Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 Gbyte is not enough, no HbM2 or other Wide I/O Solutions is also very dissapointing, cleary not a generational Leap. Busarchitecture/Memorysystem is a big Bottleneck.

You're off your rocker and lost your marbles.

Btw do you guys remember taiwan insider aquariuszi, he ended up pretty accurate about the SoC for XSX at least(he guessed ~350mm2), i was thinking he's wrong due to most people(including DF) guessed ~400mm2 for XSX, but nah.
Now let's wait for the PS5(he guessed ~300mm2).
https://pttweb.tw/s/3We5x
He can see these SOC layouts.

If we look all the leaks together:
528GB/s RAM from github
300 mm2 from AquariusZi
$450 BOM from Bloomberg
11.6 TF from Odium

They are consistent.

xsx: 560GB/s theoretical, 360mm2, 12.1TF, $480~490 BOM.

Was the 11.6TF before or after Spencer confirmed 12 TFs at VGA (2 * OneX)?
I think 11.6 is pretty new one, here is the TF stocks of PS5:
vMGXkwO.jpg

Well....my theory of Lockhart being primarily for Xcloud was wrong. Apparently the XSX chip can be used to virtualize 4 Xbox One S instances in Xcloud....

Well....my theory of Lockhart being primarily for Xcloud was wrong. Apparently the XSX chip can be used to virtualize 4 Xbox One S instances in Xcloud....

Any chance of a theoretical 4TF part being used solely for testing and development of BC?

I don't think so, I only remember them being made on Sony PS5 side. But then again I'm old and have slept since then. *shrug*
I remember reading people who were pretty adamant xsx was <10TF due to only being 2x xb1x, too bad there wasn't a bet.

Last edited:
SSD speed (I/O) is 2GB/s rounded as the insider correctly predicted. So now, since a few hours, we must all use compressed (marketing) numbers even if we have being using actual I/O BW numbers (the real amount of bytes that pass by the controller) for years ? :rolleyes:

Are we going to use the 25tf number announced by Microsoft (and happily printed by DF) too ?

The compressed number is very important because this is what optimized games for X will used and decompressed in realtime take many ressources. It would means 5 zen2 cores occupy by this.

So guy who posted 10 wrong things for 1 right, after 12TF number was already confirmed, was more correct then document which showed :

56CU chip (which it technically is)
Actual confirmed chip codename - Arden
560GB/s
320bit bus
RT/VRS
Same 2.0GHz clock for PS5
Actual codename for PS5 chip - Oberon

Now, I already said this, with Xbox One X MS used full chip for dev kit and cut 4CUs for retail, so it could have easily happen again. But to throw away one leak because data from it was incorrectly assumed (because hey, there still are 3584 shader cores in XSX), and go with guy that posted 10 more wrong things for one correct one is...interesting.

Btw, if we are being pedantic - chip is 1.825MHz.
To clarify, I'm not saying the Github data is wrong - just that it was wrongly used to prove PS5 is 9TF as it's incomplete data. You know this thread is full of people using the Github data in this way, Shifty even had to tell people to stop using it this way. And (again) I'm not discounting this guy just guessed right - but it's interesting he guessed almost exactly the correct speed, he could have just said 1.8. Not only that, he said RDNA 2.

Also, read his post, explains everything regarding the insider who guessed XSX specs.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps...se-read-03-16-staff-post.173318/post-29949494

From DrKeo

''I have to say, he had like 50% chance of guessing that. If you take 12TF for granted (because of the windows central leak), there aren't many ways of achieving that. You basically have two options:
1) 52CU @1.81Ghz.
2) 56CU @1.675Ghz.

