XBX, let alone original consoles).

As I think much PS fans would love to believe that. I don't see how Sony could be better at RT than AMD or NVIDIA. Maybe they've been working with AMD developing their RT solution and have expanded a bit more on the solution AMD could provide them? Is there any other Sony division working with RT? Animated Movies?

I think, with the exception of the storage tech, that PS5 and XB are going to be pretty much retail chips with some modifications to make them more efficient.
SONY doesn't develop RT solution on their own. SONY can buy POWER VR solution and customize with SONY'S and AMD's IP..

SONY doesn't develop RT solution on their own. SONY can buy POWER VR solution and customize with SONY'S and AMD's IP..

If they do that, they should have opted to delay until the Rys-RT product is closer.

I suppose they could, but that would be a lot of additional hardware development work considering Sony are already working with a vendor that can provide pretty much everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back