Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final exectations before real ps5 specs, my confidence level is...

10% - below 9.2TF (36CUs conservative clock)
75% - exact github 9.2TF
10% - up to 10TF (36CU 2.17ghz)
5% -- above 10TF (definitely not 36CUs)
1% -- triple stacked SoCs

I think I covered 101% of the possibilities.

It'll be fun if we get a deep dive into system architecture without specs. Read in Cerny voice, "Tens of ultra fast compute units, each with ray tracing hardware, together perform hundred of billions of intersection tests..."

I don't understand why people are concerned with the amount of hype their preferred brand is creating.... Who cares? As long as you're happy with what the product is offering than it doesn't matter, unless you only plan on buying something because lots of other people like it and are excited about it.
As I've just said elsewhere, MS and Sony have effectively turned this launch into a sporting match. They are playing each other, and it's ending up embroiling the public into some more invested interested. Sony had an early opener with RT and SSD. MS came back strong with a reveal. Sony were silent. MS then pushed hard and scored big. What were Sony going to do? Incredible come-back strike, as if they were waiting for an opening. What happens next? I don't know but it's strangely very exciting! What moves has Sony got? But then, MS hasn't revealed price. Will they be ahead? Have they a finisher?

More bloody fun than playing the things! :LOL:

I'm sticking with Xbox having a slight edge in in the Flop war. Phil Spencer hinted that he believes they'll have an advantage and personally I think he probably knows more than any of us or any supposed insider. My guess is that unless Sony can pull some type of last minute 8GB ram type surprise Xbox will have a power advantage. That being said I think Sony will have a great customized system just like MS and they'll have advantages in other areas. Both systems are going to be incredible in comparison to last gen where we didn't get the graphical leap I was hoping for. This time around it seems we will, and that's exciting.

I hope there will be at least some hardware novelties to present outside of rdna2. Otherwise we're going to have a simple repetition of what we already know.

I hope there will be at least some hardware novelties to present outside of rdna2. Otherwise we're going to have a simple repetition of what we already know.

Imagine...

Cerny: “It’s an honour to be here. We’re live-streaming today and I’m so excited to share this deep dive of our next generation console, the PS5. This thing is a beast. It’s pretty much the same as Series X. Now, moving on to the games...”

I would DIE.

Imagine...

Cerny: “It’s an honour to be here. We’re live-streaming today and I’m so excited to share this deep dive of our next generation console, the PS5. This thing is a beast. It’s pretty much the same as Series X. Now, moving on to the games...”

I would DIE.

Cerny is all about the technical hardware stuff though. I don't think he would even get up there if he wasn't talking about technical stuff...

unknown.png

I saw the video of xsx loading time. It takes about 9 seconds to load.

If the RAM is 13.5GB for games, then the real world speed is only about 1.5GB/s.

(the spec is 2.4GB/s and 4.8GB/s for compressed)

Does this demo use raw speed or real time decompression?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back