Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the 6th generation days :)

Unless they've hired Don Mattrick I don't see them doing the same. But, now that you mention it, think for a second, imagine how big their brand is that they survived a 599$ console, with no games, no third party exclusives, that released a year later than the competition and still managed to sell 80 million units.

MS made with the XBO half the mistakes Sony made with the PS3 and will probably end the generation with less than 50M units sold. XBO, with the exception of Sony's 1st party exclusives, is a much better console than the PS3 and has never managed to truly recover. Although I don't think MS cares much about units sold these days.

Now, does anyone think we are going to have an "we actually have 8GB of GDDR5" moment?

I'm mostly "worried" they wont say anything about FLOPS (the only thing anybody actually cares about, tee hee). If they have 9, I'm almost certain they wont. If they have some higher number, I dont know. If they have higher than 12.1, then yeah they'll probably say it. But that would leave them vulnerable to a last second Series X upclock (but then, maybe they could upclock back! The shenanigans!).
Anything over 11TF they'll just come out and say it. Sure they'd like to have the power crown but 11.6 is still good. Under that, and esp 8+TF and it'll be couched in a greater number that'll be over 25TF's :yep2::yes:

It would be custom RT hardware if it was anything.

I don't think that would truly surprise us. Back then the talk was that PS4 had 2GB of RAM and they pushed it to 4GB for the retail console. When they said they had 8GB everyone was like WTFFFF, 599 DOLLARZ

PS5 runs on DirectX and DXR.

This is it.

Imagine Phil Spencer coming out to the stage and saying "ladies and gentleman, I present you, the Super XBOX Playstation."

"And if you insert a music CD, you can actually play your music on your console"

I would be all over the place. Man I really miss the blast processing days.

I don't think that would truly surprise us. Back then the talk was that PS4 had 2GB of RAM and they pushed it to 4GB for the retail console. When they said they had 8GB everyone was like WTFFFF, 599 DOLLARZ

Imagine Phil Spencer coming out to the stage and saying "ladies and gentleman, I present you, the Super XBOX Playstation."

"And if you insert a music CD, you can actually play your music on your console"

I would be all over the place. Man I really miss the blast processing days.

I'd really quite like the PS5 to be able to play music CD's. I don't know which annoys me more: the omission of CD playback on the PS4, or the omission of UHD-BR on the PS4Pro.

I'd love for them to announce that the PS5 contains some form of HBM. If that happens, I'll fellate everyone (that's over 18) on this board. Whether or not they want me to.

Somebody knew something. Either Sony had prepared stuff for GDC and waited on MS to go out and then drop the bomb on then, or MS knew they were up to something for GDC and preemptively striked with DF deep dive (similar to PS4 last gen).

Not long to find out now!

Yes, I believe they didn’t want a repeat of last gen where they didn’t show the hardware because they got negative feedback on that aspect.

Yeah, cause that went so poorly for them...

I think it will be similar to their initial 2013 reveal for PS4 where they mainly talked about the specs/hardware.

They debuted multiple new games at that event: Knack, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Driveclub, Infamous: Second Son. I fully expect to see next gen gameplay tomorrow.

Or this was always the week GDC was going to happen and both were planning based on that timing.
I am sure they had something planned, just not sure MS planned on calling jurnos into Redmond for tech deep dive 2 days before it.

Sonys announcement also looks "coincidental". Lets see, not long now.

Somebody knew something. Either Sony had prepared stuff for GDC and waited on MS to go out and then drop the bomb on then, or MS knew they were up to something for GDC and preemptively striked with DF deep dive (similar to PS4 last gen).

Not long to find out now!
There was a rumor late last week that a wired article was going to come out soon so maybe they decided to beat it to the punch. Could also be that the article was misidentified and it was from DF instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back