Anything else doesn't make much sense. I mean, you can add two less likely options, 48CU @1.95Ghz, and 60CU @1.562Ghz but that's still well over 25% chance (considering the last two options aren't that likely). A lot of numbers have been thrown around, I mean I made a post about XSX memory having two speeds, 10GB @560GB/s and 6GB @336GB/s back in December which is spot on, but you don't see me claiming to be an insider. I just take the rumors and leaked numbers and play with them according to my technical knowledge and still I've provided better and more accurate "insider" information.''
See my reply above. Either way, I'm not saying it proves anything, just that we should keep an open mind - the truth is likely out there, it's just spotting it in the noise.

That's not a valid argument (if it was, I wouldn't have asked for one ;)). That hype brought customers to the fight - bums on seats. Explain to me how a lack of PS5 info now means a lack of 'bums on seats' when it launches. If PS5 wasn't advertised at all, then yes, you'd have a point. "PS5? I didn't even know it was out. That's why I bought an Xbox." Clearly though, PS5 will be fully covered when it's time to. So it's not an issue of no coverage, but coverage timing. You're saying that XBSX is gaining an advantage. In this business, that means unit sales. So, how are PS5's unit sales going to be affected by a lack of information 8 months in advance as opposed to, say, only 4 months in advance? How many people are going to have their mind made up now for XBSX who can't then be influenced to consider PS5 in some months' time because the info is too late? Or is your argument something else? Please explain what Sony loses with this silence.
It’s as valid as any of the 10000 assumptions posted here based on zero facts.
Still not seeing the bigger picture even after l painted it for you ( my painting skills are probably lacking).

Pre event Boxing hype info is there to sell fight get bums on seats. They do it early now because it matters.
Pre console hype is there to do the same thing.
If you want to sell something to someone you find a way of implanting that in their mind, the sooner the better.
Is it going to make a huge difference, No, but as l said earlier it’s a another part of the pie. Simples.

Edit; actually it’s more valid than the 10000 baseless posts on here with zero facts.

Last edited:
See my reply above. Either way, I'm not saying it proves anything, just that we should keep an open mind - the truth is likely out there, it's just spotting it in the noise.

Yes, ps5 could very well be 12, 13 or 15TF. It could also be sub 10. Or anything between. Nothing is off the cards untill official specs drop. Wouldn’t it be for all the leaks, common sense would be it is around what xbox is, for me atleast. I personally choose to believe in what another doesn’t. If it turns out to be 15tf of rdna2 monster, then well we have some real monster of a console there.
I guess sony won’t be having to wait too long for them to show something?

What's this based on, just wanting more?
What do you think would be min?

It's not a "flop" which sounds cool and involves "speed", and MS is still fuming about the whole "1080p PS4/1600p Xbox One" thing 7 years later. So they went way the hell out of their way to order a highly custom chip that's simultaneously fast and relatively affordable. At the expense of not putting another 8gb GDDR6 module in.

I mean, an ok NVME drive should help with texture variety in open world games quite a bit. And 16gb of ram should be enough to move from the current standard of about 1k per meter to 2k. But that's just reaching "Good enough for sharp 1080p" most of the time, not the quadruple that you'd want for actual 4k. Still I wouldn't be surprised if the PS5 ended up with the same.

Yes, ps5 could very well be 12, 13 or 15TF. It could also be sub 10. Or anything between. Nothing is off the cards untill official specs drop. Wouldn’t it be for all the leaks, common sense would be it is around what xbox is, for me atleast. I personally choose to believe in what another doesn’t. If it turns out to be 15tf of rdna2 monster, then well we have some real monster of a console there.
I guess sony won’t be having to wait too long for them to show something?

Even if it's 15, MS has closed the flop gap significantly from last gen (25% vs 38%). Along with last gen they were further hampered by a bizarre/slow memory architecture beyond the Flops.

There's really no way MS cant win here. Anything below 15 is just gravy.

I'm still firmly team github/9.2 though. The Series X is the size of a tank, believers in Sony's magical bean engineering skills aside, I dont believe PS5 is going to be a PC mid-tower that by extension would be required for 15 TF. And dont point Series X to dev kits, dev kits vs something that must live, be a good citizen, and survive as a home console are different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back