Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my final prediction:
- It's going to run on some form of electricity
- It's going to have Central Processing Unit (at least an 486)
- It's going to have something better than a Voodoo 2 SLI (slightly)
- At least 16MB of RAM
- An optical drive would be nice
- Probably no modem (probably)

For tomorrow I am predicting from 11.6 tf to 13.3 tf (13.3 clocks !) with 52CUs.

But the emphasis of the presentation will be SSD speed and they are probably going to talk about their custom Ray Tracing, 3D Audio, smart game installing, haptic controller, adaptive triggers and BC.

All of that demoed using Knack 3. :yep2:
Reveal coming now suggest they are comfortable with how they compete in terms of performance. And while I'd expect flops to be relatively close, I expect the presentation focus more on speed and balance.

- At least 16MB of RAM

Are you predicting the Switch 2?

- At least 16MB of RAM

Is it a 14.4 modem?

The fact that he is quoting it means he is trying to hype it. The dev is probably being paid to hype if he is working on next gen games.

If you knew anything about Schrier, you'd know he has never cared about hyping anything outside of workers rights.

Jason seems to be setting the stage for weaker PS5. The next question is if he actually knows anything though.

"Weaker" in theory, but faster in practice, maybe.

Not to me, but ...

I predict after the reveal, that despite it being a great technical stalemate, each camp's side will feel like they wont and the other lost and will continue the online battles. And the console wars shall continue in DLC 8 (next-gen 2020).

I can also predict that NVIDIA's 30XX series budget line (300€ being NVIDIA's definition of budget) will beat both consoles in performance (maybe not in raw performance but thanks to RT optimizations and so on) before they are even released and the consoles will feel again like a budget gaming PC.

For the PS5 reveal, the SSD details, the "haptic" controller and the the memory configuration are where I am most interested. After all the talk on here about the availability/ potential price issue for 16Gbps, or the apparently non-existent 18Gbps, and the possibility of a 256-bit bus, I am really curious to see what Sony's solution is after seeing MS's split pool config. I am sure both of them are smart enough to have written the contracts such that if the 16 or 18 is available and affordable they can move up.

I remain intensely curious about Lockhart. I really hope it is done and is substantially cheaper. Be really interesting not to mention potentially personally beneficial.

Don’t forget amd, they could be competitive with Turing.

uhzjmXj.jpg

They had to cut the price on the 5700 XT even before release to compete with the 2060 Super. I think, as most of us, they did not expect the Super series, and have the 5700XT to compete with the 2070.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't MS claim the Xbox 360 had over a teraflop of power when you combined the CPU/GPU and whatever else lol? I'm 99% sure they did because at the time I think I had to look up what a teraflop was. That was the true beginning of the flop wars :LOL:
They did. They even showed a graphic comparison of how much more TF power the 360 had compared to the PS3 weakling :LOL:

They did. They even showed a graphic comparison of how much more TF power the 360 had compared to the PS3 weakling :LOL:

Did they omit cell somehow or creatively calculate it?

My recollection from discussions on here was at a primitive flop count cell was a relative monster. Rsx might have been a bit low but cell more than made up in the list wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back