Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the Austin Evans Series X hands on video (I find that guy kinda annoying) has racked up 1.1 million views in 12 hours (and it's badged #3 trending in gaming when I looked, contrary to what you said), quite a good deal more than his other recent vids.

And too be honest reset era next gen speculation threads have been pretty much the most popular and active on the site for months, even above Nintendo threads.

I more get a feeling the core gamers are sitting around waiting for the next gen. Cyberpunk could have kept us busy, but of course it got delayed.

And the PS5 “logo reveal” had what, 5 million views in a day? Only a few weeks ago.

You kinda just proved my point :)

And the PS5 “logo reveal” had what, 5 million views in a day? Only a few weeks ago.

You kinda just proved my point :)

Where? Link?

Further, you said it's not trending and, it actually is trending :razz

Searching YT for "PS5 logo reveal" shows the highest count at 2 mil for a Cnet vid after a month. Austin's Series X vid has 1.5 in less than a day. Anyways different things, PS5 logo reveal turned into a meme/joke.

Last edited:
Where? Link?

Further, you said it's not trending and, it actually is trending :razz

Searching YT for "PS5 logo reveal" shows the highest count at 2 mil for a Cnet vid after a month. Austin's Series X vid has 1.5 in less than a day. Anyways different things, PS5 logo reveal turned into a meme/joke.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/fo...go-has-more-than-5-million-likes-on-instagram

Again, Please understand that I’m not judging what Sony or MS are doing here. All I’m talking about is timing and the realities of what is happening in business right now.

1 million views on a CNET video will not get Xbox to sell PS4 numbers.

5 million Instagram likes in 24h for a stupid PS5 logo shows that the PS brand is strong, but especially that the timing of that reveal was in a different world to today’s.

“Becoming a meme” and “millions of instagram likes” is the kind of coverage everyone should aspire to, in today’s marketing! I know it’s sad, but that’s the world we live in: sad.

It’s the kind of marketing that has served Sony so well for so many years, and it’s clear to see why they wouldn’t want to get away from that. Getting those “casual gamers” in. Nintendo has also been very good at this, on and off.

MS is most definitely winning the “core gamer” public right now - some of the tech in the X is insane. The auto-HDR tech for example? I cried happy tears.

But MS needs to win a whole lot more than the “core gamers” if they want to get anywhere close to what the PS4 did this generation.

EDIT: NEVER MIND!!!!!

Last edited:
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/fo...go-has-more-than-5-million-likes-on-instagram

Again, Please understand that I’m not judging what Sony or MS are doing here. All I’m talking about is timing and the realities of what is happening in business right now.

1 million views on a CNET video will not get Xbox to sell PS4 numbers.

5 million Instagram likes in 24h for a stupid PS5 logo shows that the PS brand is strong, but especially that the timing of that reveal was in a different world to today’s.

“Becoming a meme” and “millions of instagram likes” is the kind of coverage everyone should aspire to, in today’s marketing! I know it’s sad, but that’s the world we live in: sad.

It’s the kind of marketing that has served Sony so well for so many years, and it’s clear to see why they wouldn’t want to get away from that. Getting those “casual gamers” in. Nintendo has also been very good at this, on and off.

MS is most definitely winning the “core gamer” public right now - some of the tech in the X is insane. The auto-HDR tech for example? I cried happy tears.

But MS needs to win a whole lot more than the “core gamers” if they want to get anywhere close to what the PS4 did this generation.

Yeah, I was auto-HDR tech looked amazing...initially I was only really interested in RT and SSD improvements but XSX is looking really impressive!

Totally agree about the marketing too.

It was originally planned for GDC so we can expect techs but not so much for games(and actually they will do it anyway even Microsoft didn't do anything yesterday).

Guess they won't take it with digital foundry? That would be awesome. Curious if sony will show the final design, and offcourse full specs and everything.

giphy.gif

OMG finally! 3am her in AU but hell who's sleeping these days :devilish::devilish:
I'm not accepting anything less than 11 TF Cerny, don't disappoint me!

If this was supposed to be the GDC presentation, I wouldn't expect the final console form factor yet. I think that will be for a consumer type reveal in a month or two. This will focus on the innards. I just hope we see some real next gen graphics show pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back